Four

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Jonghyun woke up with a smile on his face. Remembering the previous night, he chuckled to himself. Kibum had already caught Jonghyun's full interest, and that short (and admittedly meaningless) conversation just made him want to get to know him more. He quietly congratulated himself for the success of his plan. He got Kibum's attention, now all he had to do was catch his interest.

So his first attempt would be to text the other all weekend. If nothing else, he could annoy the other to the point of being memorable. Not exactly ideal, but Jonghyun would take what he could get. And if that failed, well, they had a class together every other day, so it wouldn't be too difficult to find a way to get on the boy's good side.

Jonghyun stretched his limbs and rubbed his eyes of sleep, slowly getting out of bed and taking a shower. He left his hair alone after he was done, since he didn't really care if it was messy on the weekends. He quickly threw on a white t-shirt, dark jeans, and sneakers before opening the door to his apartment and heading down the stairs, which lead to the back of the cafe.

Jinki, Jonghyun's roommate, boss, and coworker, was already getting things set up in the cafe, setting out the pastries and turning on all the machines. Jonghyun threw on his apron and gave Jinki a wave, going to the front of the cafe and putting out the OPEN sign and unlocking the door. Within five minutes, customers were filtering through the door and Jonghyun went to work making drinks and socializing with the customers.

Jonghyun loved his job. Granted, he didn't get paid much for it; Jinki let him work in the cafe to pay his rent, although he got a little money on the side. But still, it kept him busy, and he met tons of nice people who had become regulars of the cafe. It was a great part time job, and he couldn't ask for better, but it definitely wasn't what he wanted to do in the long run. No, Jonghyun wanted to be a musician. He never really performed for many people other than Jinki or Minho, but they told him he had real talent, although Jonghyun couldn't say for sure whether or not it was just lip service.

Talent or not, Jonghyun loved it, which was why he was currently going to university for music performance and composition. He was technically in his first year, although he should have been in his second by now, but he took a year off to figure out what he really wanted to do, without the influence and biases of other people to make the decision for him. He almost enrolled in university to study science, and he shudders at the thought of that, now that he's doing something he really loves.

As Jonghyun was talking with one of the regulars at the cafe, a nice grandma who always came for tea and knitting, the bell o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter