Chapter Eight

Mr. Arrogant

Fragile. Like a wonderful piece of art.

That is Baekhyun's first impression of Jaekyung, and that fact didn't change. With him currently being hugged by the lass, he remained still for a moment breaking the silence that lingered for a few minutes. "How are you?" he asked, it is his way of starting a conversation but the lass remained silent. "Did you miss me that much?" he added, earning a slight nod from the other. Baekhyun's smile grew larger. Slowly breaking away from the body contact, he looked at Jaekyung's eyes. "I missed you, too."

"Are you going to stay here now? Permanently?" Jaekyung dropped the question, not letting her emotions take over. She waited for the lad's response but what she got is just a smile before standing up and offering his hand to her. "Everyone's waiting, shall we go?" he said diverting the topic somewhere else. Realiing that it wasn't the time to discuss such matters, Jaekyung gladly took Baek's hand before following him to where the others were.

The party began and everyone is having a good time, except one. At the kitchen, leaning his head on the window was Chanyeol who is currently bored to death. 'Why does he have to stay until the party is done? It's not like he still had some work or something.' that is what's currently running through his mind. While staring at the view outside the window, Chanyeol remembered the scene he saw not too long ago. He knew that he still doesn't know Jaekyung that well, but he knows how deep her romantic feelings for that Baekhyun guy is. Don't get him wrong, he's definitely not jealous, but what bothered him is the way the Baekhyun guy brushed Jaekyung's question off. Growing up observing people, he began to get bothered by such small things. Realizing that he was now meddling with other people's business, he decided to just go to Eunhee and ask her to let him go home now since he's just lazing around. As he walk out of the kitchen, everyone's eyes shifted on him. Silence lingered for a moment as Chanyeol watched the guests stare at him like he's some suspicious man. Walking towards Eunhee, he finally broke the silence.

"I'm going home."he straight forwardly said.

"What? Why?" Eunhee answered, ignoring the stares.

"What do you mean why? Work's done."

"Nah-uh, not done yet. We're still here."

"Oh come on, I wanna sleep. I'll just come here early in the morning to clean the mess so leave me be, Eunhee."

Tapping her chin with her finger, she thought about his request for a minute then smiled. "Fine. You can go now then, good work."

"Thanks. I'll be off then." he said. After he bid goodbye, he made his way out of the restaurant leaving all dumbfounded. "Who was that, Eun?" on the of girls asked but Eunhee only giggled. "He's Jaekyung's lover." she blurted out making everyone's eyes, as well as Jaekyung's widened in shocked.

"What?! He is not my lover!" she shouted, her face having a slight shade of pink due to embarassment.

"Oh please, dear. It'll end up that way soon, so leave me be." Eunhee retorted making Jaekyung facepalmed.

While the two started bickering, Baekhyun remained silent. 'Who was that guy? Jaekyung's lover? That's impossible. Jaekyung only has me.' he thought while watching the two best friends arguing like children.

"Alright ladies, stop. We're here to enjoy seriously stop arguing." one of Baek's friends finally said making the two stop from their nonsense.

Since that certain scene, Baekhyun remained silent the entire party. His answers only consisted of a nod or a hum and this made everyone feel weird. They asked him what's wrong but he only shook his head saying that he wasn't feeling well but the real reason is he was too busy thinking who is the guy before and who is he on Jaekyung's life. At the corner of the resto, settled at one of the vacant chairs there is Jaekyung resting. She was not used to parties so it is easy for her to get exhausted from such socializing. Letting her friends have fun, she sighed in relief when she can finally relax not only her body but her mind. But her relaxation ended when she saw Baekhyun walking towards her, settling himself across her. "Tired?" he asked as soon as he sat.

"Hn. Not really used to this kinds of gatherings."she answered with a smile.

Baekhyun chuckled, shifting his gaze to somewhere else. "So, I didn't know you have a lover."

"What? No, don't believe what Eunhee said. She's crazy."she rapidly answered and this made Baek chuckle.

"Why did she say that then?"

"I don't know, either. All I know is that she wants me to pair up with him."

"I see. Do you like him then?"

"No. He's annoying and loud and tall and always teases me. I don't like him at all."she said, crossing her arms over her chest while wearing an annoyed expression.

While watching her speak, Baekhyun's smile gradually disappeared from his face. 'No, there is something. That can't be.' he said in his thought. With him being in deep thought, he didn't notice his hand slowly moving on its own, holding Jaekyung's hand while caressing the back of her hand. Jaekyung's face started to heat up as she watches Baekhyun hold her hand, and even kissed it. She watched as Baekhyun's eyes slowly closed, her hand still being held by him and she thinks that he doesn't have any intention of letting it go."Oppa?" she called trying to get his sense back.

"Oppa?" she tried again, and this time it succeed. Baekhyun's eyes slowly fluttered, his sight landing on hers.

"You're mine.." he whispered in a way that only he can hear.

"Oppa? Did you say something?"

Baekhyun smiled at her, giving a light peck on the back of her hand. "It's nothing. Let's go back to the others, Jae." he said while pulling Jaekyung back to where the other guests are.

 

----

Short, I know. Sorry, next time it will be longer. do subscribe and vote if you liked this chapter or rather story. Feel free to criticize as well, I don't mind. I know I , so yeah.