Episode 8: Exams

Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica sat on the floor of the practice room as she leaned against the mirror. She furrowed her eyebrows, her eyes glued to the book she was holding. She scribbled some formulae that she could remember, and then cancelled them off furiously while letting out a huge sigh. "Argh!" She messed up the back of her hair in frustration.

"Woah cool it American!" A voice sounded from the entrance and Jessica turned to look in surprise, as Sooyoung's face came into view. "What's wrong with you?" The taller girl approached Jessica and then took a seat beside the girl. Casting a look on the book on her hand and then the rest of the mathematics books on the floor, she randomly took one up and flipped through the pages mindlessly. "Math? Since when did you like studying?"

"Never did. Never will." Jessica mumbled as she turned back to her book.

"Then? What's the occasion?"

"I'm having an exam next week. And this bloody is just...argh!"

"Okay okay I told you to cool it! Do you need help or something?"

"Can I trust you...?"

"Hey what do you mean by that." Sooyoung narrowed her eyes.

"You know the last time I asked someone for help, Yuri made it ten times worse. I was on the right track and she told me it was wrong and after one whole big round, turns out she was wrong."

"Hahaha don't you know that she is extremely bad at math?"

"What? She is?!"

"No one in the right mind would ask her for help."

"Then can you help me?"

"I guess I can try... We still have quite some time before practice starts anyway. Let's do this!" Sooyoung replied, matter-of-factly, before she grabbed a pen and made herself comfortable while starting on Jessica's mathematics practice questions.

 

 

"Yawn..." Sooyoung stretched before she stood up. "I'm kinda hungry. Do you wanna go grab a bite?"

"Nah I'll skip... I need to solve this bloody nonsense."

"Okay then. Do you want me to buy anything back for you? Hot cocoa or something?"

"It's okay. You go ahead!" Jessica gave Sooyoung a weak smile and the taller girl smiled in response.

"Argh..." Jessica let her head fall backwards as she closed her eyes. It wasn't long before she fell asleep, although it wasn't her intention at all.

When some sounds reached Jessica's ears, her eyes cracked open, before she lowered her head so that she was looking front again. "OMO YOU SCARED ME!" She screamed and put her hand across her chest when Taeyeon's smiling face greeted her beside her. "Ah Taeyeon you really..." The older girl didn't say anything, instead, she held out a small paper bag to her. "What's this?" Jessica asked, while taking it. It was hot, and there was a really nice smell.

"Take a look." Taeyeon kept smiling.

"Woah ham and cheese toast!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly, although just moments ago, she told Sooyoung that she didn't want anything.

"And this." Taeyeon reached out behind her back to take something and Jessica turned to look at her again. Jessica's eyes widened when she saw what it was.

"For me?" Her eyes travelled from the Starbucks cup back to Taeyeon.

"Yup!"

"Is this like my favourite coffee?! Gosh!" The Korean American could recognise the drink just by smelling. "What's wi-"

"WOAH WHAT'S THIS SMELL?!" Both girls turned to the source of the voice and Sooyoung walked in. "Kim Taeyeon where's mine?" Sooyoung pointed at the ham and cheese toast that Jessica was holding. "And you. Didn't you tell me that you didn't want anything? I'll finish that for you." She was about to reach out for the toast but Jessica held it closer to herself.

"This is mine. I wasn't hungry just now but I'm hungry now. Go away Sooyoung you just had food."

"Haha Sooyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter