EPILOGUE

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

**********

 

The blue skies will always remind me of the past two years….the sea in front me…its waves…the long stretch of sand and the calmness of the turquoise waters…these will always remind me of the day when Taemin decided to redeem himself…when he told me that he was leaving…I just listened…I thought even if I have to wait again…I cannot stop the one I love to find himself…after all Taemin had been through…I cannot blame him if he would want to stay away…because no matter how strong a person is…there's a limit to it…

 

 

 

As I watch my son leave for London…in said span of time…in cases like this just as well my Francesco gets to come home…he is growing up…he just turned 8 last week and my, oh my…he is turning into a very handsome lad… like his father….Many gossips, blind items, and defamations have passed but…in my silence…I continue to receive the work and also with the help of the people that understands me…it seemed that I have hope… to be strong…to wait…

 

 

 

As I took my slippers off…here I am…feeling the sand…feeling the waters as it drenches my feet…I sat down….and as I rested my chin on my knees… I am still trying to remember…that moment when Taemin was here with me… with our 6-year old Francesco…

 

 

 

 

“Do you miss me?”

 

 

 

I know that voice…The voice that whenever I hear every time, seems to stop my heart from beating…I didn’t speak immediately.

 

 

“Did you miss me?” he asked again and I cannot help but smile…

 

“What do you think?” I answered him, not facing him…I just don’t know, but at this point, seems that my innocent side wishes to play with him. I heard his faint laughter…

 

 

“You ... I super missed you. And if you don’t have any plans to stand there and hug me now…go ahead, I might change my mind and come home to some other woman, haha!”

 

 

This handsome idiot…is he trying to bluff...? I stand up and approach him…I can’t help myself…The joy I felt  seemed to be covered with tears…when I hug him…and when he suddenly kissed me…I just realized right there and then his absence for more than two years…

 

 

I was crying as I embrace him…tears of joy… and I can feel how he misses me so much…he is wrapping his arms around me…as if he is not willing to let go…and as he presses his lips against mine…the more I felt his longing… the kind that is equally comparable if not beyond mine….we were standing, hugging and kissing and I am not even sure for how long but as my tears are rolling down my cheeks and as I feel his lips tightly pressed on my lips….it only proves that the two years past did not even change our love…even for a bit…

 

 

We were catching our breath as we broke off…and I saw him smile at me…looking intently…as if he is memorizing the every detail and feature of my face…

 

“God, Naeun…I miss you so much baby…” I heard him whisper in my ear as he wraps me in his arms again and my heart swelled…

 

 

“I miss you,too babe…I miss you,too…” I answered back, and then he pulled himself from me so that he can kiss me again…

 

 

 

******

 

 

Today is a day of many firsts. A week after he arrived, Taemin and I decided to come out…finally. After 8 long years…in the middle of the numerous scandals, unconfirmed rumors and gossips…the people had finally known our story.

 

 

Some of them may take the news in good stride…while others may judge us right away. Some may care less while others may think that this recent frenzy was nothing more but a renewed attempt to promote another project, album or movie…but to us…for Taemin and I…this is nothing but a second chance at love…a new start…a new beginning.

 

“Naeun-ssi, many people are shocked with this sudden revelation you made with Taemin… when you released an official statement…then a presscon…about your child and it is finally confirmed that it was actually part of the reason why he quit showbiz before was because you guys, weren’t ok that time, what’s even more surprising is that you had the baby and he never knew about this not until he had his comeback…so, what can you say now, that everything has been explained and cleared out? ” asked Adrien Lee, a famous radio and TV host at Arirang Network was the MC of the said press conference.

 

When the press people started speaking and asking questions, I knew that this would rightfully come. And I have to face every question…since the years that pass were really surprising…revealing…

 

“Ahm…it was really a difficult choice because I was very young when I had my child…and because there were so many things going on, in that time, we decided to keep the baby…that even Taemin…have no idea of… I am not saying that I was proud of what I did, I know that it is something that until now, I cannot appreciate..what I did but I must say, during those times, when it happened, I decided to do it is because it felt right.”

 

“So, here it is, we all know that Lee Taemin just came back…I think, after six years, you worked with him again …and when he knew about the baby, it is said that you guys really plan to come out, but you guys never did…what happened?”

 

“Hmmmm…Taemin had his past and I believe everyone is aware of it…let’s just say that we had to reconsider because we have other people to think of…and we had to really fix something so that just in case we will have the chance to face the fans, and the public… we are more than ready.”

 

“Okay, so let’s go to the good part…and I think, we have to call Lee Taemin-ssi… because, he has a surprise I think. And look who’s with him! What a handsome boy! Such a cutie!!!”

 

I turned around and saw the love of my life, Taemin and and my baby Francesco, Tae-Eun together…walking hand in hand…seeing them, facing this crowd…it really has a different feeling…that kind of feeling that even after this, if they still won’t accept us, I do not seem to care anymore…

 

Taemin sat and we have Tae-Eun between us…then Adrien continued,

 

“Look! Wow, I remember when I first saw you guys, you were younger and now, you have little Tae-Eun,hahaha! And it can’t be denied, I mean, look? The boy! He’s the exact replica, a carbon copy of Lee Taemin, hahaha!”

 

Tae-Eun was smiling while Taemin looks happier…his time away from home proved beneficial…for when he returned….it is not only his interest in life that came back…he came back with much passion and fire…he turned into a man whose heart is in the right place…whose dreams are fueled by his desire to support his family and face the odds.

 

“So, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter