Episode 7: Mannequin

Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"AHHHHHH!" Jessica's signature dolphin scream rang throughout the corridor as she saw the creepy silhouette of a person outside the female restroom far away. 

It alarmed Taeyeon who was in the practice room and without even thinking, she dashed out of the room. "Jessica!" She ran forward to her friend and held her shoulders from the back, protecting her. The older girl was confused though, when she finally took a look around and didn't notice anything that was wrong. "What happened?" She finally asked. Jessica lifted her hand which was trembling badly and pointed towards the silhouette she had seen earlier. Looking where the finger was pointing to, Taeyeon saw the outline of a figure which she knew belonged to a mannequin because she had seen it earlier in the afternoon. "What?" She was still confused. "D-Don't you s-see it...?"

"Ah pabo ya!" Taeyeon finally caught on the situation and not being able to hold it in, she burst out laughing. Jessica was surprised as her friend's laughter slowly calmed her nerves. "Ya hahahaha. What did you think it was? Seriously Jessica hahahaha." Taeyeon managed to say while laughing and Jessica frowned when she finally took a good look at the figure. It was actually just a mannequin, more precisely, half a mannequin. She wanted to find a hole to hide at that instant. How could she have mistaken a top half of a mannequin as something ghostly? "It's okay it's okay ohhhh our Jessica." Taeyeon put her arm around her shoulder as Jessica kept silent, too embarrassed to say anything else.

"Please just...don't tell anyone."

"Okay I won't."
 


"HAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS SO STUPID." Stephanie's laughter echoed in the practice room.

"YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T TELL ANYONE KIM TAEYEON!"

"I know I know but...bwahahaha!" Jessica's eyes were slowly forming a straight line as she got annoyed.

"HAHAHAHA and wait, I'm not anyone, anyway." Yuri gently knocked on Jessica's head, after joining in the laughter.

"What's so funny?" Hyoyeon asked as she came into the room with YoonA and Sooyoung.

Jessica casted a look at Taeyeon and mouthed "don't you dare" to her.

Just a few minutes after, roars of laughter could be heard from the practice room as Jessica curled up in a corner, too embarrassed to face anyone, while Taeyeon was laughing so hard that she was in tears holding her stomach while lying on the floor.
 


"See you Taeyeon ah!" Taeyeon's friends bid her goodbye as they left the school compound. She smiled as she started making her way to the bus stop, her hands lightly grabbing the straps of her backpack as they hung over her shoulders. She was walking while looking down, as she let the soothing music from her earphones flow into her ears.

She noticed someone's feet and she automatically steered away from the path so that she wouldn't bump into the person, but as she did so, the pair of feet steered away too. Thinking it was coincidence, she steered away once more, and when the pair of feet mimicked her for the second time, she finally looked up. Much to her surprise, Jessica's face came into view.

"I was thinking how long we are going to do this for." The younger girl joked as she smiled. Taeyeon couldn't help but to return the smile. She was always glad to see Jessica. "Why are you here?" She finally asked. "School ended early for me today so...I thought I'd come look for you." Taeyeon nodded at the answer, until realisation struck her. "No wait. Isn't your school in Seoul?" She wasn't quite pleased when Jessica nodded. "Then why did you spend 3 hours of your time to travel here?!"

Jessica bit her lower lip for a wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter