Chapter 23

Connections

Yoochun gave one more turn around their orange moon just for the fun of it. He needed to return to Lhara but for him it was mandatory to stop for a little while in his favourite spot, the top of a meteor crater with a view to Lhara and the huge space station orbiting around the green planet. After having visited other planets, he appreciated even more the jade colour of the deep sea and the endless forests that made Lhara so different from the other colonies. 

The star sky was full of little dots of lights. Seffren, Amanda, Tarpar, Carara, all the colonies had ships orbiting the space station or travelling to and from. Along with the usual lights of dozens of mining ships it made the sky brighter than ever before. He felt especially proud that some of those lights were finally a fair number of Lhara ships. 

Yoochun landed at the main complex just in time for his meeting. When he walked into the room almost everyone was already seated. They were all to report on their activities. This was a new addition, proposed by Yunho, that Jaejoong and Changmin had already implemented, with the Elders Council approval, while they were still away. It had soon become more than just discussing what to do if they were ever threatened but also an opportunity to discuss the trade, the mining and any subject of importance at the moment. Anyone was welcomed to attend and speak. Yoochun listened carefully waiting for his turn. 



Changmin paid enough attention to what was being said around him. However, most of his attention was on Yoochun. The man kept amazing him. He was so surprisingly different from the easy to tease guy from before their adulthood ceremony. This Yoochun was confident even when he allowed Changmin to take charge. It would be a huge surprise, for their parents and friends, when they finally decided to have a child, since they hadn’t yet told anyone that it wouldn’t be Yoochun to carry. 

Changmin looked at Yunho, Jaejoong and Lydia sitting nearby. The three had developed a very good relationship that seemed to have only improved now that Jaejoong was pregnant. He was still waiting for his parents and mothers-in-law to ask him about kids again. They had been too quiet about it lately. Probably thinking that Jaejoong’s second kid would be the final trigger. Changmin smiled. He couldn’t help being smug about the fact that Jun Woo seemed to like him best. 

-The fact that we now have our own ships, many of which easy to install with fighting capabilities, if need be, is not a declaration of war to the other colonies or an unnecessary expense. 

Yoochun’s voice sounded clear and with authority. Changmin could also easily detect the hint of annoyance but he suspected most people wouldn’t notice it. He felt about to burst with pride. His Linked One was the best at dealing with the few voices that were against their increased security effort, even better than diplomatic Yunho. 

Changmin wanted to purr like a spoiled kitten. He loved it when Yoochun easily bended other people to his will or convinced them of his arguments. It made him want to grab his Linked One and do wicked things. He shifted in his chair and tried not to blush. This was not the best place to be pointing up.



Yoochun felt a prickle of arousal going through his body. He slowly turned his eyes to look at Changmin and caught his gaze. His Linked One blushed beautifully which didn’t happen often.

“Soon, Max.”

“Soon what?”

Yoochun allowed his inner smile to transmit telepathically. He suspected his eyes were sparkling with promises. 
When the meeting ended, Yoochun simply walked away. Outside there were few dragons waiting. Blur and Sailor were playing some game with Mira and Chami. Actor was nowhere to be seen. That meant that Changmin was planning on coming with him on the ship.

-I’ll fly!

Yoochun looked behind him. Changmin was fast approaching with a determined look. He walked past him without a single glance. Yoochun smiled and followed. He didn’t mind the view.

Changmin flew too fast and recklessly as usual. He had barely landed and he was already getting up and walking up to the house. Yoochun had to take a moment to breathe and calm down. Changmin’s obvious impatience was affecting him. He walked slowly on purpose. There were few things more exciting than an impatient Changmin. 

Yoochun closed the entrance door and let his mind search but Changmin was hiding for the moment. Only the strong arousal made him shiver from time to time. That was always almost impossible to block. He let his own desire run free and hit his Linked One in full force. 

A breathy moan sounded behind Yoochun at the same time as powerful arms encircled him. His neck was attacked and his body caressed possessively. They were both almost painfully pointing up. Yoochun let Changmin do as he pleased. He quite liked surrendering to Changmin. For some time he had been wary of doing it, fearing that his childhood friend might return to his near bullying ways, but Changmin never abused it when Yoochun let go. No, he was just demanding, passionate and made Yoochun go weak in his knees. 

The brushing behind him was an amazing tease. Yoochun wanted to feel it inside him. Changmin was incredibly responsive to his every touch but he seemed to go brainless when he was being penetrated. Yoochun wanted to go brainless in that way too. Changmin had often tried reversing their roles, however The Connection didn’t allow it. The natural lubrication only happened to Changmin. Yoochun wondered if it was time to tell his Linked One about a small detail they had overlooked. 

-Changmin…

-Yes?

-I need to tell you something…

-Later. Too busy now. Want you. Need you. Give me a baby.

-What?

Yoochun turned around so fast he would have fallen if Changmin hadn’t been holding him so closely. Changmin sighed, his cheeks blushing a deep red. He took another deep breathe as Yoochun stared open mouthed at him. 

-I missed you like crazy while you were gone. What I feel for you is no longer about The Connection. There, I said it. Besides, Jun Woo is too cute. I can't let Jaejoong have all the fun.

Yoochun continued silently staring.

-, your turn to say something. And you better make it good or by Lhara I’m going to hit you over the head or kick your . 

Changmin crossed his arms and waited. His eyes seemed to go from embarrassed to hurt to annoyed and to angry. Yoochun shook his head. His heart was beating loud in his ears. 

- me! – Blurted Yoochun.

Changmin lifted an eyebrow obviousy waiting for Yoochun to explain. Yoochun hid his face in shame and then gathered his courage to face the man he loved. His mind was hit with sudden clarity. He loved Changmin. And Changmin obviously loved him. He had practically just said so. Yoochun grabbed Changmin and gave him a hard kiss. The tall man tried to resist at first but ended up melting against Yoochun. Still, as the kiss ended, Changmin’s eyes continued to look wary and guarded. Yoochun smiled in a goody way.

-I love you, Shim Changmin. I love you, you snarky annoying impatient man. I love you and I can’t wait to find out how our kid will look like.

-Daughter.

-Daugther?

-Yes, a daughter, you sap. 

Changmin was now crossing his arms and looking at Yoochun in a very smug way. That made Yoochun laugh. 

-Anything you want. 

The following kiss left them both breathless and unconsciously walking towards the bed. Clothes magically disappeared and they were simply lost in how wonderful it was to be skin to skin. 

Yoochun was in no hurry but he realised Changmin was planning to ride him. His initial intention came back to him then. He softly yet determinedly pushed Changmin a little off him. His Linked One looked adorably confused. Yoochun opened his drawer and removed an innocent looking bottle. He felt his cheeks blush furiously. He had to close his eyes. He still felt Changmin’s curiosity and confusion through their link. 

Yoochun coated his fingers in lube and brought his hand down. He heard Changmin’s intake of breathe as realisation suddenly dawned on the taller man. Yoochun kept his eyes closed. He was feeling incredibly self-conscious and shy to dare looking at Changmin. He let one finger near his opening and spread the lube around. 

Questions from Changmin popped in Yoochun’s mind. It was more feelings of wonder than actual questions but it was still easy to ear the “Where? How? What?” implied. Yoochun couldn’t open his mouth to speak so he used their link. 

“The Connection and the changes to our biology allow self-lubrication. But do you remember those videos? They used lube. We just never considered trying to use lube before. We don’t even have anything exactly like it in Lhara. But they do in the other colonies because they have to.”

“But… Yoochun… you…”

“ me. I want you to. Just please, go slow. It might hurt me. I don’t know how much lube and preparation is needed.”

Changmin had to close his eyes and try to remember how to breathe. He couldn’t believe what was happening. The Connection would never allow Yoochun to become a mather but what Yoochun was offering him was mind-shattering. Changmin slowly opened his eyes again to find that Yoochun had finally opened his own. Their desire shown in both their eyes. Changmin lowered his eyes, going over every inch of Yoochun’s skin, observing the tense muscles as that one finger continued moving. When Changmin looked at that finger half disappearing inside Yoochun he almost lost it. He had to grab himself hard and close his eyes again.

-You’re killing me, Yoochun.

-Good. Damn, this feels strange. 

-Yes, but it feels so good. You have no idea how good it is when you’re inside me. And I’ve dreamed so much of being inside you. Can’t believe this. Please, let me. Oh, Lhara, Yoochun! Let me! I want to touch you! I need to!

-Yes! Yes!

Changmin coated his own fingers and reverently touched Yoochun. Time slowed down. Nothing existed beyond the two of them. 

When, a long while later, Changmin sunk inside Yoochun, he drowned. He felt like he died and came back to life. 
Yoochun grabbed Changmin as if his sanity depended on it. Now he understood all those remarks about fried brains. All about him was reduced to how Changmin made him feel, the way he moved inside him and all the pleasure spots that kept exploding. 

It was Yoochun the first one to wake up. They had fallen into an exhausted but sated nap. He flexed his body expecting to feel sore muscles but there were none. He caressed Changmin’s abs and slowly moved to cup the . It responded to his touch. Changmin moaned a little, apparently undecided between arousal and sleep. Yoochun smiled wickedly. He knew Changmin couldn’t resist him. He got his mouth near Changmin’s ear, causing shivers and goosebumps. Then, as he gave a few hard , he whispered his magic word.

-Mine.

Changmin jumped up like he had an electric shock. He turned Yoochun over and straddled him. He stared down with a hungry teasing look. 

-You’re mine too. 

Changmin touched Yoochun. He bit his lower lip. He had just realised he was now spoiled for choice. What to do? He wanted to get started on his baby plans. He also wanted to explore a lot more of what this amazing thing called lube allowed them to do. A vague thought reminded him that Yoochun knew this since his return but had kept quiet about it.

-Why only now?

-I… 

-You were worried how I’d behave towards you, weren’t you?

-Yes.

-Silly, silly man. I love you.

Yoochun smile was enough to light a sun. Changmin felt his heart go crazy warm. Who knew that saying “I love you” was almost as heart-stopping as hearing it. He smiled back. His body lightly brushed against Yoochun, reminding him of their very state. They were both proudly pointing up. But did he want to or be ed?

“Both. Let’s do both.”

“Chunnie, if I you again like I did last night, you won’t have any energy left to take care of me.”

“You always forget I can keep up with you.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes.”

“And if not?”

“If not you’ll have to punish me. And if yes, I assure you that I’ll punish you dearly for doubting me.”

“Oh, really?”

Changmin laughed. He was definitely going to become spoiled for choices. 



Junsu and Sarah raced their horses across the prairie. They were both laughing loudly. Above them, Mira provided them with its big shade. 

They reached their house breathless and giggling happily. With a wave to Mira they went inside to have dinner. 

-You’ve become a natural rider, my Seffren flower.

-Oh, stop teasing me, Junsu. Besides, this is the result of Lydia’s riding lessons and not of you groping me whenever you took me riding. 

-Me? 

Sarah laughed at Junsu’s fake innocent face. She collapsed on the sofa. Junsu sat next to her and pulled her onto his lap. He nuzzled her hair to enjoy her fragrance which made her giggle.

The sound of Junsu’s bracelet intruded. 

-What is it Yoochun?

-What is good for sickness?

-Huh?

Junsu was puzzled. Yoochun was whispering really low.

-Changmin is throwing up. If he finds out I’m calling you, he’ll have my balls. But please, what helps?

-Did he eat something that…

Junsu stopped as Sarah put a hand over his arm with a big smile.

-Tea, crackers. But he has too keep eating even if his stomach is revolting against just the idea. And see if you can convince him to stop by for an exam. Now, don’t panic, ok? It’s perfectly normal. 

Junsu’s mouth fell open. He continued open-mouthed as Sarah said goodbye to an obviously stressed Yoochun. Sarah put a finger under Junsu’s chin and closed his mouth with a laugh. 

-Bit of a surprise that it’s Changmin getting pregnant?

-Have you met Changmin?

-Yes. Poor Yoochun, he’s gonna have a bit of a hard time. 

Sarah snuggled more into Junsu. After a while she looked up.

-Jaejoong is expecting his second son. Now Changmin is pregnant too. Is everyone going to start asking us when we’re going to have a baby?

-Don’t worry, Sarah. Even if they do, it will never be as bad as what Changmin’s and Yoochun’s parents did. And we already decided to wait. Just remember to coo over all the cute babies and then return them back to the parents really fast. 

Sarah laughed. 

-Don’t be mean.

-You know… Just cause we don’t want kids yet, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t practice.

Sarah just stared at Junsu’s wicked leer. They she noticed his gaze going over her, definitely undressing her with his eyes. She jumped away from his lap.

-Now, Junsu. Calm down. 

-Oh, I’m calm. 

-Stay there.

-I’m barely moving.

Sarah kept taking steps back and Junsu kept taking steps forward. She yelled and took off running up the stairs, laughing all the way up to their bedroom. Junsu nearly flew after her. 



Jaejoong stretched in his bed, happily attentive to every move from his baby. Next to him, in his cot, Jun Woo slept peacefully. He couldn’t stop smiling. He was loving every second of his pregnancy.

Lydia had chosen a faster one but he wanted none of that. Jaejoong wanted to enjoy his nine blue cycles. He still had four more ahead of him. He even considered letting it go to stand-by but the baby would hibernate if he did that. Jaejoong could never avoid a pang of sadness when he thought that as soon as Jun Hyun was born he’d lose the telepathic link with the baby. He’d also lose his inside look to Lydia’s and Yunho’s feelings. It’s not like they didn’t make things work without The Connection but he longed for it anyway.

The last blue cycles had been amazing. His relationship with both his Linked Ones had improved immensely. And the way Lydia and Yunho had become friends made him smile. They were fantastic at joining forces against him in order to have him rest or eat properly. Right now, for example, they were both downstairs probably plotting. 

Outside, Blur, Sailor and Chami could be heard flying high above the house. Jaejoong knew they liked to do a few circles before flying away to their mountain caves. He fell asleep listening to the dragons roars.



High above everything, there was a tiny black dot. High enough that even to the dragon’s superior sight, it went unnoticed. Among all the stars in the night sky and the countless ships, there was a new addition to Lhara. A very small black drone transmitting to the unknown.