CHAPTER 4: UNEXPECTEDLY

I FELL IN LOVE WITH MR. JUNG!

As Baekhyun woke up, her face was very sad knowing that her best friend Taehyung will leave her. When she opened her phone, there was a message from Taehyung…

            “Baekhyun~ah, since I left early, I didn’t have the chance to say goodbye to you personally! Well, even though I’m still on the airport, I already miss you, best buddy! Don’t worry about me, I’ll be alright! You should worry about yourself. Stop being so dummy especially now that I’m not around, but even though I’ll repeat it again and again, I know it’s still useless because you’re born as Dummy Byun Baek Hyun. Why am I giving a speech here, I’ll be back in two weeks. I’ll miss you my dummy best buddy! Please take care of yourself. Don’t skip a meal, it’s very important to eat 3 times a day! Don’t worry, when I come back, I’ll treat you! Alright! Bye Bye! Mwah Mwah! :* :* <3 <3

Baekhyun felt so sad about it. She replied him back…

            “Best buddy Taehyung! How dare you left so early! I’m still sleeping when you sent the message! Taehyung~ah, I know you’re very busy right now but please read my message. I have some correction on your message, I should be the one to say this to you, IT’S VERY IMPORTANT TO EAT 3 TIMES A DAY, SO DON’T SKIP YOUR MEAL even though how busy you are! Taehyung~ah! I miss you so badly, please solve that problem immediately and come back! Please take care of yourself, don’t stress too much on your works! How come, you’re still in high school but you’re doing that kind of works. Well, Taehyung~ah, health is very important, so please don’t skip your meal. I miss you much best buddy! Dummy Byun Baek Hyun will wait here in SEOUL! FIGHTING! :*

Baekhyun went back to sleep even though it’s time for her to take a bath and go to school and so her mother called her…

            “Daughter, wake up! Get ready for school, you might be late!”

            “Mom, I don’t want to go to school!”

            “What? No! Faster! Get up and prepare yourself, you’re going to school, understand!?”

            “I don’t want to!”

            “You should go! Get up! Faster!

            “No, I won’t!”

            “You don’t want to go to school?”

            “YES!”  She replied with a very precious smile.

Suddenly her mother tickled her…

            “Mom! Stop! I surrender! Okay! FINE! I’ll go now!”

            “That’s good! Faster!”

            “Aiisshh!”

In the classroom…

            “Good Morning Everybody! I heard that Kim Taehyung went to America! Have you heard about it?” Teacher Song asked.

            “No!” the class replied.

            “Well, he’ll be in America for 2 weeks!” Teacher Song said.

            “Ah! That’s why Baek Hyun’s mood is very different! Her twins leave her! It’s alright Baekhyun, he’ll be back!” Yoon Ah said to Baekhyun.

            “I know!” Baekhyun replied.

            “Class, I have an important announcement. We will have a camping this coming weekend, the camping is compulsory. I’ll list all the things you need to bring. It’s part of your requirement as graduating students. So, tell your parents about it as soon as possible.”

            “Yes, Teacher Song!”

            “Hey Byun Baek Hyun! So sad that Taehyung will not be around during this camp! He would’ve been our sponsor for foods. You know what, before, we had a camping and we’re wondering why Taehyung bought 2 big boxes, we asked him what’s inside it, but he just smiled on us, it’s not also he’s clothes since he also bought a luggage. When Mr. Park told us that we need to prepare our dinner, Taehyung suddenly appeared carrying a big box and said no need to prepare our dinner. He gave the big box to Mr. Park, and when Mr. Park opened the box, it was filled with foods. He bought 2 big boxes of foods.” Min Yoongi said to her.

            “Hahaha! That’s true; I remember that, every time we had an activity, we were always eating! Actually the food that he bought can sustain the whole class for 1 week.” Minseok interrupted.

            “Hahaha! Really? How I wish he’s present during our camping! Aigoo! Taehyung~ah!” Baekhyun replied.

 

 

 

The next day…

Baekhyun was sitting on the bench feeling lonely. Jung Daehyun saw her. He bought a bottle of juice and came back…

            “Did you miss him?” Daehyun asked.

            “Huh? Oh it’s you, Jung Dae Hyun! What’re you doing here?” Baekhyun replied.

            “This is the third place aside from library and classroom. (He gave the bottle of juice to her) You look so lonely; did you miss him so much?”

            “Yes of course! I really miss him! He’s my best buddy in good and bad times.”

            “Hmmm! Taehyung really have a great impact on you!” he said.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Nothing!” Daehyun replied and walk away…

Baekhyun’s wondering why Daehyun give her a bottle of juice.

            “What’s wrong with him? Did he put some poison on it!? Well!” Baekhyun’s talking to herself while looking at the juice that Daehyun gave. Since she got thirsty, he just drank it.

            “The juice taste good! Thank you!!” Baekhyun shouted.

Daehyun just wave his hands.

Friday Evening, Baekhyun was too busy preparing her things for their camping.

The next day…

            “Okay class! Are you ready for our camp?” Teacher Song asked.

            “Yes, Teacher Song!”

            “Is everybody present?”

            “Yes Teacher Song!”

            “Alright! Let’s go now!”

            “Yay!”

When the class arrived at their place, they had a dinner.  After their dinner Teacher Song told them to sleep early because they will have an early activity tomorrow.

Early in the morning, the bell ring to wake them up. When everybody’s awake they form two lines directly, and did some exercise. After the exercise, Teacher Song give them the activity.

            “The activity for today is called Treasure Hunting. This activity will be done by pair. Your partner during the project in Science Fair will just be the same. Since Taehyung is not around, Krystal, will help me record the time of each pair. I can’t let Krystal join the other pair since it will be unfair for the others. Here’s the map, so you need to look for the 8 boxes and get what’s inside on it. Understand? Okay, stand with your pair! Get ready! The time will start now!!

After an hour, Baekhyun got tired and rest for awhile but Daehyun won’t allow her.

            “Byun Baek Hyun! Get up! We should finish this hunting first!” Daehyun said to her.

            “I’m so tired! Can we just sit for awhile? Just 5 minutes! Please!”

            “No! We should finish this first! Stand up! Let’s continue!”

            “Jung Dae Hyun!”

Daehyun continued on finding the 2 boxes. He noticed that Baekhyun is not following him anymore and so he went back. He saw Baekhyun having a hard time on breathing!

            “Byun Baek Hyun are you okay?” Daehyun asked.

            “Jung Dae Hyun! Please get my spray on my bag!”

            “Where’s your bag?”

“It’s there, beside the tree.”

“Here!”

Daehyun was really worried seeing Baekhyun having a hard time on breathing…

“Are you okay, now?”  Daehyun asked her.

“Hmm! I’m okay now! Can we take a rest?  Just for 5 minutes, please.” She replied.

            “Alright! You give me a mini heart attack!”

             “I’m sorry, Jung Dae Hyun!” she replied.

            “If your asthma didn’t interfere, I’m sure we’re the first pair to come back.”

            “How did you know? Oh I forgot you’re genius! I’m sorry if I failed you again!”

            “Well, I hope you won’t fail me again! Baekhyun, I want to tell you something…”

Baekhyun fell asleep. Daehyun thought of waking her up but he just let her sleep on his lap.

It’s getting darker and so Daehyun woke her up.

            “Oh! I’m sorry! Let’s go its getting dark.”

            “Byun Baek Hyun! Can you please stop saying sorry?”

            “Huh? Okay if that’s what you want!”

As Baekhyun take one step, Daehyun grab her hand and hug her. Baekhyun was shocked…

            “Jung Dae Hyun!”

            “Let me hug you for awhile.”

            “Yah! Jung… Dae… Hyun…!”

Baekhyun can’t push him since Daehyun is hugging her tightly.

            “Jung… Dae… Hyun, I can’t… breathe!”

            “Oh! Sorry! Let’s go!”

They were the last pair to return…

            “Since Baekhyun and Daehyun were the last pair to return, they will receive the consequence. The two of you will prepare the dinner for tonight! Understand!?”

            “Yes Teacher Song!”

While they’re busy preparing the dinner, the class had a chat.

            “Did you notice something on Daehyun?” Yongguk asked.

            “What is it, Yongguk?” Jungkook replied.

            “We all know that Daehyun is a really cold person but now it seems like he’s not that cold anymore.”

            “That’s true! One time, I didn’t notice that there was a banana peeling, I stepped on it and slipped. I was shocked that Daehyun helped me to get up!” Chanyeol said to them.

            “Really?!”

            “See? Something’s really weird on him!” Yongguk replied.

Daehyun and Baekhyun were already done cooking, they started setting the table.

            “Jung Dae Hyun, can I ask you something?” Baekhyun said to him.

            “Hmm! What is it?”

            “Why did you hug me so tightly?”

            “Ahh! That! I was really worried. I just felt relieved, that’s why I hugged you suddenly.”

            “I’m sorry for making you worried and Thank you!”

Daehyun came closer to Baekhyun…

            “Byun Baek Hyun I told you to stop saying sorry, right?”

