Episode 2: That Voice

Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica sat at a corner in a daze, something she was really good at doing. "Sica ya." She jumped and turned when she felt something cold touch her arm. It was Sooyoung wanting to give her a bottle of cold water. Jessica smiled and took the bottle over, and took a few gulps.

"Ah it feels refreshing. Where's Hyoyeonie?"

"Dancing with the boys."

"Ah. Her dancing is really of another level huh." Sooyoung nodded at Jessica's comment.

"Jessica unnie Sooyoung unnie hello." The two girls turned to look upon hearing their names. The lanky girl who bowed respectfully was a girl named YoonA.

"You're here?" Sooyoung smiled as she greeted the girl back. YoonA smiled in return and nodded.

"Okay go get busy then!" The taller girl kept the smile on her face and YoonA bowed again before moving to an empty space in the practice room to practice dancing.

Sooyoung turned to look at the Korean American who was once again in a daze. "Sica ya just for God's sake can't you smile a little? Stop scaring everyone with your sergeant face and walking posture."

"What? I smiled okay!" Jessica protested.

"Are you a month old? You call that smiling?" Sooyoung continued.

"Ah whatever. I can't be bothered with you." Jessica looked away from the girl and leaned her head against the wall, closing her eyes.

Sooyoung looked at her hopelessly unfriendly looking friend and sighed as she shook her head.
 


"My aches are killing me." Hyoyeon complained as she tried to rub her shoulders.

Jessica stepped up and gave her a shoulder massage as the three girls started making their way out of the practice room. "Ah don't don't. It hurts." Jessica got her hands off and gave Hyoyeon a then-don't-complain look. Hyoyeon stuck her tongue at her and then just when she had barely stepped out of the room, Stephanie who was on her way in with Taeyeon at the same moment bumped right into her shoulder.

"Ah!" Hyoyeon grabbed her shoulder as she yelped in pain. "Hyoyeon ah!" Sooyoung took quick steps towards her friend and held her by the other shoulder. "Ah I'm so sorry!" Stephanie exclaimed in English as she looked at the hurt Hyoyeon in shock. "Sorry! I'm really sorry!" The girl repeated her apology in Korean when she realised that she had accidentally blurted out her earlier apology in English. Jessica's eyes shot up at the girl when the English words reached her ears. Her eyes then drifted off to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter