Chapter 13

Connections

Changmin woke up feeling as happy as a kitten. He stretched his long body and nearly purred. He had never felt so good before or so aware of every single fibre of his body. Then he suddenly noticed a warmth pressed next to him. Soft skin. He turned and saw a sleeping Yoochun who had one hand wrapped around his waist and his head on his chest. Yoochun looked calm and happy.

Memories flooded Changmin’s brain and he screamed inside his head trying to make sense of everything. He was so completely sure that Yoochun would be the mather that he had never questioned the possibility of anything else happening. And yet, when they were ing against each other, it had been his body to lubricate, his body to open and allow Yoochun inside. He was vaguely aware of at one point touching Yoochun and finding that he was completely dry. 

He fought an inner battle. He knew he had loved being penetrated, how completely and effortlessly Yoochun had taken control of him, how he had surrendered and beg for more. He could still feel himself shake from the nearly impossible pleasure that had exploded inside him and travelled throughout his entire body. 

Changmin was aware of all that. But damn if he was going to be the mather. He refused to be. He was going to find a way to turn the tables. There were male pairs where both men got pregnant, that had happened before. So all he had to do was probably find out how to get Yoochun lubricated. That was it. Then he would be the one penetrating. He smiled pleased with his plan. 



Yoochun opened one eye and then closed it immediately. Changmin had surrendered last night when his body reactions had taken over his mind’s resistance but Yoochun was sure that under the light of a new day he was going to have to deal with a very pissed off Changmin. 

With a start he realised Changmin was no longer in bed and the smell of food reached him. Barefoot and only with a robe, Yoochun tiptoed until he found a similarly dressed Changmin preparing breakfast and happily humming a song. Yoochun blinked and actually pinched himself. 

-Ouch!

Changmin turned and smiled at Yoochun, gesturing for him to sit.

“You should wear something on your feet if you’re going to trip.”

“No one plans to trip.”

“Clumsy guys like you should.”

“Ah! Ah Very funny.”

“Yes, I’m fantastic. Yes, I know.”

With a suspicious stare Yoochun sat and started to eat. He made sure to have his belly full before he spoke another word, even telepathically. Changmin collected the dishes and washed. When he turned, Yoochun was still eyeing him wearily.

“What is it? Think I’m going to bite you? I might…”

“Last night… we… I didn’t… I mean…”

“Yes. That. Get up. Time for a new try.”

“What?”

Yoochun stared as Changmin walked up to him until he was millimetres away.

“Do you seriously think I’m going to let that happen again? We’re going to go back to that bed and we will not leave it until it’s my deep inside of you making you moan and scream.”

Yoochun’s eyes bulged at Changmin’s words and his body reacted immediately. Hell, if the man was going to look at him like that the entire time, he’d agree to anything. 



Changmin punched the headboard hard. He was furious and frustrated. Which was saying a lot considering he just had another mind blowing that left his brain fried. 

-Damn it! How is this possible? Why is this happening to me? 

Yoochun looked at Changmin and waited but none of the anger was directed at him. That surprised him a little. 

“Oh, Yoochun… Seriously? Why would I be annoyed at you? It’s not like you have any more control over this than I do. I’m not stupid. It’s this stupid Connection thing. I hate having my life controlled by some potion or what on Lhara that was.”

“Max…”

“Look, it’s not some inferiority complex or anything like that. I know I teased you guys mercilessly, especially you, but I hope you know me better than that. Come on. My mather would have my skin off if he believed for one second that I think any less of a man just because he’s having kids. But…”

“Relax. You’re too stressed out. Anyway, we are not going to have kids any time soon. Ok? Now… “

Changmin huffed and got up from the bed, crossed his arms and glared at Yoochun. 

“What now, Yoochun?”

Yoochun got up as well, straightened his back and looked directly into Changmin’s eyes. Effortlessly, as if he had always done it, he let his willpower take over and reach his Linked One like a tight embrace. Sure of his control, Yoochun deliberately approached Changmin and pulled him into a demanding kiss. Surprised, Changmin melted into his arms.

