Eleven

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So," Minho started slowly. "You're really into guys now, huh?" 

Jonghyun was walking with Minho to the class they shared with Kibum, the older male's mouth was running a mile a minute as he told the other about Kibum. "Not guys," Jonghyun insisted. "It's Kim Kibum." 

"Your point being?" Minho directed a bored look at Jonghyun while pushing open the door to the lecture hall. 

Jonghyun could've sworn his heart stopped at the sight of Kibum, sitting in his usual spot. "Just look at him," he groaned. "He's just... perfect, there's no other way to explain it." 

"Yeah, whatever. Just remember not to be an , hyung." 

"I'm not an ," Jonghyun protested. 

Minho sighed. "Yeah, well, we'll see how long this one lasts, and then you can talk." 

Jonghyun glared in response. "Yeah, we'll see." He walked ahead of Minho, heading towards Kibum's seat. Luckily enough, there were a few open seats next to him, so Jonghyun gestured for Minho to follow. 

"Hey Bummie," Jonghyun said cheerily, standing a little too close to Kibum, who was currently slouched forward on the table with his head on his arms. 

"If I throw a stick, will you leave?" 

Minho snorted, earning an elbow in the side from Jonghyun, who made a move to ruffle Kibum's hair. 

"I know you're happy to see me, Kibum. Say what you will," Jonghyun grinned as Kibum lifted his head from the table, a sleepy and irritated look on his face. The latter's eyes glanced at the taller male next to Jonghyun, his expression changing to a more guarded, cautious look. Noticing this, Jonghyun flashed what he hoped was a comforting smile. 

"This is Minho," Jonghyun said, nodding toward the other. "Careful not to trip on the pole up his ." 

Kibum cracked a small smile, glancing at Minho shyly with a small bow. Minho nodded back, his eyes wandering across the room. Apparently, they found what they were looking for. 

"Hey, hyung, I'll catch up with you later, okay?" Minho's eyes were locked on something--or someone-- across the room, to where he quickly jogged over and slung an arm around a short girl who Jonghyun had never seen before. 

"Huh," Jonghyun said with a short laugh. "So he actually did have a date." 

"Hmm?" Kibum hummed next to him, chin leaning in his hands with his eyes half-closed. 

"And here I thought he was just doing me a favor." 

"What are you going on about?" Kibum yawned out. 

Jonghyun grinned. "Our date this weekend." 

Kibum's eyes snapped open before narrowing into a glare. "That wasn't a date." 

"Then what was it?" Jonghyun challenged, leaning closer. It was now or never, he thought. He was going to make Kibum admit he was interested in him. 

"Just two friends, hanging out." 

Jonghyun snorted, leaning back in his seat again with his hands behind his head. "I'm pretty sure you told me we're not friends. It was a date, Bummie, stop trying to fight it." 

"No it wasn't," Kibum retorted. 

"You can argue with anyone about anything," Jonghyun replied with a for-show sigh, shaking his head. 

"No I can't." 

With a laugh, Jonghyun argued back, "You just proved my point." 

"No I didn't," Kibum pouted. "Stop trying to confuse me." 

"Just admit it was a date then," Jonghyun said, nudging the other in the side. Kibum was so cute when he got all worked up, so he couldn't resist. 

"Never. You never even asked me out on a date, and therefore, it wasn't a date." Kibum nodded, proud of his logic. 

"Will you go on a date with me?" 

Kibum blushed this time, sputtering, "N-no way, forget about it!" 

"Why not? You like me, I like you. What's there to lose?"

Kibum just continued to pout. Jonghyun took it as a good sign that he didn't argue, feeling slightly giddy at the idea of Kibum liking him, that he actually had a chance with the younger.

"It's settled then! After class, we're going on a date."

"I thought I told you no."

"But your eyes told me yes."

Kibum wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Since when were you so cheesy?"

"Since the moment my eyes landed on you, darling. So where do you want to go on our date?"

"You're impossible," Kibum sighed, exasperated.

"We'll start out slow. Coffee and a walk in the park." Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter