eleven

Control.

--

I'm not particularly fond of our new voice trainer. 
He wants us to introduce ourselves, get to know us. He doesn't have to, why can't he just get the job done and go? 
I don't want to tell him anything about me. He can already tell everything about me by looking at my size.

The rest of the members have a lot to say, though. They seem to like him, and I can understand why. They don't have to worry about him judging them, they aren't fat. If I wasn't this huge I would like him, too.

Too bad, you are.

"And what about you? I haven't heard from you yet." I realise that everyone is staring at me.

Spaced out idiot. Pay attention, don't make yourself seem even stupider than you are. 
You're  ugly, don't make them stare at you for longer than they need to. Answer the question, hurry up!

What can I possibly say? I'm Key, I'm SHINee's fattest member, my role in here is to ruin everything and be disgusting. My hobbies include trying to become thinner but failing and throwing up after I consume food.

"Um...I'm Key. I'm SHINee's lead rapper and dancer, and I'm a vocalist."

Lead, lead, but not main, that's Taemin and Minho, because they aren't fat.
Mains can't be fat because people look at them so much, you're an eyesore, that's why you're only the lead.

Jonghyun hyung pats me on the back. "He's our self proclaimed visual."

Self proclaimed because no one else agrees. Because they knew all along that you were fat. 

"No...no, I'm not." 

"Nice to meet you, you're a dancer? I didn't know, couldn't tell." 

He couldn't tell.
He couldn't tell because you don't look like one. It's because you are huge, really big, you don't look like someone who can dance at all.

So you ever thought you could dance? You ever thought you were good looking?
You thought wrong.

--

"He's our self proclaimed visual."

Key flinches slightly, biting his lip. As if he's embarrassed.  Why? It's the truth, and anyway, I meant it as a compliment.

"No...no, I'm not." 
Hasn't he always said he was before? What's going on?

"Nice to meet you, you're a dancer? I didn't know, couldn't tell. You've a really nice speaking voice, I thought your role would be as a rapper instead, didn't think that you would be able to dance as well."

Key suddenly pales and looks down at his feet. Is he embarrassed by the compliment? Or is he not feeling well? He said he felt unwell last night.

"Kibum? You feeling okay?"

He stiffens immediately as Onew hyung places his hand on his shoulder, shifting away from his touch.

"I'm okay... I just...I know I don't but..." He gets up and walks towards the door, a little unsteadily. Hyung moves to follow him, but I get up instead, motioning for him to sit down and following Key out of the room.  

Outside, he leans against the wall and closes his eyes, taking in big gulps of air.
He's trembling a little, face pale.

"Hey, what's going on? Are you okay?"
Recalling how sensitive he is to touches of late, I pat him lightly on the shoulder.

"Mmm...I just... I needed some air, I...I..." A sob breaks out from his lips and he covers his face with his hands, hiding from me, turning away.

Hiding because he doesn't tell me anything anymore.
Why won't he trust me? Why?

--

A/n: next chapter :) is this really confusing? I'm sorry if it is.

edit:

Ahhh, part of my sentence disappeared (I swear this website hates me) but what happens is that the trainer expected him to be a rapper instead of a dancer, because he seemed as if he could rap well, so he assumed that Key's main role was to rap and not dance. I've amended the sentence though, I hope it stays this time.