I Hate You, Literally

Orange Twilight

Jung Eunji came to school together with her twin, Jung Daehyun, as usual. They’ve been in same class since their first grade, since their junior high, elementary, preschool—sure they’re always been together, one heartbeat since they’re in their mom’s womb. Though they’re twins and somehow their looks alike, they had different characters at some points.

Eunji known as a cheerful and happy-go-lucky girl who always been so bubbly and could be fussy and childish sometimes. While her twin was on calm type, talk less, mature, acted indifferent, but he could be nagging too much and very sharp tongue for anyone who annoyed him. Daehyun was approved for his sweet good looks and he really paid attention on his own visual. Girls would say he was a sweet-cold-city-guy type.

Their friends believed that Daehyun was the older sibling and Eunji the younger one from their personality. However truth was the opposite. Eunji was born five minutes earlier than Daehyun so she was the noona. They called each other on given name. But sometimes Eunji called him ‘oppa’ just because of Daehyun’s mature attitude as compared to her. Born as a boy somehow made him wanted to protect his own sister in some ways and gave him that ‘oppa’ aura.

Besides their looks, people would once believe that they’re twin because of their gluttony over foods. They both were sweet tooth and could easily bribe for sweet thingy. You can easily found them together in a bakery near afterschool or somewhere else sold some kind of ice cream or cheesecake. Good thing was, although they ate a lot, they both always in shape naturally—exception was only for Eunji’s chubby cheek that really fit with her bubbly character.

Once they reached their class, XI-1, they’d be greeted by their classmate graciously. Eunji with her own friends, and Daehyun with his. Eunji sat on her seat, second row from back, second column from left side of the class. While Daehyun sat behind her, at the back of class and then he’d drowned himself in his own world, reading unfinished comic he had and plugged his ears with pair of headset he brought.

“Oi, Eunji-yah. Have you finished math homework for today?” said someone from a desk adjacent to Eunji’s left.

There was this guy, Yong Junhyung, a fat-tongue boy who often annoyed Eunji to the edge with any kind of insult he could gave. But today he seemed kinder, just asking about school task without any frilly comment over her so Eunji who was also in good mood turned to him with a friendly little smile to answer his question. “Hm. How about you?”

He nodded while smirking and showing of his book. “Want to check on our problems?” he offered.

“Sure!” Eunji perceived him and approach him while bringing her own task book.

Eunji sat on a chair in front of Junhyung’s desk and faced him in the back. She opened her book to the page where she did her homework and place it on Junhyung’s desk. They both began to discuss some math problems and everything was fine until finally they found different argument for one of the question.

“The answer is ‘two’, you have to multiple it!” Eunji started to argue.

“No, girl. It must be ‘one-half’ since you have to divide them,” Junhyung grunted.

“Two!”

“One-half!”

“TWO!”

“ONE-HALF!”

“TWO!”

“ON-”

“YAH! SHUT UP YOU TWO!” the silent one finally roared up and silenced both of Tom&Jerry. Upset Jung Daehyun turned all of attention in the class toward him and two people he shouted at. “What’s wrong with both of you? Why do you always end everything with fighting and arguing? Can’t you give me just a day to rest from separating both of you?” he scolded unstoppably.

Both of Junhyung and Eunji submitted by the nagging and sometimes exchanged glare at each other.

“So what’s the problem now, huh?” Daehyun got up to check whatever thing made the two arguing today.

“Here, Junhyung said that the answer for the last question is ‘one-half’. I’m certainly said it is ‘two’. He was wrong because he forget to multiple the problems,” Eunji whined, asked for her twin’s backing.

“Let me see….” Daehyun grabbed their books and a pencil from somewhere to solve the last problem they’re argued for. After a while, he stretched the books back to Junhyung’s desk and sighed. “The answer is ‘one-half’, you have to divide it, not to multiple it,” he explained in calmer tone. Almost cold, indeed.

“B-but….” Daehyun gave a glare to his twin before she could finish her words.

While Daehyun back to his seat, Junhyung put his tongue out to Eunji and smirked for his victory. The girl pouted and took her own book then back to her own chair without word, didn’t want to approve her lost in front of him for pride. Beside of her embarrassment, she felt so angry toward Junhyung for his childish act. Oh, she herself being childish now and made Junhyung happier even more for seeing her in that state.

Eunji could never been understand why Junhyung always seemed that happy for making her this upset.

Once, Eunji was alone on her class cleaning duty afterschool and Junhyung without any reason kept staying in class to bother her in every way he could. Throw a pile of crumpled paper to the floor Eunji has cleaned up, made some noises intentionally, spilled some of his snacks on floor, and so on. Daehyun was going to his tennis club so he left his twin to go home alone.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” she blew up and hit his arm with the broomstick.

“Aish, why are you so rough for being a girl?!” he protested while rubbing the part that was hitted.

“And why are you bothering me again on my cleaning duty?” she snorted.

“I’m just waiting for someone. Why do you bother?”

“Then be nice and don’t throw any junk nor adding my job even more. I need to be home soon or my dad will scold me for coming home late!” she whined. “Why don’t you just help while waiting for your friend?” she said in sarcasm tone and stretched a broom towards him. Oh, she can’t ask for his help in better tone since the guy was so annoying for her known.

“Alright. Since I’m being kind, you owe me once then,” he smirked and grabbed the broom from her.

They both reconcile for some minutes until Junhyung suddenly poked Eunji’s broom with his own. Eunji tried to ignore him but he repeated his attacking again and again made her lost her patience and started to poke him back. In minutes they’re began to hit each other with broom and continuing their broom-war mercilessly. Later, Junhyung lost his grip on his broom and Eunji chased after him with her broom raised up pointing at him.

“YAH! YONG JUNHYUNG! I WON’T LET YOU GO THIS TIME!” she chased him around their class and made everything inside in messiness. They continued outside the class toward school’s corridors. But Junhyung was too fast for her, he made his way to run off the chasing and went outside the building while chuckled up, left Eunji in so much anger.

“YONG JUNHYUUUUNGG!! I HATE YOOOUUU!!”

***

 


A/N: Whoah, thanks for subscribing, I appreciate it so much~>w<

So who'll be Eunji's lover then? Can you guess it? Eheheh...

I planned to describe how the boys interact with her one bye one at first. So be patience and tell me if this chapter was boring or not. Any comments for Junhyung-Eunji 'unreasonable' quarrel? Or somehow, do you think I lack myself on describing Daehyun in this chapter? Honestly, I feel like to describe him more, but I'm not sure enough.. how silly I am... ;w;a