Homeless

Lost Dog

     Everyone's eyes are on the anomaly in Chanyeol's pants. You take Chanyeol's hand and put it ontop of the object of everybody's attention. "Keep it covered okay?" you try to look the giant in the eyes, which are huge at the moment.

     "Why?" he puts both hands over it, blocking it from everyone's veiw but his own. "What's it doing?" he stares at it.

     "Does anyone know what this is who will explain it for me?" you don't really want to keep exlaining these kinds of things. Kai raises his hand and steps forward. You're not surprised one bit.

     "I kinda know... It does that when you're ," you wonder why Kai is so educated in this kind of stuff.

     "What's ?" now Chanyeol is asking the trolling questions.

     Kai looks into Chanyeol's soul, "it means you want . Like, you want it right now. As soon as possible." Kai doesn't sugar coat anything. Chanyeol looks at you and turns cherry-red.

     "Why is he Nuna?" Kyungsoo looks almost scared.

     "Oh boy," you shake your head and stand up. These guys are so uneducated in so many ways, and you kinda want to teach them just so they will stop asking the trolling questions. Just to be safe. You go into the closet and pull out a box of dry-erase markers.

     You set the box under the white board that's on the wall next to the window. You notice the window is open and count the boys. "Dang it," you mummble. One's missing.

     "Where's Lay?" you ask the others and they all look around at each other in search of his face. "We're having lessons later, but for now you guys stay here and search everywhere in the shack for him. Luhan is coming with me."

     "Can Sehun come too?" Luhan makes puppy eyes at you.

     "Only if he promises to keep his clothes on," you look at Sehun with squinted eyes.

     "I promith," he intertwines his fingers with Luhan's as he looks at you and pouts. You close the window and lead the two brothers out the front door and to the house.

     You lead them into the living room but you don't see Lay anywhere. You take the boys into your bedroom in search of him. He's not here either. The bedroom door opens and you turn around to see your mother standing in the doorway.

     Her completely poker-faced expression scares the boys and they hide behind you, their heads barely sticking out from either side of you. "U-Umma..." you stutter and try not to freak out.

     "You're almost twins..." she examines them for a minute, her expression not changing. "All three of you. Kitchen. Now," she walks to the kitchen and the boys grab your hands, Sehun holding your left, Luhan holding your right. All three of you obey and make your way to the kitchen.

     When you get in the kitchen you see Lay sitting at the table eating bacon. "Hey Amber, "he greets you as he shoves more food into his face, almost missing his mouth.

     The boys' grips on your hands get a little tighter as they their lips at the sight and smell of the well-cooked meat. "Sit," all three of you obey your mother's orders without hesitation.

     The boys don't let go of your hands and you just sigh, trying to not explode. "So... you made new friends," your mother sits down next to Lay.

     "Yeah, a few," you think of the other nine.

     "I already met Lay. But who might these two be?"

     "This is Sehun," you hold up his hand and he cowars behind it. "And this is Luhan," he nods to her as you lift his hand.

     Your mother nods, "I understand from Lay that you bought all of them new outfits last night. And you let them spend the night in the shack."

     "Uh, about that-" you are about to explain but Sehun cuts you off mid-sentence.

     "We're homeleth," your mother's eyes widen at his statement.

     "Lay, you didn't tell me that," she turns to face the young boy. "Why didn't you say anything about not having a home?"

     "I don't know, I didn't think it mattered. Plus, Amber let us stay here for the night. I was just focused on enjoying my stay."

     "That's so sweet and cute," she pats him on the shoulder and looks at you, then around at each of the boys. "You can live with us if you want. We have two large guest bedrooms that are never used because we have a different room for Amber's cousin."

     "Thank you so much, we'd all love to stay. We'll stay as often as we can," he respectfully nods to her in his chair and smiles.

     "It'll be lovely to have more people around the house," she seems to have taken a quick and strong liking to Lay. "Can I meet the others?" she stands up from the chair, her new friend following her example.

     "Sure. Let's go," you and the boys stand. You walk out the front door, Sehun letting go of your hand and skipping along comfortably. Lay leads the way your mother walks by his side.

     You walk at a steady pace, trying to think of a reason as to why Luhan moved his hand from yours to around your shoulder. You open the shack's front door and Kyungsoo imediately flings out of the shack and onto Lay. "You found him!"

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey check out how cute this puppy is ^u^

What do you think of the first chapter?