Getting Closer

Orange Twilight

In order to find some new feeling in practicing, Ms. Kwon suggested Orenji to practice not only in school music room, but to try another place as well. And they decided to choose Eunji’s house and Yongguk’s uncle’s studio as their alternative place to practice. As Eunji’s father is a musician and composer, they had a small studio inside their house. And Yongguk’s uncle run a small music studio near Idae.

Every time they practiced in Eunji’s house, they were always welcomed so nice by Jung’s, especially Jung Jihoo, Eunji’s and Daehyun’s father. He often joined Orenji, watching their practices and gave some comments and suggestions here and there and the kids accepted his help in pleasure as they knew that he was a professional in music field. And out of every boy in Orenji, Jung Jihoo was getting close with Yongguk since they had same passion in music. Once Yongguk talked about music with Eunji’s father, they would get too immersed and kept discussing even until the day got darker and the rest of Orenji member has gone home. Not only in music field, after some chitchatting they had, they found out that they had other similarities in liking soccer game, playing chess, they even fond of talking about today’s issues such as politics, economics, socials, and so on. Thus, Eunji’s father felt like meeting his alter ego in younger version and so did Yongguk. Vice versa.

While Eunji, she had another new interest of guitar bass thus she learnt it directly from Himchan. Hence, when Yongguk was chitchatting with Jung Jihoo, Himchan kept staying as well teaching Eunji how to play bass guitar. Whilst, Yoseob spent their rest time by playing game console in Daehyun’s room. Those last two were such game-maniac after all.

Orenji member was enjoying to practice in Jung’s house. And Eunji found this as another new thing in her life as she knew it very well that her father was such a daughter’s complex dad. He used to hate any boy staying close to his daughter. But now that he met Orenji member, he seemed like believing them eventually and letting them to befriend with Eunji.

As each day passed, they got closer and closer as if they’ve become a new family sharing their thoughts, sad and laughter, and Eunji felt like she had three new brothers in her life beside Daehyun.

***

 

Whilst, her relationship with Junhyung seemed getting apart since their last awkward moment in amusement park. They could barely talk even though they sat next to each other at class. Junhyung seemed like avoiding her and she herself was not ready yet to have any interaction with him. Yet she kept wondering of what she was for him and what he was for her. Why did he try to kiss her that moment? Why did she reject him? Why did he look so disappointed at her rejection?

And destiny played with them as Eunji and Junhyung had to go to infirmary in same time as they got some injuries from PE class. They was playing dodge ball but Junhyung got slipped on the floor when trying to catch the ball thus he strained his ankle, while Eunji got hit by direct ball right on her nose and of course she got nosebleed.

They both sit on the beds next to each other awkwardly, and everything got more awkward when the infirmary teacher left them alone for a teacher meeting.

They have never been this awkward before.

If only they never had that silly almost-kissing-scene, they must be hissing each other and had some bickering here and there. But there they were, witting on each bed clumsily, avoiding each stares, fiddling with their own finger in exact same gesture. Eunji with cotton gauze plugging up her nose and Junhyung with bandage over his injured ankle. Sometimes they stole a glare at each other when the other party was looking at another direction, vice versa.

They kept silent for some couple minutes, no one dare to take any initiative to talk first for both of them.

“How is….”

“How is….”

What a classic jinx, when they start talking in unison, and ended up making the whole thing getting more awkward.

“You first,” he gestured her.

“No, you first.”

“Lady’s first,” he said firmly, and she could only pursed her lips into a thin line as her defeat.

“How is your ankle?” she finally mouthed her question. Thus, his eyes widened seeing her worry over him. He felt something jittery in his heart noticing her obvious concern about him.

“I think I should worry you more…,” he gestured at her nose—her plugged nose.

By that, she was just realizing what situation she was in and eventually pulled up a blanket covering her face in ashamed. Geez, what kind of lady having her nose plugged by cotton in front of a man that was supposed to be her… crush? Eunji mentally cursed herself behind the blanket, while she could hear him chuckling because of her cute embarrassment.

“Don’t laugh!” she yelled as a pillow flew and slammed right over his laughing face, silenced him eventually—just for a moment.

“Yah! What are you doing!” he threw back a pillow to her, successfully hit her side though she was trying to dodge it by the blanket. Thus she threw another pillow at him, and so did he, they then ended up playing pillow fight until the pillows they had were torn up and the feather inside scattered and flew everywhere inside the infirmary. But the two didn’t care at all as they had making up for their awkward problem and back having this kind of Tom and Jerry relationship as usual.

Though, every blissful moment wouldn’t last too long….

“Yong-goon, Jung-yang! What did you just do here?!” their infirmary teacher has just back from the meeting in such an anger and they knew that they were going to get some detentions because of the mess they made.

***

 

Eunji almost thought that Himchan would cancel their practicing session when she found him sleeping soundly on the couch in music room. It was not a practicing as Orenji for the upcoming competition, but Eunji personally asked him to teach her bass guitar thus Himchan and her set to have a meet once a week after school in music room.

She sat on the couch near his head, watching him carefully, didn’t dare to wake him up. He looked so tired in his slumber, yet Eunji could see his angelic side for the first time since Kim Himchan was such a fussy ahjumma in his conscious. At least Eunji finally admitted of why girls around their school going crazy because of him. He was indeed so goodlooking and had such a fair skin many girls would envy him. His eyelashes were long compared to other boys, and she found it pretty.

He sometimes shifted in his slumber, but didn’t wake up at all. She was about to get away and just left Himchan sleeping there, canceling their practicing time. But Himchan then shifted closer to her and somehow managed to lay his head over her lap. She was stiffened and could do nothing because of his sudden movement. She could feel his warmth against her lap and how he stirred on her lap to comfort his position and almost lifting up her uniform skirt.

Eunji tried hard to keep her skirt in its place by awkwardly gripping its hem tightly. She was nervous and blushing hard because of their current position even though she didn’t have that kind of feeling toward Himchan. However it indeed felt awkward when another boy beside her sibling or family slept on a girl’s lap. And it was her first time letting another boy beside Daehyun to sleep on her lap.

After all, she didn’t want to let their awkward position for longer time thus she tried to poke his cheek to wake him up. He only grunted deeply, so then Eunji poke him harder until he finally opened his eyes flutterly.

So slowly, until his gaze met up with her eyes and he could only blink several times ensuring himself that he was not dreaming by seeing a pretty girl this close right above his head. He didn’t even notice who the girl was and just awing the sight he saw right after he just waking up as if he was looking at an angel.

“Yah! Kim Himchan, get up! Get away from my lap!”

Her voice snapped him off from his daydreaming and he eventually jolted up but unfortunately they forehead bumped to each other gaining some grunting from both of them.

“Ouch, that’s hurt!” she smacked his shoulder by reflex gaining another moan from him while her other hand was pressing her painful forehead.

“Urgh, you sure have such a stone head and sting hand, Princess,” Himchan rubbed his forehead as well as his smacked shoulder, crouching on the couch beside her in pain. He was fully awake because of their bumping head and her attack just now.

“Get off, why did you sleep on my lap anyway, Chan-ah?” she grunted at him casually.

But the boy was stiffened when he was reminded that he has just slept on her lap. Backfacing her, he pressed his sudden thumping heart because of this unpredictable moment they had. Never did he feel this kind of feeling before. Moreover, to a very close friend he supposed as his own sister. Himchan never thought that Eunji could make his heart beating this fast and making him to feel this fluttered. His ears going deaf for a moment thus he could barely hear anything she said to him or even remembering that he had to teach her playing bass guitar.

And there he just unconsciously scooted outside the room, leaving Eunji bewildered because the boy didn’t pay attention at her rambling about his sleeping habit and their practicing plan.

“What’s wrong with you, Channie?” she shouted right before he closed the door behind him.

And he was asking same question to himself, what’s wrong with me?

***

 

 


A/N: Anyone missed this story? *slapped* I'm so sorry for taking too much time to update this story~~TwT I'm not forgetting this story, I'm just too impulsive  and too drowned in my other story and somehow losing my feeling toward this one.... And, thanks to my subscribers who always wait so patiently over this story. I'm sure I will finish this story until the end so you don't have to worry and please be more patient on me.... >< I feel like my writing style in this story is changed... isn't it? :\a

Anyway, serve you YongJi moment and ChanJi moment here~~*wink* So, who do you think Eunji will end up with? *smirk* And let me know, who's your favorite OTP from this story? :") Tbh, I personally like every ChanJi moment in this story (don't ask me whether he will be the man for Eunji or not, kkk)~~ ;)

Picture credits to anime "La Corda d'Oro".