Five

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun continued to text Kibum all weekend, his texts sounding more and more worried and curious, but he never got a reply. Kibum was on lock down at home, stuck in his room 'studying' the way his parents wanted him to. He thought back to last night, when he got home from the cafe, the way his parents looked when he found them in the living room of their house. They both looked scary to Kibum, sitting there silently with stern faces.

Apparently Kibum had received a letter from the university yesterday, an acceptance letter into his major. Which, to his parents' disappointment, wasn't medical science. Even though he didn't study hard enough in high school to get into the medical program, his parents still expected him to do it. 

Instead, Kibum choose to go into fashion, the way he wanted to. Kibum argued with them, telling them that he wasn't a minor anymore, they couldn't just open his mail for him. Of course they didn't listen; they didn't care. All they cared about was that Kibum was disappointing them again, and they argued with him all night, trying to convince him to do what they wanted him to.

Kibum didn't even try to argue; he just shut his mouth and sat silently as they verbally attacked him about school and about the terrible choices he was making. He tried to tune them out, but it didn't really work. He heard them, but it looked like he wasn't listening. Eventually they relented, sending a broken Kibum to his room to study harder, because maybe next year you can get into the program, it's not too late.

Kibum just wanted them to give up.

The next night, he had locked the door to his room, and instead of sitting at his desk and studying like his parents wanted him to, he was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes, but they never fell. 

Kibum hadn't cried in a very long time; he had learned not to. It only made his parents more angry. They weren't exactly the 'feeling' type of people. Both were doctors, which was why they wanted him to become one as well. As though it was a family profession.

Kibum groaned in frustration, rolling onto his side and taking Jonghyun's phone from off his bedside table. His parents had tried to confiscate his phone, but he managed to convince them not to take it. It wasn't even his, they couldn't take it from him.

5 new messages from Jonghyun, Kibum noted. He furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes, reading through the texts. 

Sat., 3:45 pm
I was just kidding, you don't have to tell me your name if you don't want to :(

Sun., 1:30 pm
Are you mad at me??

Why is he so persistent? Kibum thought with a frown. He scrolled through the rest of the texts, heartbeat quickening slightly at their content.

Sun., 5:00 pm
Hey... are you okay?

Sun., 5:20 pm
Can you just let me know if you're okay or not? I'm actually worried...

Mon., 1:45 am
If you're just ignoring me, seriously...

Kibum rolled onto his stomach, reading through the texts again. It was almost like Jonghyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter