Master mind

I can't make you love me: Jongin' turn

Sehun woke up early the next day and he was busy tidying up his bed. He wanted to leave the room he shared with Jongin before Jongin could wake up.

 

Jongin wasn't able to sleep a wink last night, he kept tossing and turning. He was too worried about Sehun and didn't know why Sehun was so mad at him. Jongin peeked his head through is bed covers and saw Sehun fluffing his pillows.

 

"Sehun, why are you up so early?" Jongin pulled his bed sheets down and rubbed his eyes. Sehun was completely speechless because it was only 7 AM and Jongin usually woke up around 9 AM, if they had no activities to do.

 

"I woke up early because I wanted to!" Sehun turned to face Jongin and shook his head in disbelief because he couldn't recognise the boy who he currently shared a room with anymore. Sehun thought Jongin was keeping a dark secret from him and Sehun never thought Jongin would keep anything from him. They were always able to tell each other everything and they could always tell if the other was hurting.

 

 

"Sehun, is there something I said or did to make you upset?" Jongin set up on his bed and stared at his room mate.

 

 

"Where did you sleep the previous night?!" Sehun set down on his bed and frowned at Jongin. Jongin started scratching his neck nervously because he didn't know how to answer such a question.

 

"I was sleeping-" Jongin was interrupted by a loud knock on the door and he was completely grateful to whom ever was banging down their door.

 

"HEY! Keep your skirt on!" Sehun stood up and went to check on who was knocking on the door. Sehun opened the door and was getting ready to give the person who was banging on the door an earful! Before Sehun could shout, he held back his tongue because it was his best friend and partner in crime Lay.

 

"Good morning boys." Lay greeted the two boys and Sehun allowed Lay to come into their room.

 

 

"Good morning Lay!" Both boys greeted Lay simultaneously.

 

"Jongin, Jess is in the study room and wants to have a little chat with you, pronto!" Lay stared at the boy who was looking rather tired.

 

 

"Why? I thought all my sessions with Jess were finally over." Jongin climbed out of his bed and pouted.

 

 

"I really don't know why she wants to see you but she said it's urgent." Lay looked like he was ready to leave the room.

 

"Thank you for letting me know Lay." Jongin went to his wardrobe to pull out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Once Jongin was dressed, he made his bed.

 

"Sehun, I hope we can continue our little chat later." Jongin smiled at a frowning Sehun. Jongin walked out of the room but he forgot his phone on the dresser.

 

 

"Jongin you forgot your phone!" Sehun tried telling Jongin that he forgot his phone but Jongin was already out the door.  Sehun tapped his lips and stared at Jongin' phone.

 

 

"I wonder who has been taking up all your time, Jongin." Sehun started biting on his nails, he was battling with his conscience. He wanted to take Jongin' phone and go through it, in hopes to find out about who Jongin has been creeping around with.

 

"I can't do it!" Sehun stood up and was about to lift Jongin' phone off of the dresser but he couldn't. He knew he would hate himself later on for going through Jongin' personal belongings.

 

~

 

"Good morning Jess, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long." Jongin bowed at Jessica and Jessica bowed back at Jongin.

 

 

"Jongin, please come sit next to me." Jessica smiled at Jongin and shifted on the leather sofa to make some room for Jongin. Jongin set next to Jessica and started fidgeting with his thumbs.

 

 

"Jess, I thought all of our sessions were over. Why are you here?" Jongin looked around the room and was trying to avoid all possible eye contact with Jessica.

 

 

"Well, I just wanted to do a follow up on my favourite patient and I wanted to tell you something interesting...it seems as if the are things that don't quite add up with the whole molestation case." Jessica started flipping through a large file she was carrying and Jongin took in a deep breath.

 

"What do you mean Jess?" Jongin asked Jessica with a shaky voice.

 

"It seems as if you have been lying to me for the past two months. Jongin, tell me why did you lie about Kris? Why did you tell me Kris molested you?" Jessica slammed the file on her lap.

 

 

"What?!" Jongin started sweating.

