Chapter 2

Come Back Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I can never forget this day…when she entered the room, I knew that she was never really happy seeing me. But when the meeting commenced, and everybody took their seats, my mom included, it became clearer…Naeun is aware of my presence. She even agreed to do this project with me and Myungsoo.

 

“So, Naeun, I mean you and Taemin, together with Myungsoo in a movie? What do you think?”

 

“It's okay. I mean, it’s work.” She flatly answered.

 

I had to take a peek and somehow observe her, her mannerisms and her gestures for the day. I don’t know if I just missed her much that I wanted to simply stare…but what really caught my attention is her closeness with Kim Myungsoo.

 

At one point, when the others are not looking, I can say that their smiles are too much for me… bordering that line of annoyance and jealousy.

At one point, when my mom, who is my current manager and Kim Young-Min went outside to talk further, I even saw them whispering… talking as if I was not there. I felt my heart sank…a mixture of emotions ran through me…but what’s worse is when the meeting is over…

 

“Naeun, do you want to have coffee after?” Myungsoo asked. I was still there, in front them, trying the best I can to not even look their way.

“Sorry, but I need to finish this song tonight, see you this Friday for the technical rehearsal.” She answered back. It wasn’t really a special response but when I saw her smile at him…it’s as if my heart sank even more.

 

"How about you, Taemin care for some coffee?” that question came as a surprise for it was Son Naeun who asked.

 

“Ah…eh, nope, maybe, next time.” The coversation wasn’t even that clear since she previously declined his offer and suddenly, she is asking me if I would come.

 

“Well, I thought you're not available for coffee?” I then replied…I even saw her eyes squint a bit…pursed her lips and said, “What I’m trying to say is, if you want to come with him for coffee."

 

“Oh…yeah, but I mean, no… maybe next time.” And as I gave my last reply for that day, I saw that Myungsoo tuck a few strands of hair behind Naeun’s ear and that was more than enough reason for me to decline and not really accept that coffee invite.

 

 

 

******

 

 

It wasn’t too long when the meeting happened and now, we are here on another location for the shoot. Things happen a bit faster now, or maybe, I wasn’t really used to doing things this fast nowadays.

 

When Minah knew about the project, she definitely disliked the idea, but since there is no way that she can ever prevent me from doing this, her usual damn- if-you-do/damn-if-you-don’t attitude will secure its rightful place in the backseat. And she knows better. She can never ever disallow or force me to do anything, against my will….much more deal with my mother.

 

 

 It was around 8 in the morning, and the crews are finally setting up. From afar, I can see Naeun…and Myungsoo and they were rehearsing their lines…I then contented myself in the tent…sat comfortably in my foldable chair and tried to rehearse my lines…when I saw a middle-aged woman prepare something…

 

“Hmm excuse me, who's that for?” I asked with a smile.

 

“Ahh this? It's for Naeun-ssi…this will be the food she'll eat for breakfast. Myungsoo-ssi brought it for her.”

 

I saw a bowl of grains and fruits combined but then I saw something…

 

“Ah uhmm…omoni, wait…”

 

 

 

******

 

“O, omoni! Is this her breakfast?” Myungsoo asked and as I saw him walk off, I couldn’t help but look for Taemin. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t like the guy. But his presence seems to find its way right through me… I then saw him…a few meters from us…talking to the director…

 

”Maybe, he is really into film and stuff…maybe he's just really curious…” I thought. He was like that before…very inquisitive…always willing to ask questions… most especially, if it concerns his interests.

 

 

“Naeun?” Myungsoo called me.

“O..ah, yes?”

“Let's eat?” Myungsoo asked…I then smiled at him and as he led me to the table…I looked back and from there, I saw Taemin looking at me…he paid a soft smile but I simply looked the other way…

 

“Uhmm, omoni, where are the nuts in Naeun's cereal?”

 

“Huh? Wae? Is there a problem?” I asked,

 

“Ahmm it's just I asked that ahjumma a while ago to prepare this for you..but then I guess there's something that's missing.” Myungsoo then started scratching his head while the ahjumma reasoned out,

 

“Ahh it was there but I removed it."

 

“Huh? Wae? Why did you remove it?" Myungsoo asked.

 

“It's because that handsome guy over there said that nuts are bad for Naeun-ssi…he said she can't eat it.”

 

“Ah, wait, Myungsoo…let me take care of this…who said that?”

 

“It was that good-looking guy, named Lee Taemin.” And as soon as I heard the name, I glanced back at him and though this time, he is not looking…the idea that he still remembers this… quite surprised me.

 

As the day ensued and as sequences started rolling, the more I felt the need to be really comfortable around him…God knows how hard this has been for me, but since we are working now, I have no right to even question anything.

 

 

“This is work, Son Naeun…work.” I always try to remind myself.

 

 

******

 

“Cut!!!!” The director is slowly getting pissed…at me…and…him.

“What the hell is this? What are you doing guys!? We had a lot of takes already…and it's getting late…the scene is just easy right? You are in a relationship here, for Christ's sake, not that you look like you're grossed with each other.”

 

I remained standing and so was Taemin. He looked at me and I tried to veer my attention to the other side, “Look at that! There's no eye contact. And Taemin as well, look at how you hold her waist, it looks like ugh, whatever!!"

 

"What are you guys? 16 year-old? This is movie is not about being cutesy, this a serious drama and romance... Put a little bit of heat. Ireoke, ireoke.” He then walked toward us…

 

“Naeun-ssi, place your hands in Taemin-ssi's neck. While you, Taemin-ssi you place your arms in her waist. Move your bodies closer…not like that…move a little bit closer…then when you kiss her later lean to this side, so we’ll be able to get a better angle. Okay, there we have it…you have to be natural guys….and the eye contact. Maintain. The kiss should be passionate, full of love. ”

 

This is by far the hardest scene…for me. Kissing Naeun….oh, God knows how I want to taste those lips but since we are doing it again… after so many years…it feels like the first. I can’t help but remember the nervousness we both felt… when we did our first movie together…it took us several takes to perfect the shot…

 

"Naeun-ssi…I'm sorry about a while ago…please don't think that I’m taking advantage." Taemin awkwardly said.

 

“Don't worry about me, its work…it's needed for the movie and thank you." Naeun replied.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Thank you because…a while ago I felt safe…"

 

Don’t mind it, Naeun…kissing you…the first time…it felt right…it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter