Episode 6: Taking The Blame

Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here's another chapter ^^ Not quite cute entirely, but I hope you'll be satisfied when you have reached the end of the chapter! Remember to vote it up and comment if you like it. I'm waiting :) HwaiTaeng!

Days passed. Weeks passed. It had been two months since the eleven girls had been practising together. In many of the other trainee's eyes, Jessica was still one of the outstanding seniors, although one who was really cold and unapproachable. That image was, however, non-existent in Taeyeon's eyes. She wouldn't say that Jessica was the sweetest person she had ever met, because her roommate, Stephanie, was already way more expressive in her sweet acts towards her. Yet, she always felt something special about Jessica. Zzz. Her phone vibrated again, as Jessica's reply reached her.

- Jessica -
Received: No. Maybe tomorrow.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. She couldn't quite understand this friend of hers. Sometimes, she could be such a warm person, and at times like this, she sounded like the cold person she had thought she was when she first met her.

- Jessica -
Sent: Do you want to have dinner tomorrow?

- Jessica -
Received: I have something on tomorrow. Sorry.

Taeyeon slightly bit on her lower lip. She wondered if she did something wrong to receive this treatment.

- Jessica -
Sent: Did I...do something wrong?

A reply didn't come instantly this time. Taeyeon frowned, firmly believing that she must have made a mistake somewhere that angered the other girl. She decided to send another message and began typing.

- Jessica -
To Send: Don't ignore me... Can you tel

Zzz. She was surprised when she received a reply before she could finish typing.

- Jessica -
Received: No.

The short girl sighed, not knowing what to do. She stood up and went out of her classroom as she started pacing the corridor, trying to think of a solution. She hated awkwardness, but she hated this cold treatment from Jessica more. Determined, she dialed for Jessica.

Ring ring. No one picked up. Taeyeon found her heart beating faster as she got nervous.

Ring ring. "Come on Jessica..." She silently wished for her to pick it up.

Ring ring. Her shoulders slumped as her hope was slowly drained.

Ring ring. "Maybe I should just hang up... Yes I guess I should."

Click.

Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprise when the line got through, but no one spoke.

"Jessica...?"

"Why."

"Are you okay...?" Taeyeon got timid once again.

"Yeah."

"I feel that...you're angry with me..."

"..."

"A-are you...?"

"..."

"..."

"No."

"Jessica..."

"..."

"Sorry..."

"Why are you saying sorry for?"

"Just... Sorry..."

"You don't even know why you're apologising. Then why say sorry?"

"What did I do...?"

"Forget it."

"Jessica wait! Wait please... Can you please just...tell me what did I do...?"

"I'm hanging up."

"Jessica please! Why are you making me feel so bad?!"

"Look who's talking!" Taeyeon found her anger dropping instantly when she somehow felt a sense of hurt in her friend's tone.

"W-what...?"

"Who's making who feel bad now?!"

"What...do you mean?"

"What do you do after practice these days?" Taeyeon started to feel nervous as her friend threw the question at her. Flashbacks of what happened four weeks ago ran through her mind in that instant.

"We are going to have a showcase next week. Please keep in mind the diet plan I gave out to you yesterday. If anyone has any problems, approach me directly." The choreographer gave her instructions.

A week went by really slowly for the trainees as they had to keep their diet in check. Jessica finally could not take it any longer and secretly brought a bag of tidbits with her on a self practice day where she shared it with Sooyoung and YoonA. Little did they expect the choreographer to turn up out of the blue and Jessica was lucky enough to be in the restroom during her sudden visit.

"Who does this belong to?" Sooyoung and YoonA looked down as the choreographer's threatening tone sounded throughout the practice room. Taeyeon knew that it was Jessica since her friend had just offered her some not too long ago, even though she didn't take any. She bit on her lower lip, wondering whether or not to step up.

"Did you not hear me? I asked, who does this-"

"It was me. I'm sorry." Before she even knew it, the words had already left her lips as Sooyoung and YoonA looked on in surprise. The two girls looked at each other and were about to own up when Taeyeon looked at them firmly in the eyes and slightly shook her head, asking them not to do it. They frowned in worry as they took a ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter