Chapter 1

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As I emptied this glass…and pouring what appeared to be the last drops of this beer in my hand, I knew that once she comes home…I will be greeted by her dang stupid remarks…for years, I put up with her, her constant partying, her regular gimmicks with pals…does she ever feel tired?

 

I am watching TV now…as if reliving a lost dream. Her voice is still the same… soothing, full of magic… every note she hits, every song she utters…perfect.

Every weekend, I made sure to stay glued in front of the TV set…watching her… for years, I made sure to see how she was, for in truth, that’s all I ever can do…for her…I was a …a loser.

I was then disturbed by a loud knock…

“Omoni, the door!” I called out. The next scenes were quite normal- the doorknob clicking, the maid rushing to get her shoes and bag, then…

“There you are…you're watching your ex-girlfriend again! Tsss, don't you ever get tired looking at her face?”

“Tss. How about you? When will you stop going out at night, drinking? It's a shame that you're a girl, you're supposed to act modestly yet you act like you don't give a damn. It's as if I was living alone.” I answered flatly. I then turned off the TV, stood up and went to our bedroom. She followed.

 

“How can I stay at home when the person I'm living with is not talking, ignoring me! Gosh! And now, you’re asking me, why? Get a life, Lee Taemin!” I then saw her drop; more like threw her bangles, and went straight to the comfort room.

 

“Why don't you join us? Let's hang out! Instead of you, staying at home sulking over your past. Look at you! You look like a mess!”

“Really now, me? Now who's the one that comes home late and reeks the smell of cigarette smoke? Luckily, that ahjumma is here to look out for me, while you?” I continued saying while shaking my head. This night turns out to be one of those nights, again.

 

“I am not your maid, Taemin. So, if you want someone to cook for you, fix your clothes, then go hire somebody else. Just to remind you, my dear Taemin, me and housework? We’re not really getting along.” Then as I saw her flop on the bed…I tried to busy myself… checking my phone.

 

“You know what, Taemin. Come to think of it, why don't you try calling your Kyungsoonie? Complain. Besides, you're just the same… hahaha!” She said, as if further insulting me. I had enough so I retaliated,

“And what do you mean by that?”

“Simple. We both know that she never liked me. And you? The hell I care if you even like me now…my dear Taemin. Hahaha!”

I then bent over and went near her…as if whispering in her ear, “Know what, Bang Minah? Don’t get pissed easily. You are getting ugly, hahaha! Lemme get out of here. Here's your cigarette pack, eat it.”

I then stood up and went straight for the door…then

I heard her say, “Aarrrgh! You !” And before it’s too late, I slammed the door behind me as I knew that she threw that clock atop her bedside table at me.

 

I feel tired…wasted…and since the bedroom is somewhat alienated, I then comforted myself via the couch and turned the TV on again. And then… I saw her face…the same beautiful features and curves…the pretty soul that I once loved and claimed…and as I see her being interviewed on TV…I focused my attention on those pair of eyes that has always drawn me…and while she speaks of her latest successes….her recent show with Kim Myungsoo and an upcoming stint on theatre…something is obviously missing…those eyes…the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter