Double Date, or Triple Date?

Orange Twilight

“EUNJI-YAH! DAEHYUN-AH!” Bomi made her way into class XI-1 while yelling out her friends’ name when break time bell has just rung.

“What’s up? You look so hype today,” Eunji let her sat on the seat beside her facing Daehyun behind her. The boy twin looked at her girlfriend fascinated to her happy appearance today.

“Look! I got free tickets of an amusement park my uncle’s work at!” Bomi showed some pieces of ticket paper in her hands. “Let us having fun this weekend!” she exclaimed.

“But you have four tickets, while we are only three. Are you going to ask another person?” Eunji asked anxiously after counting the tickets.

“Um!” Bomi answered without hesitating.

“Who is it?” Eunji and Daehyun asked in unison.

Bomi rolled her eyes to glance at the owner of the seat beside Eunji who was busied himself listening to something from his mp3 player. “Junhyung-ah! Junhyung! Yong Junhyung!” Bomi called him until he unplugged his earplug and gave his attention to her. “Do you have any spare time on this weekend? We’d like to ask you to join us hanging out to XX amusement park,” she offered in seriousness. The twins stared at her in confused. Junhyung squinted at the three musketeers, seemed considering Bomi’s offer.

“Fine, I’ll join in. Since I don’t have anything to do on this weekend,” he agreed and put on his earplug again, back to his own little world.

Bomi smiled in satisfaction while the twins still asking her why she asked ‘Yong Junhyung’ all of the sudden. He wasn’t even part of their gang. “It’s okay, so we can have a double date for us!” she whispered to the twins and winked mischievously to her boyfriend. Daehyun chuckled knowing what’s on Bomi’s mind while Eunji’s face blushed in red as she grabbed Bomi’s shoulder and jolted her friend’s body softly for avenging.

“I’m not going to have any date with him!” she muttered weakly didn’t sure what should she do if their ‘double date’ time finally occured.

***

 

Here they are, the ‘three musketeers plus one’ finally arrived at the amusement park together on this Saturday. Bomi was just too happy and she just straightly locked her hand with Daehyun’s and shove him here and there to ride some game or somewhat they found in the amusement park left Eunji to be together with Yong Junhyung in awkwardness.

“Let’s go,” he finally asked her to enter the park together with him after their long silence. They’re too awkward that Junhyung slip his hands into his jeans’ pocket while Eunji on his side clasped her hands on her back. They didn’t talk at each other and only hummed somewhat nonsense words just to reduce their awkwardness but failed.

Actually, Eunji always been eagered to ride every game she found in amusement park. But with Junhyung in her side like this, it was just too awkward to ask him to play around with her as per normal. Her heart fluttered, but somehow his accompanying made her fascinating and wished for nothing but keeping this moment as long as they could be. The two was too happy in their own little world and two wide smiles couldn’t help but creeping on each of their faces.

But the peaceful moment didn’t last too long.

“Gotcha! Now who are you walking with for a date, Eunji-yah? It's not yor twin, Daehyunnie, I guess?” someone suddenly interrupted by circling his hand around Eunji’s shoulder and tried to look at Junhyung who was beside her. It was Kim Himchan, who appeared out of nowhere and acted unpredictably ruining the twosome moment between Eunji and Junhyung. His presence meant that there was another one in packed with him. And there was Bang Yongguk behind him, facepalming himself because of what his friend just did.

“Yah, Kim Himchan!” Eunji shoved him off from her shoulder.

“Oh, aren’t you her classmate?” Himchan asked innocently toward Junhyung who responded him with a death glare, totally upset of him for ruining his fluttering moment seconds ago.

“What’s happen here?” Bomi’s voice interrupted and made everyone’s attention rolled toward her who was interlocking her hand with Daehyun. The couple separated themselves right away realizing their intertwined hands and blushed themselves because of the stares.

“Ah, so you are having double date, aren’t you?” Kim Himchan was being curious and such a teaser as usual and gained a slap on his arm from Eunji and a hiss from Daehyun but he just ignored them. “Should we make it as triple date then, Bbang-oppa?” he smiled mischievously to Yongguk and tried to interlock his hand with him made the calm Yongguk snapped his forehead with no mercy.

“Did you take a wrong medicine, Himchan-ah?” he satirized and Himchan just grinned.

“We are not dating at all! We’re just going out in foursome,” Eunji tried to make an excuse for Himchan’s misconception about her and Junhyung. And she tried to cover up for Daehyun and Bomi because actually they still hid their relationship from their peers at school. She wasn’t really lying since ‘going out in foursome’ was a truth.

“I know, I know, I’m just kidding, Princess! Don’t be that worried. I know that you’re just being friends since I often see you all at school,” Himchan ruffled Eunji’s hair and chuckled. The rest of them stared at him in disbelief and Himchan assumed it as their greeting for him.

Eunji hissed, felt bewildered by his joke. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Working,” he answered confidently. “Bbang and I planned to take a vacation on winter this year. That’s why we try to safe our money and did some part time job here and there,” he explained and Yongguk nodded several times beside him and the rest muttered in awe.

“Oh? What kind of part time job are you doing here?”

“It’s s-e-c-r-e-t. Haha,” he sticked out his tongue toward Eunji, again. “Sorry for disturbing you before, I’m just kidding. Really. Don’t be mad,” he explained.

“Don’t do that anymore. People will be misunderstanding us,” Eunji whined and squinted her eyes to him.

“Arasseo. I won’t. Promise,” he swore.

“By the way, I think it’s time for us to leave, Himchan-ah,” Yongguk reminded him by pointing at his watch.

“Oops. We have to go to work now. Bye, then! Enjoy your time!” finally Himchan bid a farewell and walked away from the group of four. Yongguk bowed at them for his friend’s stead. “Come on, Bbang! We’ll be late!” Himchan urged him as if he wasn’t the one that made them late gained a friendly punch on his shoulder.

‘The three musketeers plus one’ sighed in relief. The troublemaker finally gone and they could continue their hangout time now. They walk as a group of four, didn’t want to make any of Himchan’s suspicion to be proven obviously until they saw a house with a big sign written on it, ‘House of Mirrors’. Eunji and Bomi asked the boys to enter the house as their last game before going home for real. Daehyun and Junhyung nodded, let the girls entered first and they followed behind.

Soon, Daehyun and Bomi went on their own way and were being a lovey dovey couple as they did before. While Junhyung tried to follow Eunji in that house of mirrors, as if they were playing hide and seek.

“Catch me if you can…,” Eunji challenge him and chuckled. Junhyung triggered to catch her and he run after her. But the mirrors in the house just made him frustrated somehow because there were some moments when he almost caught her up but it was only her reflection in the mirrors. He could hear Eunji’s chuckling and started to focus on her voice, trying another method to catch her.

Eunji barely made her way to one of the exit doors when Junhyung caught her and hug her from behind. “I got you!” he exclaimed and brought the body he trapped on his arms out of that confusing place. Eunji tried to escape from his embrace but Junhyung seemed didn’t want to let her go. He made her facing him and finally their glance met at each other. “I got you,” he whispered once more and tightened his embrace even more, closing any gap between them. It was when they realized that they’re on a secluded area of the amusement park and there are only him and her, as a man and woman being together in a righteous place for just the two of them.

It was his instinct that made him lowered his head to match her level and cupped her face by his right hand while his other hand travelled down to grab her slim waist. And it was her instinct that made her let Junhyung lessened their distance and her hands clutched on his shoulders as if anticipating more. Their lips almost touched each other but something snapped on Eunji’s mind all of a sudden that made her unclenching her hands and slightly pushed his broad shoulder away from her.

Junhyung pulled back and gazed in disbelief. Did Eunji just reject him for the second time? 'First' was when she said that 'they're not dating at all' to Himchan minutes ago. She muttered ‘sorry’ in a voiceless word, didn’t be able to lift her eyes to meet his have-just-bewildered-gazed. He sighed, it wasn’t how he intended to as he anticipated her to respond him the same way. But he couldn’t just rush his feeling toward her and made her afraid of him like what he did just now. “It’s okay. I’m sorry,” he forced smiling and patted her shoulder briefly. He didn’t sure what must they do after this awkward moment of an almost-kiss they’ve just made. And he barely made his way to walk away, to give her some more distance and some more time for them both contemplating.

What am I to you? What are you to me?

Eunji can’t help but feeling some guilty by watching Junhyung’s expression when she just rejected him. It’s not that she didn’t like Junhyung nor disbelieved him. But Eunji didn’t sure what kind of relationship they are in right now and whether this puppy love feeling is real or just for a brief time. They used to pick some quarrel and fight at each other, but now that the situation changed, she couldn’t get used to this new kind of feeling. She was sure that their relationship would be change in many things after this kind of accident they had but she wasn’t sure how to anticipate it.

She stayed still in her position right after Junhyung left her alone and suddenly she felt something poked her shoulder. She turned herself to face one of the park’s employees in character costume offering her a single rose flower and pointed at some kind of advertisement of some new event at that amusement park on a poster attached to his or her costume. Eunji didn’t really read what was written on the advertisement because her mind wasn’t in right place at the moment. Yet, she smiled and accepted the flower from that guy who wore a Tigger costume, the character from Disney’series, “Winnie the Pooh”. That Tigger guy patted her on the head and then bowed at her as if bidding his or her farewell and walked away, joining another guy in different costume at the other side of the park. She bowed back, felt awkward for some reasons but a smile crept on her face.

Somehow Eunji thought that the Tigger guy was watching her on his walk but she just shrugged it off and tried to make her way to find her accompany to ask them home. She wished that Junhyung already home first so she wouldn’t meet him for some moments. She wasn’t ready at all. She needed time.

***

 


A/N: Updated!\^^/ What do you guys thing about this chapter? I bet you know who the guy in Tigger costume is~ ;)

Thanks for always supporting this fanfic, I always appreciate it so much~>w<

And I shamelessly want to promote my new fanfic about arranged marriage between GyuJi (Sunggyu X Eunji) couple, entitled as "I'm Really Pathetic, Aren't I?". Hope you'll show some love for this fic as well as "Orange Twilight" :"> >> https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/719397/

btw, picture credit to B.A.P's Cheonsa MV, I'm losing my creativity lately~orz