H- 15

24 H.O.U.R.S

 

 

 

 

H O U R  1 5

 

 

 

 


 

 Jung Taekwoon

 

 

"Yah Lee Jaehwan, where are you dragging me to?"

"To the gift shop! Come on!"

"We can always go there by the next time."

"No we can't!"

"Why?"

"Cuz today is Mother's Day!"

I stopped in a middle of the walk, the little Jaehwan then turned back and looked at me in such a confuse look at the sudden stop before he could asked whether I'm fine or wasn't.

"Mother's Day?"

"Yeah!"

I didn't move a single muscle made him stared at me cautiously.

"Hmm? What's wrong, Taekwoon-ah? Something bothering you?"

I paused for a while.

What should I answer him? Should I tell him that my parents are prisoners? Should I tell him that I'd never see them after I was 5?

With a sigh I mumbled lowly, praying that he wouldn't hear it. "I don't have parents, Jaehwan-ah.." Only to leave the small brunette boy in speechless. Yup, I guess he heard that, clearly.

"R-really... I'm sorry Taekwoon-ah... I didn't mean it..." Breathlessly he mumbled back uncomfortably.

Chuckled. "It's okay. It's understandable.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"I'm sorry Taekwoon-ah, maybe I can send you back and shopping alo-"

"No, I'll company you." I cut him before he could speak more.

"Really?" I nodded, he sighed with a weak smile then lead us to the nearby gift shop.

"Hmm.. What should I buy for mommy.." Jaehwan tapped his chin with his index finger wondering what should he pick for his beloved mother. I looked at him standing on a same spot for a couple minutes until I groanded silently, took a small card written 'Mom! Whatever you do don't read this!' and a cookie at a back of the store then quickly shove into his empty 'waiting' hands. He stared at the items in his palms confusedly, then at me with 'why?' in his eyes.

"Just write some simple yet meaningful message and hand her this cookie.." Bluntly I said to him emotionlessly. It took times until he suddenly grinned widely, eyes sparkled with joy as he finally reacted. "Gosh Taekwoon-ah that's brilliant!" He ran to the counter and paid them. We walked out from the store and straightly heading to the nearest ice-cream stall since Jaehwan begging me to pour some idea to write the message, and since both of us kind of craving for that sweet thing either.

Jaehwan groaned frustratedly after minutes of trying to produce a single sentence but failed, at the end throwing his hands to his head in defeated. "Yah stop groaning." Mumbled me as my tongue busy the melting ice cream before it could reach the cone.

"Taekwoon, there's no idea left in my head! I need help!" His cries makes me laughed invincibly. Cute.

"I bought my mom a boutique of roses for Mother's  Day! What did you get yours?" We heard the nearest kids around our ages have an ongoing conversation in a small group.

"My whole family decided to share our special gift for her! A luxury hand watch! It's really pretty, my sister really did chose well!"

"It's the same gift as my dad decided to give for my mom too!"

"I bet our moms will gonna like our gifts!"

 

Pfft. Wealthy kids.

Rolling my eyes, I brought back my gaze to the small latter next to me, only to realized that he already hung his head low as if he was staring at his feet. I nudged at him in a manner asking what's wrong, he gently shook his head. Oh I know what's wrong.

He simple felt down in front of that wealthy brats.

"Hey, stop worrying. You'll do fine." I reassured.

He slowly looked into my eyes, a small pout formed on his lips which I think it's really funny and cute. He said "What will mommy do if she see this cheap stuff for her present?"

Scoffed. "Stupid presents are mean nothing Jaehwan-ah. It only burneded you. What Important thing is the love you pour with words in that card you bought is enough to make your mom happy, that's it. I guess....?"

The same eyes of him were still on mine, only the pout started to fade away.

Sighed. "You should be glad.. That you still have parents around you.. You know.." It was finally my turn to stare at my feet, confused whether I feel embarrased or sad with the truth.

"You're right, I'm sorry..." Trailed off Jaehwan, but I doesn't mind to reply. "At least you can share the cookie with your mom..  mean look at them. One of them bought roses which it will definitely dead by the next morning, some of them bought an extremely expensive watches but who knows after they did that the cashes on their bank went zero or something." It only received a hysterical laugh and nods from Jaehwan as I bluntly spoke again.

"Aha! I think I got one!" Jaehwan jumped from his seat almost suddenly, had wondering me why does he acted like that out of blue. I kept staring at him shifting from side to side searching for something in his back pack, a pencil, then started to write something with his messy handwritting on a card he bought minutes ago. He later showed it to me excitedly, surprising me is that he held the same pencil into my direction.

I was about to ask him but the small brunette cut off rather quickly, "You should write some too, to fulfill the white spaces on a card!" He exclaimed with a beam.

I was too busy startled at his action but he soon get tired of me acting oh-so-surprise and forcefully handed the pencil in my hand then motioned me to write. My eyes still couldn't tear off of him as I kept staring at him with a same 'expression', funny that I called my face with that word. Do I even have one?

"But I'm not her son.."

This time he's the one who scoffed. "It's like you're not close with my mommy. She even treat you better than she did to me even I'm her own son!" A small laughs left from me made him pout his lips annoyingly, but later laughed along until I broke the scenery. I nodded, then started to write that something simple yet meaningful message.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ Friday ; 11:20PM ; 15:20:43 ]

 

 

 

It was cold. The hallway seem to get a lot colder as the time is almost reach to midnight, based on my wrist watch. The blazer doesn't seem to heat me in this kind of temperature, I tried to hold the shivering body of mine as I keep my paces forward to nowhere. Nowhere until I stopped my feet in front of this one room; a school's office. Where they kept students profile and records at. 

 

A school office.

 

Slide the door open, I sneaked in the large room eyeing the whole place carefully. I was thinking, well maybe it wasn't a perfect time to do this, but curiosity of knowing my own record is so strong that I need to know what are they look like. You know, bad records. As if I have one.

 

I my home room teacher's computer as I wait for it to completely ready, I brought the mouse clicking to every files and searching for what I seek. It didn't took too long, I proceed my gaze searching for my name after I finally found the file I've been looking for.

 

Aha, Jung Taekwoon.

 

I read every details of my profile but it seems normal to me. Nothing odd, just perfectly normal. Nothing important to be told since it was my privacy. I should not interrupted the other students' files cuz it's illegal action and I might get expel from school immediately, but my fingers won't listen to my brain system. My index finger kept scrolling up and down searching for someone's name with so much eager.

 

Cha Hakyeon.

 

Lives in Gimpo, old school location somewhere around Gimpo too, the only child in family, and have an amateur mental problem.

 

......

 

What?

 

I read the same sentence over and over again as the information printed inside my head.


He have a mental disorder? 

 

And then the door slid opened.

 

"Oh my goodness you startled me! Yah what are you doing in here, you brat!" Mr. Wu yelled at me.

 

Mr. Wu? H-how did he get here!?

 

As I hoarsely tried to tell something to Mr. Wu he shove me off away as he heading to his desk, mumbling that the lights won't work and such.

 

"I've left my files here so I came back to take it home. Anyway, why are you still in school when a whole building is dark?"

 

I heard he mumbling again that why every doors are locked that he had to climb the emergency staircase outside to the rooftop to get here, as his hands are picking up every files and walk past through me.

 

Wait a minute, so was it him back then? 

 

"Hey, wait a minute. Why are you sitting on miss Minah's work desk? Don't tell me you're trying to seek for future exam sheets!" He pulled me off the chair, I saw his teeth gritting each other as he spoke to me. I shook my head in denied. I know I did something wrong but I'm not that worse!

 

"How did you know her passwords?" 

 

Huh?

 

"How can you access the site if you act like you know nothing? Gosh, I knew it you're one of a big problem in school. Do you know that I can bring you up to a police case if you break in school's system like this, Jung Taekwoon?"

 

Uhh, clearly becauce she put a sticky note on her computer with a scribble of alphabets and numbers which I thought it would be so obviously her security password? Can you believe it that I can still able to see them in such a dark place? Laugh Out Loud.

 

I pulled away my arms off his strong grip as I clamped my palms, hoping he understand my quick apology. It took a couple of minutes before he gave up with a loud sigh escaped from his thin lips.

 

We were walking on a dark hallway where none of us talk a word as I follow the older man's lead. 

 

To nowhere again, I guess.

 

Mr. Wu kept mumbling something that I couldn't catch a thing and also something that I wouldn't mind to care, we both roamed our eyes over the floor we're at with so much careful.

 

I mean, we have to be careful since it was way too dark that we couldn't even see what's coming out next in front of us. Like he said earlier, there was no light in this building that we're all having a hard time to adjust our eyes to the darkness. Well, I had no idea if he actually know what was really happening around here anyway. Should I tell him?

 

Then we bumped with someone who's just come out from nowhere that made all of us fall on our feet with a loud thud.

 

"Shi- what the?" Mr Wu fished in his trouser pocket for his cellphone to lighten up and see what's in front of him.

 

"Lee Minhyuk?" 


 
"Mr. Wu?"

 

Mr. Wu stood up almost immediately.


 
"Oh my god it actually you! What are you doing here?" 


 
That guy named Lee Minhyuk stood up with a huge grin escaped from his thin lips as Mr. Wu kept patting his shoulder in a friendly way. Urgh what the hell is happening here?

 

"Yah Jung Taekwoon. This guy in front of you is a good person for you to take an example. He used to be a top student in our school." Commented Mr. Wu proudly.

 

This Lee Minhyuk guy extend his hand towards me, I then returned his gesture hesitantly before we broke the contact quickly, yet our gaze on each other never once break away until now.

 

"I was looking for my younger brother Sanghyuk. He wasn't home just yet so I thought he would still be around here or somewhere."

 

Wait, what? Sanghyuk? Sanghyuk as if the Han Sanghyuk he was talking about? I'd never know Sanghyuk have an older brother next to her older sister?

 

"Did you report on his missing to the police station?" 

 

"The police won't take a bulge if it's not a twenty four hour missing, unfortunately." Sighed the stranger guy.

 

"That's an awful thing."

 

"I know.. Our mom have been so worried for his sudden lost."

 

As they both were busying having a small conversation, my eyes suddenly dropped onto something that I wasn't unexpected to see at this rate.

 

This Lee Minhyuk guy was actually wearing our school uniform. Why would an ex-student of our school still wearing a school uniform where we the still high school student were always thinking or planning to tore this clothes off of us all the time?

 

And then I realized that there was Han Sanghyuk's name on it.

 

What the....?

 

"Hey, you're Taekwoon right? A friend of Sanghyuk.. Do you have any idea where have he been?" That Minhyuk guy asked me all of sudden. Is it me or I think there was a hidden intention in his gaze on me. 

 

But then I remembered.

 

Wonshik saids the killer he saw back then was wearing an all black outfits.

 

Sanghyuk was found wearing them but his eyes was plug out, so it's impossible he would be the killer when he was with us for the entire time before we once separated our ways.

 

And this guy exclaimed himself as Sanghyuk's older brother when they have a huge differences of their first name unless if one of Sanghyuk's parent remarried with a new person and have a son.

 

So this guy before me who wore Sanhyuk's uniform might be....

 

"Hey, are you alright?" Said the stranger guy.

 

Might be...

 

He was bringing his hand towards me.

 

The killer! !

 

I pushed him away drew him far from us as I grab Mr. Wu's arm and run. Mr. Wu tried to stop me for multiple times but I didn't stop my paces even a bit, I ran away madly like the path is the only way for us to survive until he tore his arm away from my grip with a strong pull that make both of us stopped.

 

"What is wrong with you, Jung Taekwoon!?"

 

"Hhh-hh- ekk-ehh!" (He's a killer!) I tired to tell the older man but he disapproved with a confused knot of his eyebrows, he clearly don't understand what was my message was. Wrong, no one did understand it once I tried to talk! Damn it!

 

'He's. A. Killer!' I mouthed him instead. Come on, it wasn't so hard to read my mouth! That Lee Minhyuk guy is a killer you brat!

 

"What? He's a gill-er?"

 

Arghh! Damn it! Is there even have a 'giller' word in dictionary!? No , it's a killer! Killer! Wait wait wait, that Lee Minhyuk guy might hear us. We have to move! I his hand again to lead him somewhere safe but he pulled his hand away again.

 

"No, I'm not going with you!"

 

Alright, fine then! Next time I'm not gonna save your sorry !

 

I ran away leaving the clueless old brat alone in a middle of a dark hallway as I continually ran to save my life. Save... Oh no, Jaehwan and Sanghyuk. I ran back to the class where I leaved my classmate and my friends at praying that they would be just fine when I'm gone for a while. But I know it was all wrong as soon as I stepped inside the classroom as a heartbreaking situation directly registered into my sight.

 

Jaehwan..

He was crying mess.

 

Immediately I ran towards him asking him what's wrong but he wouldn't even have guts to answer. It only made him crying even worst.

 

'Jae-'

 

Jaehwan was hugging tightly a body in his embrace.

It was Sanghyuk.

 

What happened to Sanghyu-

 

Wait... Does this mean..

No...

 

"I'm sorry for leaving you behind... Please come back....." Cried Jaehwan as wild tears running down to his chin violently. That was enough for me to understand the situation.

 

It was set me automatically seat on my knees as the unfamiliar words comes into my head. Our friend is dead, right in front of us in such a horrible way.

 

Crystal tears suddenly dropped from my blinking eyes, my eyes wanted to look for anything else but I couldn't. I'm a bad friend. Firstly, I can't even call for help when our chance was so gold back then but I'm too afraid to fight back the stranger below us; secondly, I've hit him with a chair when he doesn't even have a sight to look what's coming to him; thirdly, I kept staring at his dead body before me and here I am who is simply stare at him and act nothing. Mr. Wu was right.

 

 

 

What is wrong with me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been like forever, none of us know for how long did we cried over a sudden lost of our friend, but Jaehwan was already calm himself from the violent cried he had moment ago. Well, he was actually still crying but he could at least control the sobs evenly now. So was I. But still I couldn't tear my eyes away from the cold body in Jaehwan's loose embrace, I can see the color of Sanghyuk's skin was getting paler each minutes past.

 

"It just like yesterday we met him, aren't we?" Mumbled him lowly.

 

A quite sigh escaped from me, trying to ignore his random topic.

 

"After you left us... Sanghyuk tried to tell me something." He continued.

 

I kept staring in him as I wait for him to go on. 

 

He sighed. "He wrote an alphabet... With his pre-dry blood on a floor... 'H' it is. I... I just don't have an idea what was he trying to mean." He bit his lips.

 

"But I think it must be someone's name, I'm sure of it."

 

A name started with an 'H'?

 

.....

 

Hakyeon?

 

"I think you were right about Hakyeon.. Maybe he's the one who started everything. But.."

 

But?

 

"I tried to ask him several more questions about our suspicious towards him after I forcefully dragged him out from the classroom, in a same time that was the moment where I left Sanghyuk alone, I asked him why does he acted so weirdly every time and why does he drew that creepy drawing you told me before. But he only answered that he had a minor health problem that he tried to control it and he's sorry for creeping you out with his likes, he added that he only acted like that when he put too much interest on something. And he swore that nothing was his fault that every happened. When he told me that he wasn't angry, nor was he panic. Not even calm on his face either, his face was unable to read when we're done talking. Later when we came back to the classroom and approached Sanghyuk, he wasn't moving anymore or making a weird sound. A-and his body temperature was cold..." Jaehwan continued with his eyes went lower until it met a floor with a regret eyes. 

 

Health problem.. One information has been confirmed.

I looked around for a while before I brought back my eyes to meet him. What about Hakyeon? Where is he?

 

"When I turned back Hakyeon was no where to be found." He ended his speeches as he brought his eyes back on me, I guess he read my eyes and knowing what was I questioning myself. I sighed again for the second time. No, I don't think that was my second one for today and I'm so sure of it. Sanghyuk was dead and Hakyeon was gone. That's ing great.

 

Oh ! I forgot to tell something important!

 

I tapped his shoulder lightly gaining his attention, I hand language him that I found someone who wearing Sanghyuk's uniform and I thought he would be the killer or the psychopath Wonshik found back then. Or even perhaps he's the one who sewed the three unlucky students' mouths to mute and put us all here in this school again. He jolted his body quite immediately as soon as he catch my message with round eyes.

 

"Where!?"

 

'Down there with Mr. Wu around school office.' Mouth me at him.

 

"Who was it- Wait, what? What the hell Mr. Wu doing here?"

 

'He told me that he forgot his 'home works' so that's why he was here. I can tell that he knows nothing about this .'

 

"Oh no we gotta save him!" Urged him.

 

I snorted. Save him? After he said that to me?

 

"Urgh Jung Taekwoon I know you hate him so much but he's our teacher, we have to help him! He's in danger!" Urged him again, in much pleading way this time.

 

I groaned frustratedly, fine. I sometimes can't against him when he gets a good point. With an annoying rolling eyes I did he already understand that I'm with him. Without wasting more time we stood on our feet, but before we could move out we both knew that we have to say a sad farewell to our friend for the last time.

 

"Good- goodbye, Han Sanghyuk. May you rest in peace in heaven" said Jaehwan before he leave the poor body quickly, knowing that he will cry for another round if he stay longer.

 

Han Sanghyuk.... I stared at his bloody eyes with so much guilty, Jaehwan was right. You're a great kid and strong; be good at up there too. I promise you that I'll catch that killer and put him behind a cell,

 

I promised

Farewell, Sanghyuk...

 

I took my steps out from the classroom and I determined myself to not look back anymore.

 

I have to be strong, so as Jaehwan.

 

"W-was I too rough?" What was Jaehwan tried to mention was the way he bid his 'goodbye' to a dead body behind us, I have a hard time to search for that answer that I couldn't open my mouth even a bit. "N-nevermind.. Come on. W-we gotta go." I picked up his pace as I walked away from where we will leave Sanghyuk rest forever with so much heavy heart.

 

Don't worry, I will hold my words from now on.

 

I will catch that Lee Minhyuk guy somehow, just you wait.

 

Lee Minhyuk, Cha Hakyeon or whatsover..

 

I'm gonna get you guys and end this at all cost, whatever happens.

 

 

 

Whatever happens.

 

 

 

 




 

[A/N]:- OMG FINALLY I'M BACK ONCE AGAIN AFTER MONTHS I LEFT IT PENDING. SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU GUYS WAITING FOR A LONG PERIOD, I REALLY MEAN IT ~(TT3TT)~

 

So.... Leo met Mr. Kris the discipline teacher and Minhyuk who he thought he would be the psychopath that snatched them to the school once again. Do you ever expect that part coming? No? Good then. xD And Hyuk was died in this story plus with Ken's ugly childish cries on his lost, just imagined. (I just feel so bad at them even it was just a fanfic, I'm sorry but I had to cuz this was a part of the story I'm gonna write TT3TT) & N sudden lost, where the hell did he go? Why did he leave when Jaehwan was busy with crying on a dead body of Hyuk? So much questioning parts huh? LOL

So yeah, tell me what did you think about this chapter,it's a really heartwarming if you did cuz I need a comment for a better chapter next time! <3

Do subscribe for more unexpected plots for new readers.

& as for the already-subscribed readers, just keep calm & enjoy the story! Love you guys! (If you like it you can always upvote this story anyway. LOL xD)