A New Project

Orange Twilight

School bell rang, everyone went in to their class. Today’s first schedule of XI-1 was music class lectured by Ms. Kwon who also known as killer-teacher entire Seoul Arts High School. Everyone in class was silent and tensed when Ms. Kwon entering through the door. No one dare to talk before Ms. Kwon asked to. Somehow her students anticipating what will be her first sentence every time she start her class.

Then her lips parted, and her first words made everyone gasped. “Jung Eunji, Yang Yoseob!” she called out. Every eye turned they attention towards them both. Even though Eunji and Yoseob are one of her favorites, they can’t help being nervous when their name called by the scariest teacher entire school.

“Y-yes, Ma’am?” they responded.

“Could you please go to teachers’ room and meet Mr. Lee and Ms. Park? There’s something important we have to tell you. But since I have to give some lecture in class, you may out first. I’ll follow later,” she demanded with an obvious smile. They wondering what that meant but still obeyed her to go out of the class and entering teachers’ room. Eunji and Yoseob exchanged glares for a while but then just shrugged it anyway because none of them knew what their teacher was planned off.

Door was sliding shut behind them and they found out that there were two other students facing up those Mr. Lee and Ms. Park, two music teachers of their school. They are Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan for sure. Eunji and Yoseob had to lift up their chin to look up at those two taller boys face, wondering if they both had any relation in what these teachers will tell them about.

“Ah, so you’ve come. Have you known each other, by the way?” Mr. Lee asked, referring to the other two boys. Eunji shook her head in almost blank expression. She turned her head to Yoseob who was smiling gently to them.

“I’ve known them for long. They’re my friend in middle school,” Yoseob shrugged and Eunji just nodding, still in blank expression.

“Hi, I’m Kim Himchan of XI-4. Nice to meet you,” one of the talls greeted her first so friendly while stretching his hand towards for shaking hand. Despite their popularity as the school’s princes, Eunji sure they were not an arrogant type of human. Indeed, they’re looked too friendly and too human for their ‘title’.

“Hi, I’m Jung Eunji of XI-1. It’s nice to meet you too,” she responded his greeting and accepted his hand to be shaked with.

“Ah, I remember you. You’re the girl that carried Yoseobbie up on your back last summer festival, aren’t you?” he chuckled as he digged up his memory. “Behind this petite figure, you’re really such a tough girl, Eunji-yah!” he added while patting Eunji’s shoulder in merry. Yoseob just hissed and pouted every time reminded by that couple race moment with Eunji.

“Oh, thanks.” Eunji still blinked up, she found it interesting that Kim Himchan such a friendly guy for their first direct meeting like this because he just barely took off any formalities between them.

“Come on, Bbang. Don’t be such a shy boy!” Himchan shoved his friend to welcome Eunji as well.

“Oh, hi. I’m Yongguk. Bang Yongguk of XI-8.”

Eunji sure she felt goosebump by hearing Yongguk’s low voice in the moment for the first time. Not to mention he had a nice gummy smile, contradicting his tough image she knew all this time.

She then nodded with a bright smile as her response, relieved that these two boys which well-thought-of by every girl in their school turned out to be just two friendly boys-next-door. She found them ‘nothing special’—not to belittle them at all. They sure have good looks and smart. But Eunji found out her girl friends just overestimated them too much. Hey, Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan were just two normal students like everyone!

“So, you’re also in this project?” Himchan asked, looking at Eunji and Yoseob and just provided by blank expression from both of them. Eunji and Yoseob shook their head in synch while asked in unison, “What project are you talking about?”

“Aigoo… why are you two being this cute?!” Himchan can’t help himself but pinched their chubby cheeks alternately and repeatedly with his own fingers as if he just found two cute little babies in front of him. Meanwhile, Yongguk and the two teachers just smiled keeping themselves from laughing of watching those three.

“Yah! It's hurt!” Yoseob protested while rubbing his reddened cheeks. Eunji can’t say anything but she also rubbing her own reddened cheeks because of Himchan’s attack.

Not too long after, someone came up and approached them. Every one turned to be more serious because it was Ms. Kwon. She took a breath before exclaiming her words, “Jung Eunji, Yang Yoseob, Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, I delegate you as a group to participate in Seoul High School Music Competition this year as our school representative.”

That was not a question, but obviously a demand.

***

 

Once again, Eunji was sent out of her class by Ms. Kwon because she was the only one received good result in their last quiz. Didn’t want to lose her bonus time, Eunji went straightly to cafeteria to buy some snacks for herself. She has been too hungry since morning that’s why she just too happy for having earlier break time. Later, she decided to have a walk around school corridors while eating her remained melon bun in her right and chocolate bar in her left hand. She looked so hungry that her cheek was too full with foods and seemed almost bursting.

Unexpectedly someone patted her head from behind and whining to her in baby voice, “Aigoo… our baby must be sooo hungry.”

Eunji almost choked up for her surprise as she tried to elbow the perpetrator that none other than Kim Himchan for revenge. He could easily dogde himself and giggled up for her demeanor gained some snorts from Eunji’s nostrils. Then she found out Himchan was not alone. As usual, Yongguk has always been with him. They’re already in pack, indeed.

“What are you doing here? Skipping class?” Himchan asked mischievously and took a bite of Eunji’s melon bun without warning, upsetting her.

“Yah, that’s my food!” she protested but just shrugged it off. Himchan just grinning and once again patting her head adorably. “I’m not skipping class, for your information. Ms. Kwon sent me out to take a bonus time for early break,” she bragged and grinned quite widely.

“Whoah, really?” he can’t just believed in what Eunji told him since he knew Ms. Kwon such a scary teacher. “You must really be her favorite at all,” he admired.

“And how about you both? How can you be loitering outside your class?” she asked.

“Actually, we’re same as well,” Himchan widened his smile. “My teacher sent me out of class so she could give remedial test for the remaining students. And I called Bbang who has nothing to do since his teacher not attending class and he has finished his own task from him.” Eunji saw Yongguk smiled in addition. She nodded and blurted a long ‘o’ for Himchan's explanation.

“We planned to take some practice in music room. Mind to join us? Since we’re in same group now, perhaps we can discuss about the competition?” Himchan suggested and exchanged glare with Yongguk who nodded in agreement. Eunji just nodded made Himchan immediately embraced her and cheered up for her accompany. “Yay, it must be really fun if you’re gonna join us. Let’s go!” he then took Eunji’s hand and dragged her into one music rooms in their school. Yongguk followed behind them while chuckling and shaking his head in amuse.

“How about Yoseob? I think we should call him up…,” Eunji asked in care.

“Then just call him!”

“But he’s still in class taking some remedial lecture from Ms. Kwon. And he must be upset to me for having reward from Ms. Kwon instead,” she mumbled.

“I’ll text him for coming here after class so we can discuss it with him too,” finally Yongguk open up his mouth to blurt out some words. Eunji blurted out some thanks toward him.

Bang Yongguk was kind of barely talks compared to his other member, but he always helped when someone needed him. Eunji and Yoseob were already two chatty chats, and Himchan was even fussier than them both. In short, Kim Himchan was an ahjumma for their group, while Yongguk being a calm daddy watching his kids in a big fatherly smile. Eunji had just known them in a month yet she felt so comfortable around those two ‘school princes’ in such a short time.

Time passed by for a few minutes, and someone entering music room in grunt interrupting their discussion. Yang Yoseob joining them but obviously was upset and threw a hateful glare to his rival, Jung Eunji. Eunji sure Ms. Kwon has just scolding him again with her favorite quotes, ‘Yang Yoseob is smart, but he’s not clever enough’ or maybe comparing him to Eunji again and again. Somehow Eunji pitied him. But what can she do since it was this Yang Yoseob forgot to do his homework because of his overslept habitual for the umpteenth time.

He pouted himself and sat farther away from Eunji so Himchan dragged him to come closer and patted his head the way he always did. “You know, I found it wasn’t cute at all if our big baby was this upset,” Himchan tried to console him.

“What’s cute? What’s big baby?” Yoseob grunted. “And I’m not upset, okay! I just want to be some stupid once in a while, since someone was just too smart and too clever compared to me!” he blurted out, obviously in sarcasm.

“I think I have to take a leave since someone didn’t like being around with me. See you later,” Eunji got up off her seat and without any additional word, she went out of the room leave the other three inside. She just didn’t want to provoke Yoseob who obviously threw a tantrum toward her. It’s not that she tried to run off, but talking with Yang Yoseob in this kind of state would only worsen their situation. Let her be a pacifist so Yang Yoseob could get himself back to his right mind.

She herself felt so upset by Yoseob’s sarcasm toward her and tried to shrug it out of her mind while laying down her head on her desk in her own classroom. She was alone for everyone was outside for their lunch time. She sighed in no words, somehow hoping she could drown herself into the ground so no one ever she her anymore.

“Feeling upset, eh?” Eunji could feel someone poke her cheek with a bottom of a frozen can. She winced a while and straightened her position just to see Yong Junhyung smiled to her while handed her a can of lemonade.

“It’s not your fault of course. It just that our kind of effort was not enough to beat you up in the eye of Ms. Kwon. She just favored you too much, so don’t be bothered when people getting jealous of you,” he tried to cheer her up and comforting her as if he could read what was in Eunji’s mind. “Here, my treat,” he ed the can into Eunji’s grab.

Once again, Yong Junhyung made her speechless in just an instant and her expression made him chuckled in amusement.

“Am I that handsome for you being in awe like that?” he teased confidently and smirked mischievously.

“W-what? Who’s in awe? And don’t be such a narcissist because no one said you’re handsome, Yong Junhyung-ssi,” Eunji snapped out and Junhyung just laughing even more.

“Yah! What so funny for you laughing over me like such a mad?” she pouted and pinched his arm for revenge. Fact is, Eunji was too shy for Junhyung’s action and tried to hide it by her upset act.

“O-Ouch! That's hurt! Eish, this rough girl…,” he rubbed his arm off. “Finally back to yourself, uh?” Junhyung again by pinching her cheek stronger. He then immediately run for his life before Eunji could reach him for any kind of revenge while sticking his tongue out for her.

“YAH! YONG JUNHYUNG!” she shouted but didn’t move to chase him as her usual habit.

She knew that she blushed her cheeks too much that she didn’t want Junhyung to notice it. Eunji opened up the can of lemonade Junhyung gave her while murmuring some voiceless thanks for the boy. Her heart fluttering once more in amuse made her wondering whether her feeling was just true.

***

 

Yoseob&Eunji - Love Day

I'm very curious, I'm curious about everything
Why can't I go to sleep and can only see your face?
I'm curious too, I'm curious about this heart
Why is it that when I see you, laughter comes out first?

When my friends are together and they mention you
Why do I get so excited and want to hear more?
If only you are there, I become someone else
And I make random, awkward jokes

Honestly, this feeling is so strange
Is this what it feels like to be on top of a cloud?
Is it like this, are we like this?
If you feel the same way, have we already started?

***

 


A/N: Am I updating too fast? :\a But I can't help my self to write until I describe how the boys related to Eunji. So maybe this was my last time for fast update since I've mentioned about Yongguk and Himchan as well. And I'll announce that I'll be hiatus for a while for my schoolworks. So please be patient if I'm going to make an update in longer time later.

Any suggest for what topic should I brought up on next chapter? I'll consider it since I perharp do some back and forth on the story's flow. Oh, I'm not attaching any poster on this chapter yet. Have no idea of what's to put on. :p

Thanks for giving attention on this story, I will always appreaciate it whole-heartedly. :")

As usual, comments and criticals are always love~<3

Translated lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5dSQiHKBoc

ETA: added poster! XD