“Now we explore all the things we can possibly do together. Somewhere along the way maybe we’ll switch like you hope. And even if that doesn’t happen I’m going to make sure that when we’re together like this you won’t have any reason for regrets.”

Changmin felt himself go weak in the knees. This side of Yoochun had a way of frying his brain cells. And he found the way the man was kissing him and touching him too pleasing to resist. Yes, maybe he’d try to switch sides another purple cycle. Today he was just going to enjoy after .



Sarah opened her door to find Junsu on the other side. With a shriek she closed it immediately. He knocked on the door. She tried ignoring it. Finally, after several minutes, she opened the door to yell at the man only to find herself in his arms.

Junsu held her tight, barely allowing her to breathe. Sarah was just about to scream when she suddenly became aware that his body was reacting to being so close to hers. It was rather unmistakable, really. Her eyes bulged and she could not find her voice.

-I do not have a Linked One. I mean… not one from Lhara. I found out I could choose my Linked One. 

Sarah blinked at Junsu, trying to hear what he was saying while her body was too well aware of his body pressing against her. It didn’t made sense. How could he not have a Linked One? Did he had to wait for the next adulthood ceremony? 

-Now let me say it again: I tease you because I like to. It’s fun seeing your reactions. 

Her heart stopped but it was her brain that refused to work. What did he mean?

Junsu stared at her, waiting to see if comprehension dawned on her eyes. When the confusion still lingered he found himself not being able to resist temptation any longer. Slowly, in the only way he could still ask for permission, he lowered his head. His goal was very obvious. 

Sarah gasped. Junsu was going to kiss her. 

He lifted his eyes to hers at the final moment. There was no hint of refusal, just surprise, confusion, disbelief.

-Believe me, Sarah.

The next moment, he was kissing her.



When Junsu finally had to stop to calm his breathing and his raging hormones, he had a prettily blushing Sarah on his arms. She blinked at him.

-Oh, Lhara… if you look at me like that…

-No Linked One?

-No. 

-What does that mean? How is that possible?

-You’d have to ask my dragon. I don’t fully understand it myself but right at this moment I really couldn’t care less. 

Sarah found herself being kissed again while her hands went up to pull Junsu’s hair. She was still trying to understand what was happening but her brain shut down to enjoy the kisses and the warm body pressed so closely against hers.

...

It had been Mira the one who broke Junsu apart from Sarah. When she was able to get her breathing and heartbeat back to an almost normal pace, she felt grateful to the big dragon. She needed to understand what was going on. Really seriously needed to understand before she went and dived head first into something she did not yet comprehend. 

The dragon apparently had reminded Junsu that the both of them were expected back at the hospital, judging from the disgruntled mumbling the man was doing. She almost smiled at that. Everything about Junsu told her he was having a little trouble getting his arousal under control. Even to someone has inexperienced as she was, there was no mistaking his reactions. That made her feel good, she had to admit. Sarah had thought it would be impossible that Junsu would ever want her. Last night when it seemed it was possible he had made it sound like he was just playing around. But now… there was this possibility that he was serious. Her heart jumped. 

Junsu kept her in his arms while he rested his head on her shoulder, his breathing slowly returning to normal. Sarah remained quiet, enjoying his warmth too much to move away. Her eyes caught the dragon smiling at them. That made her shake her head. The dragon’s features did not really allow for smiles. Yet, that was exactly the vibe she got from the huge animal.

-Guess we need to go to work.

-Y-yes.

Junsu let her go and backed away holding out a hand for Sarah.

-Come, I’ll give you a ride.

-What? You’re actually asking instead of just grabbing me?

Junsu actually blushed at that to Sarah’s surprise. With his other hand scratching the back of his head, Junsu shrugged at her.

-Hey, I never did hide I love teasing you. But yes, this time I’m asking. I know I shouldn’t tease you so much all the time. I’ll try, ok? Please be patient with me. This is all new for me. 

Her heart jumped again. She hesitantly held out her hand and took Junsu’s outstretched one. Her doubts seemed to evaporate the second their skin contacted. She smiled and he smiled back. 



Purple sun cycle after purple sun cycle, the days went by. In fact it was almost a complete blue sun cycle since the adulthood ceremony. Almost all of the new adults had already taken on their new roles and moved in with their Linked Ones. A few remained away, still bonding with their Linked Ones and their dragons.



Jaejoong and Lydia had moved together to a small house close to the long grassy prairies, just at the edge of a wood. The fields around it were dotted with horses. Lydia had become the head horse veterinarian and trainer and could easily win Jaejoong when they raced the horses. Their domestic life had settled easily into a comfortable routine. 
They had to talk all the time, even for small things that would have easily been solved if they still had their telepathic connection. However, Lydia liked to believe that it somehow made their relationship stronger. 

Only one subject was avoided, after the one time Lydia had tried reasoning with Jaejoong. She had tried, even going so far as waiting to breach the subject, hoping that the restoration of the dragon link had left Jaejoong more reasonable.  He still refused to believe that Yunho would return alone. As far as he was concerned, Yunho would return accompanied by his true Linked One and everything would be almost perfect. He remained fixed on his idea and refused to talk about it. 

Lydia sat on the porch and looked up with a smile. Jaejoong was riding Sailor and her dragon Chami was playing around them. It had been amazing to discover that the dragon water had somehow restored Jaejoong’s ability to understand his dragon. Even more amazing to realise he could somehow get glimpses of other dragons. That was unheard of. Only a rider could communicate with his own dragon. Not that Jaejoong could actually talk with Sailor like she talked with Chami. Jaejoong described it as being aware of the dragon’s thoughts and emotions. Sort of like how he used to be aware of his friend’s while growing up, always feeling when they were nearby and reading their state of mind. It was a lot trickier than actually talking telepathically with the dragon but somehow Jaejoong made it work effortlessly. 

She wondered if he would ever recover the telepathic link with her. She missed it. It was fantastic to read Jaejoong’s eyes, especially when they were together late at night exploring each other, but she still missed the warm feeling of having his mind connected to hers. She sighed, remembering Junsu and Sarah’s most recent tests. The two doctors kept making progress to understand how the Connection worked but so far, there was no cure in sight.

Junsu had wanted to test the dragon water but the dragons refused to give more. In fact, Junsu said his dragon explained that the water was only one of the ingredients in the adulthood ceremony’s potion and that it’s only effect was to link a rider with his dragon. They were now investigating the complicated mixture. The dragon water was only provided to the colony near the adulthood ceremony but the other ingredients were available in the lab. Unfortunately, it was a recipe improved over and over again, sometimes with no real knowledge of what an element did, other than its combined effects. 



Yoochun woke up with a start. Something had made the bed shake. In fact, something had made the entire ship shake. With a sigh, he pulled his hair. 

-I’m going to kill that . He’s at it again!

They had been dividing their time between Changmin’s dragon and Yoochun’s spaceships. However it was time for their return. They missed their families and friends and it was time for them to take over their new positions in society. None of them had been eager to do it until absolutely necessary. They knew that everyone would be surprised that they had become a Linked Pair and they weren’t looking forward to see the reactions and endure the sure teasing they would get. 

Yoochun grumbled as he wrapped himself in his robe and strolled to the control room. Changmin was in the pilot chair about to do another crazy manoeuvre and looking very proud of his skills. Yoochun tried to keep his anger in check. He remembered their instructor commenting how Changmin was an excellent pilot but ruined it by being too arrogant of his abilities, not fully measuring the safety of the ship due to that. He held on to the wall as the ship swerved to avoid a small asteroid at the last possible minute. Yoochun could only be happy that at least when they were on the dragon, it was Actor the one flying and not really Changmin. 

A happy shout brought his attention back to Changmin.

-Yes!

-Yes what? Yes to nearly killing us both by crashing into that asteroid? Seriously, Max!

Changmin his chair with a pleased smile after turning the automatic pilot on.

-Oh, you’re just sour cause I fly better than you.

-Yes, sure. Off course it’s that. In your dreams.

Yoochun continued glaring at the taller man, purposefully ignoring how Changmin walked up to him with a softening smile. When he felt lips on his mouth, Yoochun gave up and simply hugged Changmin, allowing his entire body to melt into the taller man’s arms. 



Sarah was tired and grumpy. Her investigation was moving at a maddening slow pace. She had a lot of information available but sometimes it felt like she had too much. There was the potion ingredients that didn’t seem to make sense when one measured them against the genetics involved. There was the records of centuries of genetic manipulation, often incomplete and inconclusive. There was the Seffren medical records on Heechul and his descendants until any trace of Lhara was so diluted it didn’t matter anymore. There were the Lhara Chosen One’s who ended up in relationships with people from other colonies and their children who should be like Heechul’s first descendants but strangely were not. There was Jaejoong’s many tests and the strange effects of the dragon water but still no improvement on his lost telepathic skills. It was driving her crazy.

And then there was Junsu. Junsu the amazing capable doctor who helped her diligently and who gave her a sense of awe when he was at work with the patients. Junsu the funny guy who liked to tell jokes and was great to hang out with. Junsu the attentive guy who gave her rides on his dragon every day. Junsu the annoying teaser who ruined her patience when he insisted on getting things his way just to see her lose her temper. Junsu the seducer who made her forget her own name when he kissed her. Junsu was not driving her crazy, he had already achieved that ages ago.

Their relationship hadn’t progressed much. There was too much work to do to allow them time to talk. They fought too much when there was time. Junsu was still completely in teenager mode and she felt at a loss how to deal with him. The kissing part didn’t help. It just made her more confused. The physical attraction and chemistry, even the work comradery, was not sufficient to improve their relationship. She felt scared. Junsu had not talked much about how he considered her his Linked One but she wondered and feared about it. It did not seem possible. It did not seem like something that would or could work the more she thought about it. 



Yunho allowed Blur to fly as he wished, simply enjoying the familiar landscape. His heart was feeling small but he was determined. It was time to take over his job as a diplomat, especially because he knew there was a mission fast approaching. Besides, he missed his family and friends a lot. He just hoped that somehow Jaejoong had got better during his absence. And if not, that he had the strength to deal with it. 



Yoochun was holding tight to Changmin. The dragon wasn’t making crazy moves but he was still flying very fast, faster than he felt comfortable with.

“Come on, Chunnie. You fly your ships faster than this.”

“I do. But then I’m inside a ship. Right now I only have a dragon underneath me. Everything else is just space. No protection whatsoever. 

“Protection?”

Changmin stared at their legs and arms. Just a few hours before, they had been sitting almost like this on the ship. But now there was nothing between them and the pink sky. No ship hull. He shook his head and smiled. 

“You have me.”

A pleasant warmth spread on his chest at Yoochun’s reaction to his words. 



Two different reunions occurred almost simultaneously. 

Changmin and Yoochun started with Changmin’s parents and then they all went to see Yoochun’s. To the two young men’s annoyance, both set of parents seemed delighted that they were Linked and not that much surprised. Under mutual agreement, they allowed the adults to draw their own conclusions. Yoochun supressed the urge to rolls his eyes when it became apparent everyone assumed he was going to be the future mather. With an inner smirk, which would not have looked out of place on Changmin, he played along. He had become much more confident and felt more at ease than Changmin to initiate caresses in front of their audience. With their height difference and his thinner body build it just looked as if they fit the stereotype perfectly. Changmin lifted an eyebrow in questioning but since he loved having Yoochun so close, he simply hugged him closer. He’d worry about the future some other time.

Yunho had Blur leave him at his parents and then sent the dragon to visit his own mate. He was not yet ready to go see Jaejoong and this way his childhood friend would have a warning that he was back. With a sigh, Yunho tried to compose a smile and entered the house. His smile only became genuine for his sister. Fortunately his parents seemed aware enough not to question him too much and just focused on showering him with attention. Jihye bit her tongue and managed not to mention Jaejoong as well. She had missed her brother too much and the way he looked was making her worried. 



Junsu got a message that someone was waiting for him. Thinking it was Francesco to see him and Sarah, he asked her along. To his delight, he found himself looking at Changmin and Yoochun.

-You’re back!

The three friends hugged each other happily. Sarah smiled at them and went to get drinks to allow them some time alone to catch up. 

Changmin sat down on a sofa and pulled Yoochun to sit nearly on his lap. Yoochun went willingly and snuggled closer, looking completely comfortable with Changmin’s arm around his waist. Junsu raised an eyebrow at them and waited. He already knew they were Linked but he was not about to give them the pleasure of asking anything. 
It was Yoochun who gave in to his own curiosity and asked Junsu about his Linked One and his dragon.

-Did you guys saw the chameleon dragon flying around outside? That’s Mira. He likes to stay close even when I stay the entire day stuck at the hospital.

-What’s it like to finally be a doctor? – Asked Changmin.

-Better than I hoped. 

-Yes, but where’s your Linked One? – Insisted Yoochun.

Junsu chuckled. His two friends in front of him were sitting so close that there was barely any space left for oxygen between them. He had long forgotten that The Connection had intended him to be a third link. It was actually even weirder than he had imagined to see how wrapped around each other Changmin and Yoochun were. He shook his head. He really couldn’t imagine himself trying to be belong with those two. 

-Well?

-Sarah.

-What?

Both Changmin and Yoochun had unbelieving expressions. 

-No way! She’s a Chosen One from Seffren. She can’t be who The Connection chose for you. It doesn’t work that way.

-She is. 

On her way back, Sarah stopped just outside the room when she heard her name. 

-How is that possible?

Junsu sighed and sat down. 

-There was someone else intended for me. But Mira told me I could choose. That I was one of the few in a position to choose. 

-How? – Changmin asked with a growl. 

Junsu didn’t notice Changmin’s tone but Yoochun paused and waited. 

-Well, if there’s only two persons, I doubt there’s any chance of choosing. However there seems to be a main pair in cases where there’s more than two people. Apparently, there’s a time frame when that circumstance allows the person or persons outside the main pair to choose someone else. And well… Sarah was there. I felt a much stronger pull towards her. 

Changmin’s eyes were scowling but he laid back on the sofa. After a few seconds he noticed there was something missing. To his surprise, Yoochun was sitting in a stiff manner and keeping whatever distance his arm still holding him allowed. Yoochun had closed off his mind. Changmin sighed at his silly Linked One. He could just guess what Yoochun was thinking.

“Chunnie…”

Changmin waited but Yoochun kept his eyes on Junsu, asking more things about Sarah. 

“Chunnie… you are not seriously going to try and ignore me?”

He waited a little more not paying attention to the conversation between Yoochun and Junsu.

“Park Yoochun, either you return to my arms now or I’m going to make you! I may resent Junsu the chance to choose but if you think for one moment that I would ever let you go after knowing about you… “

Surprise and hope flashed suddenly in Changmin’s mind coming in a tidal wave from Yoochun. He was surprised himself. Surprised to see Yoochun showing some insecurity, of which he hadn’t shown any trace of during their time alone. And more surprised even at how sure he was that he could no longer imagine anyone else as his Linked One. 

“Damn you, Yoochun! You’re mine. And your attention too.”

With his temper flaring, Changmin pulled Yoochun into a demanding kiss. Taken by surprise the smaller man tried to resist. For about two seconds. Then he melted away. A soft sound even left Yoochun’s lips. 

Junsu’s eyes bulged. He had no idea what had just happened. He tried to look away but his curiosity won. Changmin being a demanding brat was nothing new but seeing Yoochun so malleable in the other’s arms was surprising. Yoochun always held his ground against Changmin or died trying. 

