Fourteen

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun ducked into the lecture hall he and Kibum shared for the day, hands in his pockets as he slumped into his seat near the middle of the room. He had prepared himself for another day of being avoided by Kibum, still cursing at himself for what had happened earlier that morning. He hadn't slept at all, like he expected; he couldn't stop thinking about ways to fix what had happened, but he still hadn't thought of anything useful.

The chair next to Jonghyun's squeaked as it was pulled backwards, causing Jonghyun to perk up slightly before sinking in his seat again. Just Minho.

Noticing his tired state, Minho asked, "What did you do this time, hyung?"

"He's too much for me, Minho. I can't handle myself when I'm around him," Jonghyun groaned.

"Jesus, hyung, what did you--"

"Hyunnie." A voice Jonghyun knew by heart as Kibum's spoke from behind the pair. Kibum gave Jonghyun a wary smile before sitting in the seat next to him and grabbing the elder's hand.

"Kibum?"

"Morning," the younger mumbled, pulling his notebooks out of his bag with his free hand. "How'd you sleep?"

Jonghyun would have laughed sarcastically if he wasn't so shocked. "Fine. Are you okay?"

"Never been better," Kibum said with a sweet smile. "Your place again tonight?"

Jonghyun stared at Kibum with a dumb look on his face for a moment, processing what he had heard, before replying slowly, "Yeah, of course."

"Good." Kibum grinned. "I'm sleeping over tonight."

Something about the way Kibum was acting bothered Jonghyun. After what had happened, Kibum would have been at least quiet, less responsive. From Jonghyun's experience of the younger, it took him much more than a few hours to get over things.

From his other side, Minho gave him a weird look, to which he responded with a confused shrug. Kibum spent the entire lecture holding Jonghyun's hand, turning it over in his lap and tracing the lines, as though he was memorizing it. Needless to say, this was distracting for Jonghyun, who couldn't stop wondering what had gotten into Kibum.

He was weird. When the lecture ended, he pulled Jonghyun up with him to quickly leave campus, that same unsure smile plastered on his face the whole time. When they got to Jonghyun's apartment, he finally stopped for Jonghyun to unlock the door, which he did, but he led Kibum by the arm into the kitchen, where he got the younger a glass of water.

"Kibum," Jonghyun started slowly, "what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Kibum asked, voice too cheery. "Nothing's going on."

"You're acting weird. Is it because of what happened last night?"

Kibum's smile faltered for a moment. "I'm not acting weird."

"Yeah, you are." Jonghyun sighed, leaning forward on the kitchen counter. "What's the matter, Bum? You ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter