Chapter 12

Connections


Junsu rubbed his eyes. He felt tired and after the initial momentum he and Sarah hadn’t made much more progress. They were finding a lot of information but none of it seemed useful so far. They would have to investigate a lot more. Junsu stared across the table at the pretty girl completely focused on scans and papers and screens. He sighed, wondering how he had never noticed before how pretty she was. 

-Should we call it a day? I think we need to rest. We’ve been up most of the night.

-Huh? Now? But…

Sarah looked at the time and frowned. Then she glared at all the information in front of her that was starting to get jumbled inside her brain and sighed in defeat.

-I guess…

In silence they both got up and left the building. Sarah went to her carriage and took off. Junsu walked up to his dragon that had been waiting for him near the hospital and the wind on his face immediately made him feel better.

“Cute.”

“What? Oh, you mean Sarah? Yes, Mira, she’s cute. But I think she’s annoyed with me.”

“Wanna make her more annoyed?”

“That’s not a good idea.”

“Why?”

Junsu tried to answer the dragon and found himself wanting to hug Sarah the same way he had done before. Sending all his previous good intentions to the wind, he swept from the sky and made a beeline to the carriage down below. Once again he twisted and hang himself upside down, only the strength of his thighs keeping him glued to the dragon’s neck. With the dragon’s next move, Junsu simply carried Sarah up in his arms.

-Kim Junsu! What the hell do you think you’re doing? Let go of me!

-I can’t! You’d fall. We’re too high.

Junsu laughed shamelessly at Sarah’s angry tone. He held her tight, making sure that she was safe even with her struggling. It amused him that this time she was actually too angry to feel frightened of the height. He liked how she stood up to him time and time again. 

Sarah found herself once more half sitting on Junsu’s lap and half sitting on an animal’s neck. First it had been that time with the horse and now twice with the dragon. She was furious and wanted to hit Junsu but he seemed to just find her attempts amusing. She blushed. A tiny part of her didn’t want to admit that she actually liked these stolen moments where apparently she was all that mattered to Junsu. Even if he was just teasing her. 

She allowed herself to relax and look at the view. It was scary being so high up on a dragon but it was also exciting. Sarah also couldn’t help but feel impressed at how physically strong Junsu was. It was quite a feat to hold himself and her with just his thighs. She tried not to think more about that. It seemed a dangerous thing to think about when she could feel his strong thighs so close to her legs. In fact, she could feel a lot more. Junsu had a habit of holding her so close to his body that she was almost sitting on him and it was impossible not to notice certain things. Her bottom and his area only had a few layers of clothes between. Not enough. She could feel something there. It really made her blush. 

Sarah tried to go over every reason why she should ignore how she was being held. Junsu was about to find his Linked One and that would be the only person to whom he would feel attracted to. That was a sure thing about someone from Lhara. They only reacted to their Linked Ones. The few exceptions were rare and very specific cases, like someone who lost their Linked One and there was no more matches in Lhara. She hoped Junsu would find that person soon enough because if he kept doing this to her she had no idea how she would endure.

Junsu was feeling happy. It felt wonderful to have Sarah so close and to just fly into the horizon. He rested his chin on her shoulder and inhaled her scent. With a little adjustment he pulled her body even closer to his own and it just felt perfect, sending little shivers all over him. 

Sarah nearly jumped. Her heart went wild. She forgot how to breathe. 

Some things you can’t mistake if you know what they are. Especially if there’s a before and an after. She was totally feeling an after. Her mind went blank. She couldn’t make sense of what she was feeling.

Junsu was somehow half-hard under her. She could feel the added hardness and volume. His breathing seemed different too. He was even making little microscopic movements to press himself more against her. 

Sarah’s brain was on fire! Worse, her body was on fire! But how could Junsu react like that near her? How could it be possible? It shouldn’t be possible? 

Mira flew down to Sarah’s house and Junsu jumped to the ground holding Sarah in his arms. He gently lowered her against his body until her feet touched the ground but didn’t release her. Sarah trembled, even more aware of Junsu’s aroused state. After some moments, she dared to push and he let her go. Immediately she missed his arms and felt cold but she needed answers. Turning to look into his eyes she froze for a second noticing his dilated pupils. He was looking at her like he wanted her back in his arms and never let go. 

-Why do you insist in doing that?

-Doing what?

Sarah’s voice had shook a little but she nearly whimpered at Junsu’s voice. It was a completely different tone she had only heard in her dreams. 

-Junsu… Why do you keep harassing me?

-It’s fun. 

Sarah blinked. A few seconds passed. Junsu kept smiling at her. Suddenly she started to hit him like never before and calling him all sort of names. Before he could understand what was happening she turned and left him alone and bewildered. Junsu could still hear her calling him names from inside the house. 

“What just happened?”

The dragon looked down at Junsu with an amused face but said nothing. The explanation was simple but Mira decided to keep quiet. If Junsu wasn’t even aware that he was , having never experienced it before, how was he going to explain that Sarah thought the man was just playing with her? 



High above the clouds Blur had managed to find Sailor. The huge animal felt the sigh of relief from his rider. Yunho was breathing better now that he could see Jaejoong and assert that the man was ok. Next to the huge purple dragon there was a smaller grey one. Blur called Chami, thinking Yunho would like to talk with Lydia. 

Lydia gave Yunho a soft sad smile and her dragon flew as close to Blur as possible. They didn’t had telepathic links between them so they had to speak and neither of them wanted to be heard by Jaejoong. 

-Is he ok?

-He’s calmer. Jaejoong really needed to be on his dragon. He’s not wanting to return to the hospital any time soon. 

-My dragon says Jaejoong’s dragon will try to help. Something about seeing an older dragon. 

-I hope so. I hate seeing him like this. 

After a moment hesitation, Lydia stared hard at Yunho and asked something that had been in her mind for some time now.

-You are his Linked One too, aren’t you?

Yunho’s mouth opened in surprise. 

-W-why? How?

-I stayed outside the door but I could still hear your conversation. It just confirmed my own suspicions. The few times I connected my mind to Jaejoong there was an obvious reserved place for you. Bigger than there should be for a friend. Nothing like how he thinks of Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu. Nothing like how he thinks of his family. Or me. 

-T-that… That must be just cause I’m his best friend. Without the Connection…

-Yunho, the Connection in some cases just allows something that already had a previous foundation to finally grow. Me and Jaejoong have to build our relationship and it will be harder with no Connection. But you two… How do I explain? I only really understood things better when I finally met his family. Four parents, ten sisters, the only son and the younger one. Should mean a lot more attention but it didn’t. You get easily lost when you are one in fifteen people. Then all the sisters started to get linked and having children. Jaejoong was still a small child and the fifteen group had grown to thirty, now it’s over fifty. He was a kid but as a son and brother he found very early on that he could not compete with grandsons and nephews. He loves his family but he never did get the right kind of attention from them, especially with how much his sisters love teasing him. That was where you came in. You always made him feel special. When you gave him your attention, even if split with your friends and your sister, in those moments, you gave him your full attention. If the Connection had had enough time to work I’m sure he would be feeling as strongly as you are now. 

Yunho stared in silence at Lydia, allowing her words to give him the hope he desperately needed. 

-I hope you’re right. 

-I know I am. Just let the shock wear off.

-Thank you. Take care of him.

-I will. 

With one last look in Jaejoong’s direction, Yunho flew away to say goodbye to his parents and sister. Lydia watched him go with a pang in her heart. She tried to imagine what it would be like if Jaejoong suddenly didn’t want to be near her and felt her entire body run cold. She couldn’t even comprehend in how much pain Yunho must be. With a sigh, she went back to flying next to Jaejoong. 

-Is he ok?

-What?

-Yunho. Is he ok?

-You saw him?

-Not really. I sort of felt his presence, as if I could sense his eyes looking at me. 

-He’s… 

Lydia sighed. Jaejoong was looking straight ahead with empty eyes. To her he looked like he had lost a piece of himself but she doubted it was The Connection. To her that piece was Yunho.

-I hope he’ll be ok. I’m sure he’ll soon find his real Linked One. Everything will be fine then. Then it will just be a matter of when I’ll be cured.

Lydia decided not to say anything for the moment. Jaejoong was still in denial. His perfect world had shattered. Given enough time she was sure Jaejoong would realise how much he needed Yunho.



Actor landed near an abandoned looking spaceship and as soon as Changmin and Yoochun were on the ground he curled and snuggled to sleep. Changmin chuckled at his dragon. 

Yoochun took a deep breath and tried to control his nervousness. 

Inside the ship, they went to the control bridge. Yoochun did some check-ups while Changmin looked around.

-You don’t use this one very often.

-No. It’s too big. I only keep canned supplies and two changes of clothes in this type of ship. The life support system is also only connected for the bridge, the captain’s quarters and that’s about it. 

“Ah, so either we take a bath at the same time or we take turns.”

“Telepathy?”

“Well, if we can use it, why not? We never could use it before even if we could somehow read each other at times.”

“Yeahh, sure. You only give annoyed vibes at all times. Unless you’re pleased that you annoyed me.”

“Like you never got back at me. I still owe you for that trick you played with one of your ships when I was on the roof the other day.”

Yoochun tried to hide his smile at that. After making sure that all was in order, he stood up and started to walk away.

-Well, if you don’t mind, I’ll take a bath first. Make yourself at home.

-Ok. Don’t take forever.

The second Changmin was sure Yoochun was out of the way he raced to the computer and opened the last research Yoochun had done. 

A video appeared. Changmin blinked in surprise. A young man with a face and body type similar to his, so similar he had to shake his head for a moment, was smirking back at him on the screen. As the video progressed Changmin recognized the way Yoochun had touched him earlier. He couldn’t suppress a shiver at the memory. That had felt wonderful and he couldn’t wait to feel like that again. He tried a few other videos.

Soon a pattern seemed to emerge. There was kissing, not just on the mouth but all over the body. Frankly even in places Changmin could see no use for. Lots of touching. Then it would change to one of the men and liking the other man’s ual organ. That usually took a lot of time. It looked slightly disgusting with all the saliva dribbling down. However in some videos it almost looked something worth trying. He wondered if it really felt as good as it looked by the men’s faces. Yoochun had full lips, maybe they’d feel soft there? Some of the videos at that point changed to show touching inside. Sometimes even kissing. That always made Changmin move the scenes forward. It made him cringe even more than the mouth to parts of the videos. Besides it was unnecessary to use that kind of preparation because the one who would be mather was capable of lubricating. And he just didn’t want to even look at images of anyone kissing that area. Finally the images would show actual ing. The positions varied, the intensity varied but Changmin figured he understood the basics. Frankly, he was beginning to think he had sort of wasted time. He hadn’t learned anything much. 


The only curiosity he had was about the gradual progression. Touching the with a hand, then a mouth and then finally penetration. There must be a reason for that. Assuming that one was better than the other, then a mouth would feel better than a hand and penetration would be the best of the three. He smirked. He definitely wanted to find out how Yoochun’s lips would feel around his . 

Feeling content, Changmin turned off the videos and changed his attention to the ship’s course. Yoochun had sent the ship into space and they were now orbiting Lhara. On the screens, Changmin could see the stars blinking in the distance. 

Yoochun returned, his hair still slightly damp, his body smelling fresh and clean. Changmin eyed him top to bottom and was surprised to discover he found the image in front of him attractive. With a cough, he silently went to take his own bath. 

Yoochun watched Changmin’s tall frame disappear and released the breath he was holding. He was nervous and yet he was also anxious. After both of them pointing up, as Changmin liked to put it, there was no doubt that they were a Linked Pair. He was still surprised at the intensity of the emotions and how good his body felt being that close to Changmin, especially when the stubborn man had actually touched him there. That made him anticipate all the other things he wanted to try out. Still there was the lingering nagging thought that the annoying man would penetrate him, turning all the taunting he had ever heard from Changmin into reality. Yoochun sighed, hoping that The Connection would save him a little from his Linked One’s personality.



Sarah was still fighting the will to cry. Nothing made sense. Apparently somehow Junsu could get aroused. It should only happen with his Linked One but she knew very well what she had felt poking her. And he had the nerve to tell her he was only fooling around with her. As if she was some toy. 

With angry steps she walked to the mirror to yell at herself.

-You will stop falling in love with that guy, you hear me? He’s no good for you. He will never be yours. Even if he can kiss you or more, he can’t become committed to you. He will never be committed to you. That’s just some impossible dream. And anyway, why would I ever like someone so annoying?



Junsu turned and turned in his bed. He was exhausted but sleep eluded him. He knew he had make some mistake with Sarah but he could not figure out what. Everything seemed ok between them until he had said she was fun to tease. But he’d said it before. What was so different about this time? 

His body felt restless, as if on edge. There was a surge of energy inside him that he had no idea how to get rid of. He had felt something like it when he was holding Sarah but now it was worst, as if tinged with frustration as well. 

Kicking the blankets off, he turned again and froze. His had become trapped in the movement and there were nerve endings all over his body reacting and exploding. His eyes opened in surprise but he was seeing nothing. Slowly his mind started to make sense of things.



Yunho spent some time with his parents and sister before leaving. He hoped he had been able to make them believe that everything was alright with him other than his obvious and natural worry for Jaejoong. He said nothing about how his childhood friend was also his Linked One. 

With a final wave he jumped on Blur and kept his eyes on the horizon. He intended to spend as much time as possible away from everyone and everything. Soon, the adaptation period would be over and he would have to take on his role as diplomat. But he could stay away until then.



Sailor flew deep into dragon territory. Lydia sensed how her dragon was surprised. Very seldom would riders be allowed in these areas and the entire colony knew to never approach without permission. A high mountain suddenly appeared from between the clouds. Sailor landed on the opening of a huge cave. 

Jaejoong and Lydia walked hand in hand, following Sailor. Chami seemed to prefer to wait outside but had to follow as well. He was the only one who could tell Lydia what the other dragons would be talking about so that she could tell Jaejoong. 

Deep inside, among the shadows, a profile emerged. There seemed to be a stone carving of an enormous dragon on one of the walls, one that made even Sailor look average size. As they approached, the figure started to appear like a sculpture. Then one eye opened.

A rumbling sound echoed around the vast cave making Jaejoong’s and Lydia’s ears hurt. They both got closer to their dragons feeling a little scared. The huge eye turned its attention to Jaejoong who shivered. He had no idea such an enormous dragon existed. Everyone thought that dragons the size of Sailor were the bigger ones. 

“Hello, little one.”

Jaejoong gasped. He had heard a deep low voice in his head. 

“Damaged, I see. So careless of you.”

He tried to answer telepathically but found that his inner voice didn’t seem to work. Just like the other times he tried, it felt like screaming inside an empty room with no air to carry his voice. The huge stone like dragon seemed to turn his attention to Sailor. Jaejoong waited anxiously. Then after what seemed like an eternity it was Lydia who spoke.

-Chami says that the… well, I couldn’t make out the word for the gigantic dragon, the feeling behind the word seems to resemble… Father? Patriarch? But that’s not it as well. There was something else. Like as if the dragon can see the future? Oh, Lhara, he’s ancient. So ancient I can’t even understand it.

Jaejoong listened in silence to Lydia’s words while he remained glued to Sailor’s side. His eyes never left the ancient animal. And somehow it was as if he could feel the immensurable age before him in those deep eyes. Eyes that seemed able to see inside him and beyond. It really wasn’t difficult to believe in that moment that this dragon could see the future from the inside of this mountain.

Lydia’s voice seemed to fade away as Jaejoong continued to stare at the dragon. It was her soft touch on his hand that woke him up.

-Drink this.

-What’s that?

-I couldn’t really understand all of it. When we communicate telepathically with the dragons it is like feelings translate into words but sometimes there are a few things that don’t come across. I guess we don’t have words for what they have been talking about. From what I could catch the water springs and pools here have some of the ingredients used for the adulthood potion we’re given. Sailor seems to think this will help the dragon link.

-What about our link?

-I don’t know. The idea seems to be that it will heal itself eventually. 

Jaejoong looked at the dragons around him. A feeling of trust made him feel warm and cared for. With no hesitation he grabbed the small stone Lydia was holding. Its shape allowed it to hold some water and Jaejoong drank it thinking it couldn’t be worse than the potion. 

It tasted like water. Regular water. However, the dragons seemed to grow more pleased. Then Sailor and Chami bowed at the gigantic dragon and turned to walk away.

“See you, little one.”

Jaejoong blinked when the enormous creature seemingly turned back to immobile stone. 

Outside, as they few away, Jaejoong felt no significant difference except that he was more at peace. And now there was a faint thread of hope inside him.



Yoochun felt restless in the control bridge so he went to the captain’s quarters. Inside the room, he avoided the bathroom’s open door. He had grown up swimming with Changmin and the others in the hot waters of the springs but now any bit of skin sent his senses into mayhem. He had previously prepared the bed and now it seemed to stare at him accusingly. All the anticipation and build up was driving him crazy. 

When Changmin walked into the room, Yoochun actually jumped. The taller man smirked and continued to dry his hair. He only had a towel around his hips and apparently no intention to put on clothes if the way he looked at Yoochun was any indication. 

Yoochun sat on the edge of the bed with sudden weak knees. His body was taking over. He was aware that his trousers had become rather tight. There was this need to touch and be touched, to claim and be claimed. 

Changmin looked down at Yoochun’s flushed face and growing . He felt his own body reacting at the sight. He had come out from his bath with the firm decision to claim Yoochun as his Linked One but the nearer he walked to the man, the more that decision was becoming a need that he couldn’t control. With a proud gesture he tugged his towel to reveal his own full , a smug smile on the corner of his lips when Yoochun’s eyes landed on his . 

Feeling bold and in control, Changmin sent Yoochun an image. It wasn’t really a request, it was more like an order. Yoochun’s eyes grew enormous and surprised. Had Changmin just told him to kiss him there? Then wave after wave of uncontrolled emotions hit him. His own and Changmin’s. 

The second Changmin reached in front of Yoochun, he pulled the shorter man up and claimed his mouth in a greedy kiss while his mind screamed only one word.

“Mine.”



Changmin had expected utter and complete surrender from Yoochun but the shorter man was stronger than he looked and at times they were fighting for control. They both wanted to touch and to kiss. That desire was constantly at war with the desire to be touched and kissed. Everything was far more intense than they had ever imagined. 

Somehow, in between all the touching and kissing, they could not seem to reach an even when they were touching each other’s s. Changmin’s demand for Yoochun’s mouth in his increased in intensity and with a whimper Yoochun surrendered. There was something incredibly hot in a demanding Changmin. And when next the taller man seemed to melt into the sheets, Yoochun could not ask for more. The tiny miniscule part of his brain that was still functioning found amusing that it was Changmin growing incoherent and malleable under his mouth; especially when it was Yoochun the one in a supposedly submissive position. 

“Nooo… not like this… inside… please… I want inside…”

It was the word “please” that managed to make Yoochun listen to Changmin. His Linked One wanted their s to be with penetration. At that point Yoochun was too to worry about it anymore. They returned to kissing each other as they settled into a comfortable position. 

The touching grew more urgent as they tried to figure out how to become one without interrupting the kiss. Changmin straddled Yoochun and started to his hips in search for friction. Yoochun answered doing the same thing causing them to start in between kisses. They lost track of time. All that existed was their senses: taste, smell, hearing, sight, touch. 

Suddenly the two men froze looking at each other. Changmin had no idea what to do. His body had betrayed him again. And this time it had betrayed him big time.



Yoochun stared at Changmin’s surprised face above him until he could not help close his eyes and whimper in immense pleasure. His body reacted involuntarily and his hips moved up, deeper inside Changmin. That small movement was enough to tip him over the edge and he could no longer control his desire to move. Pulling the taller man into an embrace, Yoochun started to move his hips until he settled into a rhythm. 

“Mine.”

Changmin had wanted to do something. But he could not remember what. All he was aware of was how his body was tingling with pleasure, almost too much to bear. How Yoochun seemed to suddenly be everywhere, be everything. How Yoochun was moving inside his body but also how he was inside his mind. 

“Yes. Yours.”

Changmin was unaware of what he had said as he searched Yoochun’s mouth as if he needed it to breathe. For a few moments he blinked in surprise when Yoochun switched their positions. Having Yoochun on top of him and inside him was… He moaned at a deeper . Somehow he remembered this was not how it was supposed to happen. But another wave of pleasure shook him and with the way Yoochun was looking at him he could not do more than surrender. 

“Yours.”