two

Control.


"Kibum-ah, are you hungry?"

"No. Not really."
Yes, yes I am.

This escalated quickly.
It's honestly rather scary the way it happened. 
It started with simple research, about food, about weight and body mass and calories. But I realised, that if food was such a dangerous substance, eating it was dangerous, too. 
So why do it?

"Are you sure? You haven't eaten since yesterday night."

I didn't understand. I still don't understand, but my gut instinct was telling me that yes, I was doing the right thing. 
Eating isn't safe, is it? It brings with it so many detrimental effects. I know you have to eat to live, but I don't want to live life fat.

"Yes, I'm sure."

I'm not sure, not sure of anything. It's confusing, because now I don't know what's right anymore.
--

Mirrors are truthful.
They're about the most truthful things that exist on this world, for they show you for who you really are. 
Fans tell me I'm perfect, my grandmother tells me I'm beautiful, even Taemin tells me how wonderful I look everyday.
Liars. 
I look disgusting.
Jawline undefined, hair matted over with sweat. Lips cracking and eyes dull.
And still fat. 

I don't know why, why is weight so easy to put on but so difficult to get rid of?

I look away from the reflective surface. I can't bear to look anymore.

--

I watch as Kibum jumps. He twirls and kicks, again, and again, and again.
I'm not too sure how long he's been practicing for, but I know I told him to stop half an hour ago.
Obviously, he didn't.

The dance steps for Sherlock are difficult, I'll warrant that. Comeback is approaching soon but we still have quite a few bits to clear up. Practice makes perfect, but I'm starting to think that Key is practicing a bit too hard. 

"Key?" I venture. "We should go home now." 

"I'm not done yet." 

"Oh, yes you are." His face is flushed, sweat running down his cheeks. He looks exhausted. "I'm your hyung, you have to do what I say." I knew this form of reasoning never works on Key, but I figured I'd try anyway. 

He fiddles with his fingers in frustration. "I can't get this step right, hyung. Give me another five minutes."

"You said that thirty minutes ago. Are you sure you aren't just here because you wish to look at your reflection in the full length mirror?" 

To my surprise, he flinches. "No." His voice comes out rather crisp. "There's nothing to look at." 

What did I say wrong? I attempt a joke. "Well, you can look at those adorable puffy cheeks of yours." 

"I can do that at home, hyung. Let's go, I'll bet you're just tired of waiting."

--

a/n: 2nd chapter :)