Changmin caught some weird emotion in the room. Opening one eye in Junsu’s direction he was reminded that he and his friends still shared some low form of awareness to each other’s. However, what had caught his attention was Junsu’s apparent curiosity towards Yoochun. An ugly feeling of possessiveness took over Changmin. Before he could stop to think he had grabbed the nearest object and hurled it across the room to Junsu’s forehead.

-Mine! 

-Ouch! 

-Junsu!

Yoochun stared at the people around him, trying to make sense of things. Changmin had been furious at Junsu. It was almost like when the younger man refused to share his toys with them but that possessiveness was all directed towards him now. Yoochun shook his head. So much for him thinking that Changmin might still want someone else. That didn’t mean he wasn’t angry at his Linked One for actually hurting their friend. Not that Junsu seemed too upset. The second whatever Changmin threw across the room hit Junsu, Sarah had run towards the doctor. Yoochun suspected she had been eavesdropping on their conversation. All his reserves about the Seffren girl possibly being Junsu’s Linked One went away with the way she was looking now. Some things were impossible to mistake and Sarah’s concern for Junsu was palpable. Yoochun chuckled at the two doctors. Sarah, who was a doctor for longer than Junsu, was almost panicking at a few drops of blood on his forehead while Junsu was looking simply besotted with the attention. 

Changmin managed to calm himself. He was actually glad that the day was almost over and he and Yoochun would be alone again soon. That was until he picked up on how annoyed Yoochun was with him. The two ended up having a telepathic argument much to his chagrin. 



Junsu was having trouble not smiling at Sarah. She seemed so worried for him that he just couldn’t help feeling happy about it. On impulse he touched her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She blinked cutely at him and blushed. 

-I’m happy to have you.

Sarah felt her heart jump and forgot how to breathe. Junus had a way of doing that to her. Normally it would be when they were kissing but this time it had been with simple words, an innocent kiss and just the way he was smiling at her. In that moment he was successfully making her feel like she was his entire world. The feeling was wonderful and frightening. 

Changmin’s huffs reached them. They both looked to see the taller man apparently at a loss to calm down Yoochun. 

-Why did he hit you?

-Changmin is very possessive. A damn brat. Always was. I guess he didn’t like me still being in the room when they started kissing. But I am quite pleased to see that Yoochun hasn’t lost his own bite. Strange as it may sound, calm peaceful Yoochun was always the one who could better control Changmin. The brat never could stand to have Yoochun truly angry with him. Yunho and I even caught him sneakily apologising to Yoochun on a few occasions. And that is like fire turning into ice.

-Should we leave them alone?

Just as Sarah asked that, Jaejoong and Lydia made their appearance. Jaejoong froze on the entrance as he looked at Changmin and Yoochun. The two appeared to be arguing, which was nothing new. However, no sound was heard and they were close, very close. Jaejoong blinked at them and his eyes flew to Junsu as if to tell him otherwise.

-Hi, Jaejoong. Yes, those two are Linked Ones. Serves Changmin, if you ask me. Seems like Yoochun is gonna keep Changmin in line. 

Jaejoong almost collapsed to the floor in surprise. It was Lydia’s hands on his arm that kept him standing. 

-Jae…?

-But… they…

Lydia understood immediately what Jaejoong’s surprise was about. He had been so adamant that he and Yunho couldn’t possibly be Linked Ones and yet, here was a case of two close childhood friends becoming a Linked Pair. And apparently accepting it, judging by how Yoochun seemed to be almost sitting on Changmin’s lap, despite the obvious exchange of angry telepathic words. 

Meanwhile, Changmin decided he had had enough. With another huff, he turned to Junsu.

-Junsu, I’m sorry I threw that at you.

-Ok. Apology accepted. 

Junsu managed to keep a plain face answering to Changmin. The second the man turned his face, he whispered in Sarah’s ear in a very melodramatic voice that not only fire had turned to ice but that the world as they knew it was about to end. She giggled.

Changmin and Yoochun both paused looking at Jaejong. Their friend didn’t appear to be feeling ok. 

-Jaejoong?

-Huh? Hi, guys. Glad to see you’re back. Are you two…?

-Yes, we are. Lucky me ended up having to put up with Yoochun here. 

Yoochun pinched Changmin who pretended to feel nothing. He got up to hug Jaejoong and greet Lydia, Changmin soon following. 

They ended up talking together a while longer but Jaejoong could not focus. Changmin and Yoochun kept touching each other and looked perfectly at ease doing it. He could not understand how it could be so simple.

When Junsu told them about Jaejoong’s loss of telepathy no one mentioned Yunho which just made Jaejoong even more self-aware. And suddenly he was hit with how much he missed Yunho. He had not allowed himself to think about the man. But sitting with Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin… It just made Yunho’s absence flagrant. In fact, it felt like there was a void. 



Excusing himself, Jaejoong left as soon as possible leaving behind very concerned looking friends. Lydia silently followed him. 

When they were outside, his eyes searched for Chami, Lydia’s grey dragon. They had both come to the hospital on Chami because Sailor had not responded to him earlier. 

-Jaejoong… 

-What?

-Yunho will be back soon. 

-And…?

-Promise me that, if he doesn’t show up with a Linked One on his arm, you’ll give him a chance to prove he’s your Linked One just as I am. 

Jaejoong froze at Lydia’s words.

-You just saw Changmin and Yoochun. They look happy together. It doesn’t have to be something difficult. Their Connection is working but… Jae… Our Connection stopped working and we are alright. Please…

She touched Jaejoong’s arm softly. He struggled with himself. It still didn’t make any sense to him. A cry in the distance reached him.

-Sailor returned. 

As they both looked at the horizon the huge purple dragon became visible. Then, right behind him a different set of wings became visible. Blue ones. Lydia gasped.

-Is that Yunho’s dragon?

Jaejoong remained perfectly still, looking up at the approaching dragons. Sailor had been becoming sadder the more time passed and his mate was away. Now the dragon’s joy was obvious and vibrant. The two animals landed in front of them. Jaejoong sighed in relief when he noticed that Blur was alone. No rider. 

Lydia stared hard at Jaejoong. 

-Remember that job I told you about? In the Url mountains? I will go with Chami home to collect my things and leave now. I’ll contact you on our bracelets, ok?

Jaejoong turned his eyes to stare at Lydia. 

-Why leave so soon?

-Why not? Jae… 

-Oh, Lhara… Yes, I promise. I promise to consider it, ok?

-Ok. I love you. Take care.

-I love you too.

After exchanging a soft kiss, Lydia went over to Chami and left. Jaejoong remained on the hospital steps staring at the two mated dragons. The animals were calmly waiting for him and too busy focused on each other. Jaejoong didn’t even need his new dragon water abilities to read their emotions. After some time he approached Sailor and petted him on his enormous leg before looking right into Blur’s eyes. The blue dragon’s emotions washed over him. He was immensely happy to be back with his mate but underneath all that joy, Jaejoong could pick up on his worry over Yunho. The animal was highly concerned with his rider. Jaejoong allowed the dragon’s feelings to mix with his own. He sighed in defeat. The wall he had built was gone. 

-I miss him. I really, really miss him. Right now I don’t even care if he really is my Linked One or not. I just miss him and want to see him. Why are you so worried with him?

Jaejoong could guess why but the dragon confirmed it. There was no one else. Yunho had been all alone all this time. He was his Linked One.



Yunho had refused to stay with his parents. The time he spent with his family was not enough to ease how much he had missed them but he had grown used to being alone. He wanted to spend at least one more night alone before returning to his parents’ home or maybe finding his own home. That is why he had ended up on a small rental cottage on the outskirts of town. It was far away from everything and as peaceful and quiet as he could hope for. Taking a drink outside, Yunho sat on a chair and prepared to wait for Blur. He was sure the dragon would not be able to leave him alone for too long.