Chapter 10

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

******

 

After that slapping incident, I immediately got inside my car, the car's engine and left the village. That . Ugh! I looked at the rearview mirror, my face swollen due to Son Naeun's slapping. Gosh, I look like .

 

 

"Who does she think she is?" 

 

I never even thought that introvert would step up much more fight with me. It was quite a shock. Tss. Didn't saw that one coming. Does being a mother make you stronger now, Son Naeun? Pfft. You think you can now live in peace and be reunited with your beloved Taemin? I won’t let it go that easily. In your dreams, sweetheart! I, Bang Minah, will never make that happen. You can never be happy with him. I need to do something...devise a plan. Make Lee Taemin mine and only mine. Minah laughed at the thought.

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

Life is full of surprises…it is true. When Taemin came back…the anger in my heart subsides in an untimely, unexpected manner…that I would not even think that I’ll be capable of loving him…again. When I had to leave my son in someone else’s arms…be protected and taken care of by a guardian other than family…that truly broke my heart…but the complexity of things, of the situation, urged me to do it.

 

 

Explanations should be in place…and for us, Taemin and I, the time to reveal details about my pregnancy…the fictitious scholarship…the six years of seclusion and the denial about our kid…all these are not easy to correct, explain or even rationalize.

 

 

People do things for various reasons. And as always, judgment can easily be passed. We know that too…but what if time has other plans? What if other people won’t easily back out? What if we are forced to make decisions and what if we are again faced with a crucial choice….can I still do it?

 

 

 

 

Today, Taemin and I will have a meeting with selected press people. It was his mom together with our companies who arranged everything. This is our first step…towards revealing our past…our kid. This is the first thing that we have to do if we want to become better parents and as we are greeted by closest friends and family…as I wait for him in our house…as I see my son take his chances in learning how to bike…the sight and scenes of my life…the sight and scenes of the past six years are slowly played like mere flashback.

 

 

 

“Naeun-ah… Gwaenchana? Ready?” I was tapped in the shoulder by mom…my umma…She's been with me in the time I need someone to cry on. She was the one who supported me and my decisions as well as comforting me whenever I hear people who badmouthed me…in those times when appa was ignoring and not talking to me…she was always the one who reminds me that, “Naeun-ah…me and your appa loves you so much…and the baby, we will take care of him and watch him grow and he won’t ever feel that he’s lacking…even without Taemin.” I am so thankful to her, for always being with me in such an undertaking of my life.

 

 

“Ahhh~ molla…I am somewhat nervous…frightened…what if the fans won’t be able to understand? What if they’ll think that I am a bad person because I kept Francesco from the public? Umma…I’m afraid…”

 

 

Seeing my daughter put down all her defenses…seeing her teary-eyed due to fear…almost broken my heart…if you are a mother…and if your child is in despair….your heart bleeds doubly for her. Naeun has always been a good and dutiful daughter…and in turn, we expected so much from her… so much that when we learned that she was pregnant, our world started crumbling…we never really care much for her career…we don’t care about the money and we could care less about it…but the thought of my daughter…getting pregnant at such a young and unprepared age…with her dreams within her reach…your world crumbles into pieces for it is her dream that is at stake…

 

 

“Naeun, my dear…remember the time when you talked to us about Tae-Eun? When you told us that you’re pregnant?I was upset…and your appa too…but our love for you hadn't lessened, instead it was strengthened… I felt your fear…because you almost shaking while saying it… and seeing you like that…it breaks my heart…dear. There are things in life that we cannot afford to handle without shedding tears…sometimes  we have to feel fear to become stronger…sometimes, we have to face the unknown to become a good person…I’m really proud of you…we…and your father, do you know that? Because… you kept the baby…you chose to speak and face us than do something you’ll regret more…”

 

 

 

We are both crying at this moment…and Naeun…she just bowed, sobbing, dripping tears…I approached her and while I watched my grandson …her son…I became more determined to assist and support her…

 

 

 

“So that fear you’re feeling now…that’s natural. Think of it…it’s not important what other people say…If after this, they won’t like you anymore, it’s fine…the work… career… fame, all of that will fade away… but being able to deal with problems…that’s what makes you stronger… And when you've done that, the career, everything, all of it will be gone but at least, you never lost character, you being who you really are….Do you understand? Ha, Naeun? You can do it… this is only just a piece of cake, compared with the achievements, you have exceeded…”

 

 

 

And while I was hugging her…while both of us were crying… I thought, in life, even how difficult it is…you don’t have anything to fear, but what your conscience tells you and God …

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! Unnie! Someone's calling you on the phone, emergency!” Saeun said, panting….and when I heared that…It didn’t just made me nervous…but also depressed…because what I feared…already happened.

 

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

“What are you up to this time, Bang Minah? I am busy. If you don’t have any important thing to say, don’t bother calling me.” It was Taemin talking on the phone, irritated.

 

“You better call me back if you want to work on the relationship...” Minah, who was on the other line.

 

“I have a schedule today. I’m sorry. Besides, there’s nothing we can do to make it work. We are not in a relationship…”

 

“I’ll hurt myself if you don’t call me.”

 

“Stop saying crazy things Minah. I have to go, Naeun’s waiting for me.”

 

“Oh? So you’re meeting up with her? Tsss. Seriously? HAHAHA!! ” She snorted. She continued talking, “If you’re worried about me doing anything crazy…you better come to me, Taemin. I won’t let you be with that woman. What’s so good in her? Tell me. I am better than her.”

 

“Simple. I love her. I love my son. They are the most important people in my life, now and always. I’m sorry Minah. I hope that you’ll find your happiness, with someone who really loves you.”

 

“Sorry? You’re sorry?!! HAHA! Why, Lee Taemin? Why can’t you just love me? We belong together…You promised to stay with me… I’ve never acted like this with anyone else. YOU bring this out in me…I have no choice but…” The other line went silent, and the phone dropped on the floor. All Taemin could hear is Hyeri, shouting for help.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo? Is this Lee Taemin? Minah tried killing herself!”

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

Life ... is like the sea ...there are waves; intense waves that reach to the coast…makes you weak…makes you stumble and tripped…

 

 

Taemin…he was unable to make it that day…when I received the call… I heard that he was in the hospital…due to the serious condition of Minah…He said that she attempted suicide and because of that, he did nothing but go to the hospital…I did not know what to feel…If I should ever feel sorry for her or be angry…because of many times…Here she is again… trying to take away what’s supposed to be mine…

 

 

 

Life ... is sometimes calm like the sea ...…but sometimes it suddenly strengthens the waves…and while the waves are getting intense…the stronger it strikes…

 

 

 

 

“Naeun…”

 

 

 

He stood behind me ... I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter