The Truth

My Angel

No POV~

“I’m sorry?” Naeun blurted. Chen turned around and gave her a dull look.

“It’s best you shut up if you don’t want to be murdered.”

“Child. Step forward,” Bo Ah ordered. Naeun narrowed her eyes.

“Why should I?” she challenged. Bo Ah’s lips parted in surprise, and everyone else gaped at her.

“I think I know where that sass came from,” Daniel sang, to the confusion of everyone except Bo Ah.

“Why should Naeun have to do anything? You said that we could go back on this day, Queen. Leave her out of this,” Taemin begged. Bo Ah fixed a glare on the wingless angel.

You said that her memory of you and the others would be gone as well, but she seems awfully trusting of these odd strangers. And she doesn’t seem to react very badly to our wings, Lee Taemin,” Bo Ah shot back. Taemin pressed his lips together as Naeun sighed and stepped forward, not wanting to make the situation worse for the angels. Bo Ah held out her hand, and Naeun took it hesitantly. Daniel walked forward to stand next to Bo Ah and Naeun, and everyone immediately tensed.

“Calm down. You guys make it seem like I’m going to kill the girl here and now.”

“It’s likely,” Taemin said between gritted teeth.

“Child, close your eyes,” Bo Ah said soothingly. Naeun was going to rebel, but the way the woman’s eyes glittered told her that there was nothing to be afraid of. She complied. She felt Bo Ah put a gentle hand on one side of her back. A weird feeling jolted through her, and she flinched, frowning. “Daniel. It’s definitely her. Do you think we should reverse the process?”

“Well, it’s too late now. Might as well, right?” The Dark Lord’s voice seemed softer. Another hand joined Bo Ah’s, and suddenly, the world went dizzy.

“What are you guys doing? What’s happening?” Taemin panicked as Naeun gasped in pain. Her back arched as she felt two stabs going through her body. “Stop!”

“It’s really her,” Daniel muttered.

And then her knees buckled, Naeun collapsing to the ground in an unconscious heap.

Naeun~

It was black. And then it was white. With light tinges of blue on the border. That was how her vision was going, like she was on very strong drugs. She heard a baby’s cry, and she realized that it was her own. Her hands reached up to the light.

It was black again.

Now she could see the two rulers of the Light and the Dark, frowning down upon her. They seemed younger though, if that was even possible. A lot happier, and more comfortable around each other. They seemed troubled by something else though.

Me? Naeun wondered. When was this?

A flash of white.

“No one knows of this,” a soothing yet assertive voice assured someone.

“And they shouldn’t,” a rough yet somehow loving voice replied.

“I don’t know if I can do this.” The soft voice seemed teary now.

Darkness. Light. Tears. There were a lot of tears blurring her vision now.

“We’ve hidden her long enough. In human years, four. I don’t think we can keep it any longer.”

“She’s not an it!”

Silence.

“I’m sorry. But you know what we have to do, unless you want another World War between our kind.”

“I . . .” Naeun could see tears, but she couldn’t feel them anymore. Her own had passed in the confusion, probably. “I’m sorry.” She knew this was directed at her; she could feel the pain and reluctance shooting at her.

Everything was dark again. It was dark for a long time, and Naeun was scared she would be stuck there forever. Despite that, she saw a small light. After a while, it grew bigger and brighter. And then she saw a face, a beautiful, angelic face.

Taemin . . .

“Taemin . . .,” Naeun croaked. Taemin stood up from his seat beside Naeun and let out a strangled, relieved cry. “Taemin? Where am I?”

“I’m so glad you’re awake. I would have punched the Dark Lord’s face if you never did,” Taemin said instead, ignoring her question. He wrapped her up in a hug, which caused her upper body to sting.

“Ouch! Why does my back hurt so much?” Naeun stretched, glad that she was lying on a soft, cushiony bed. Taemin’s expression was unreadable. “Tae?”

“We’re in the Light,” Taemin finally answered her previous question, pulling the blanket higher on Naeun’s aching body. He was biting his lip. “The others are outside the room; they wanted to give us alone time so we could talk . . . about things.”

“The Light? How did I get here?” she began, but then she stopped suddenly. “Your wings! They’re back!” Taemin glanced back at the large, white wings protruding from his back; and then he turned back as if it didn’t matter that the deadly scars on his back had been replaced by the beautiful wings that had been ripped off. The ones he had missed so dearly.

“Humans don’t normally have the ability to enter the Light,” Taemin said flatly. Naeun stared at him in confusion as she sat up. The blanket fell off her, but oddly enough . . . the comfy bed had moved with her. Naeun’s eyes widened, and she turned to stare behind her.

“Tae.”

“Yes?”

Taemin.”

“Yes, Naeun?”

“You better give me a damn good reason why I have wings sprouting from my freaking back!” Naeun screamed.

Taemin~

“What the actual heck is a Lark angel?!” Naeun shrieked, reaching back to grab a fistful of black and white feathers. She was shocked, of course, but also confused. Why weren’t her wings like Taemin’s completely white, or Kai’s, completely black? Instead, she felt like a fashion disaster compared to the others. “Isn’t that a type of bird?!”

“Oh. The guys and I just made it up like twenty minutes ago. You were only out for a day. It’s an angel of the Light and Dark. You know, that’s what you are, apparently, thus the cow feathers.” Naeun glared at him. “Or zebra feathers, gosh, I didn’t mean to imply that you’re big.”

“I’m angry because you’re not explaining ANYTHING to me!” Naeun shouted, taking her pillow and smacking him over the head.

“Okay, okay. This is basically the story that everyone has been repeating in an attempt to understand the scandalous rulers of our regions. Apparently Bo Ah - that’s the shiny lady you saw before - and Daniel - you know, that guy who could have killed you but he basically didn’t - used to have a thing.”

“A thing.”

“Uh huh.”

“The ‘Dark Lord’ and ‘Light Queen’.” Naeun made quotation marks in the air with her fingers as she spoke flatly. “Had a thing?”

“Will you let me tell the story? This is why it’s scandalous, Naeun. So back long, long ago, there was a beginning angel generation. Let me go through this. Angels just age a lot slower, so yes, there was actually a generation before Bo Ah and Daniel. When they were kids, they used to play together, like us. It was sort of a forbidden thing, like us. Well, anyways, when they were both chosen to be the next rulers, they knew that they couldn’t be together anymore. They were pretty young back then, and they were still madly in love.  So . . . they did the do.”

“They did the do?”

“They did the do and they had the you. Do you see what I’m saying here?”

“No, I don’t because I use grammar!”

“They did the ytime and they had a baby, Naeun! That baby was you?!” Taemin sighed, face burning red as he shook his head.

“Oh.” Naeun paused. “Oh. OH. MY. WHAT THE -” Taemin clapped a hand over and stuck out his lower lip.

“Please be quiet. This is the intense story plot twist, we don’t want any interruptions,” he chided gently. “Anyways, so apparently they kept you for about four human years; as an angel, you were still practically a newborn. Then they realized that it would be too difficult and dangerous to keep you. You might be put in danger. Of course, the whole angel existence would be put at risk due to war and conflict, but I guess they were more concerned about their scandal baby.”

“Can you please not call me a -”

“INTENSE STORY PLOT TWIST, NAEUN, PLEASE! So they sent you to be reborn in the human world. Like, always reborn. The thing is, they didn’t like the idea of you having different parents, so they would always have you abandoned by the age of four so you wouldn’t remember them.” Taemin’s tone died down at this part. “I know,” he said softly when Naeun’s mouth fell open in horror. He wrapped his arms around her. “Power corrupts. They really weren’t thinking; I’m sorry. But from the way they talk about all your lives, I’m sure they loved you. You want to hear the stories of your many lives?”

“How . . . how many times have I lived?”

“A lot. They said that sometimes they couldn’t catch you. Once in a while, one or the other would notice you in the Middle, and they would tell the other. You were back in the time when humans used grunts and hand gestures to speak. You were an American once. Then a daughter to a Chinese farming family. You were a soldier before, even, which explains some of your weapon skills. The thing is, the magic in the spell they put on you had you die at the age you were in angel years. You’ve been passing away at the age of twenty for a while.” Naeun grabbed Taemin’s shirt.

“Am I going to die at twenty in this life, too?” she wondered aloud worriedly. “W-will you be able to find me in the next life? Do we have to go through all the crap that my pa . . . pare . . . those two rulers did?” She couldn’t bring herself to call them parents yet.

Taemin’s lips curved up into a gentle smile.

“Didn’t you notice? You’re an angel again.”

Naeun’s fingers involuntarily reached up to brush her new feathers again. “I . . . I don’t understand. This is all too confusing and fast.”

“I know. But just know this,” Taemin promised, smiling as he leaned forward. “You’re going to live for a long~ time with me.” Naeun’s cheeks flushed as Taemin pressed a soft kiss to her lips. “And we can do this as many times as we want,” he added smilingly against .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Pyong!

No, this isn't the last chapter.

The next one is.

sad

I have a new fic coming up.

But I don't know when because

I have these projects to do

But I really hope you guys will read my next one ^^

It shall be a Jonghyun-focus one. Onew is my bias, but I'm waiting for a good plot to use him in.

Plus, my friends like Jjong's story idea better

.fine then ...

Anyways, a few of you guessed it right about Naeun being an angel daughter of the Rulers.

Congrats to y'all!

yehyehyeh party hard

See you in my next

And last

My Angel update

Annyeong

Thanks for staying with this story, guys

-pannashawol