            “Hmm! I’m sor… (Daehyun suddenly kiss her on the lips…)

            “I said stop saying sorry, dummy!” Daehyun said to her.

            “Byun Baek Hyun, don’t just stand there, help me fix the table.” Daehyun added.

            “Huh? Ohh!”

After their dinner Teacher Song told them to sleep already but Baekhyun can’t sleep at all, she was still shocked that Daehyun kissed her.

Baekhyun went outside and sitted on the bench.

            “Not yet sleepy?” Daehyun asked her.

            “Jung Dae Hyun, why did you do it?”

            “That kiss? Is it your first kiss?”

            “Yah! Jung Dae Hyun!”

            “Do you want to do it again?”

            “Yah! Tell me, why did you do it?”

            “Byun Baek Hyun, I’ll only say it once, so please listen carefully.” 

            “Hmm!”

            “I like you! I really like you!” Daehyun said to Baekhyun.

            “Why? Why do you like Dummy Byun Baek Hyun?” Baekhyun said to him.

            “I don’t really know why I really like this dummy beside me!”

            “But Jung Dae… (Daehyun hug her and kiss her on the forehead)

            “Good Night!”  Daehyun said to her with a sweet smile.

 

Monday morning, Baekhyun received a call from Taehyung…

            “Yah! Taehyung~ah!”

            “Baekhyun~ah! I’m sorry that I didn’t reply on your message. Baekhyun~ah, I have a good news for you!”

            “What is it?”

            “I’m back!”

            “What do you mean? You’re here in Seoul already?”

            “U-huh! I just arrived yesterday! So sad, I wasn’t around during our camping.”

            “Yeah! Oh! Taehyung~ah, the camping is part of our requirement!”

            “Yeah! That’s why I’ll attend the next batch!”

            “That’s good! Are you in school already?”

            “Yes! I’m excited to see you! Come here, faster!”

            “Alright!”

After 15 minutes…

    Baekhyun didn’t see him. She decided to call him…

            “Taehyung~ah where are you!?”

            “At your back!”

   Baekhyun hug him immediately.

            “Taehyung~ah, I missed you!!”

            “Yah! Baekhyun~ah, I was just there sitting, you even look at me, and how come you didn’t notice me?”

            “Sorry! Wait! Is this really Kim Taehyung, my best buddy, who left early in the morning?”

            “Yes it’s me! Dummy Byun Baek Hyun!”

            “Yah! You look so handsome! J Ahh! I remember something! You said you’ll treat me when you come back, right?”

            “Of course! Since there’s no class tomorrow, let’s go out!!”

            “Yayyyy! Dummy Baek Hyun’s so happy to see you again, Taehyung~ah!”

            “Welcome back, Kim Taehyung!” Daehyun said to him.

            “Ohh! I’m finally back, Jung Daehyun! I miss the school!

            “What? You only miss the school? Not me? Taehyung~ah, I was so lonely when you’re not around!!” Baekhyun said to Taehyung.

            “Of course, you’re the first person I missed when I left! I really wanted to call you but I can’t because of my busy schedule! It’s good that the problem was solved immediately! 2 weeks is too long, right?”

            “Yes! Of course! Let’s go now!” Baekhyun said to Taehyung.

            “Byun Baek Hyun!”

            “Yes, Jung Dae Hyun?”

            “Did you tell him already about it?”

            “Huh? Yah! Jung Dae Hyun!”

            “Baekhyun~ah! You’re keeping a secret on me, huh?

            “Well, I don’t care about your feelings, Jung Thick Lips!”

            “Wait! What’s going on? Feelings? Tell me about it, Baekhyun~ah!”

            “I told her like her! I really like Dummy Byun Baek Hyun!”

            “Yah! Jung Dae Hyun! Taehyung~ah, it’s not what you’re thinking!!”

            “Ahhhhhhhh! Did something happen on the both of you?”

            “Kim Taehyung!”

            “Woah! It’s the first time you called me, KIM… TAE… HYUNG! Are you really that mad?”

            “Yah, Taehyung~ah!” Baekhyun shouted at him.

            “Yes! We kissed!” Daehyun said confidently.

            “Jung Dae Hyun! Please! Get out of my sight!” Baekhyun was really angry at him.

            “Let’s go! Mr. Kim!”

            “Alright! Mrs. Jung!?”

            “Taehyung~ah! It’s not funny at all! Let’s go! Faster!”

They left Jung Dae Hyun.

            “Mrs. Jung? Cute!” Daehyun was really blushing when Taehyung called Baek Hyun Mrs. Jung!