 

"I've checked all my previous session notes with you and Kris and what I found didn't add up! So I was busy racking my brain about this case and after a lot of debating with my thoughts, I came up with one logical conclusion." Jessica placed the file on a table nearby.

 

 

"What did you conclude?" Jongin felt his palms becoming all sweaty.

 

 

"I concluded that Kris was covering up for you and that he couldn't have molested you. You must have gone after Kris, when I distinctively told you not to pursue him! Am I right or am I wrong?" Jessica rested her arm on the armrest.

 

 

Jongin didn't know what to say, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He started wiggling his on the sofa, he was feeling rather uncomfortable.

 

 

"Jongin have you been lying to me for the past two months of our sessions?!" Jessica was getting frustrated at Jongin because he was acting mute all of a sudden.

 

 

"TELL ME! If you don't tell me, I won't be able to help you!" Jessica lifted Jongin' chin up, so that Jongin would be staring directly into her eyes.

 

 

"Yes, I have been lying. Kris never molested me...he was trying to protect me from the other members, so that they wouldn't judge me for throwing myself at Kris." Jongin said softly and Jessica covered her eyes. Jessica' worst fears had came true, her suspicions where on point.

 

 

"Damn it Jongin! Why did you go after Kris, when I warned you that nothing good would come out of you pursuing Kris! I told you that things would never work between you and Kris because of your dark past together! Jongin I hope you are keeping you distance from Kris." Jessica set up and sighed. She was really disappointed at Jongin. She couldn't believe Jongin would be so selfish as to let another human being get judged for his mistakes.

 

"Jess, I think I'm in love with him and I didn't listen to you before because I knew deep down inside that I love Kris." Jongin started weeping.

 

 

"Trust me Jongin, what you feel for Kris isn't love. You are obviously still confused after the whole traumatic experience of being locked up in a room with a man who you looked up to and being abused by a man who you trusted to guide you as your leader. I know you were deeply hurt when you were rejected by the person you loved more then anything and then you thought that no one else would love you, so you threw yourself to the one person who showed you the slightest attention even if that person was toxic for you. Kris was sick Jongin and I'm not sure if it's healthy for you to be in any intermate relationship with Kris. Jongin, please keep your distance from Kris...I don't want to see you getting hurt!" Jessica placed her hand over Jongin' hand.

 

"Jongin. Everything you say here is confidential and I won't tell the others. I just want to know if you are still trying to pursue any kind of relationship with Kris after the whole molestation saga?" Jessica stared into Jongin' watery eyes and Jongin closed his eyes.

 

 

"I'm currently having a secret relationship with Kris. He is so kind and gentle. He makes me feel special...please don't tell me you want me to break up with him." Tears started streaming down Jongin' red cheeks.

 

"Jongin, this is what I was afriad of! Jongin this is just a phase and when you finally snap out of this fake fantasy world you have created for yourself, you will realise that this was never love. Please end things with Kris before you both get hurt." Jessica gave Jongin a tight hug.

 

 

"Jongin, do you promise to end things with Kris?" Jessica started rubbing Jongin' back.

 

 

"I promise to end things with Kris." Jongin said softly and Jessica gave Jongin a peck on the cheek.

 

"I know it's going to be tough ripping yourself away from a confusing sitaution but I will always be here to help you through the process." Jessica pulled away from Jongin.

 

"If you ever need to talk, I'm just a phone call away." Jessica placed the file into her bag and stood up.

 

 

"Jongin, I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if you care about Kris, you will break up with him today before things spiral out of control." Jessica bowed at Jongin and made her way out the door. Jongin waved good bye to Jessica and went out the room.

 

"I'm sorry Jess, I think you are absolutely wrong. I don't think I would get hurt or I don't think Kris would ever hurt me. I'm not going to break up with Kris...I have to try and make this work." Jongin murmured to himself after Jessica had left. Jongin thought he wasn't about to break up with the man who had sacrificed so much for him.

 

~

 

Sehun was still staring at Jongin' phone and contemplating on whether or not he should go through Jongin' phone. Sehun heard Jongin' phone vibrating and thought this was a sign, he had to go through Jongin' phone now. Sehun snatched Jongin' phone off of the dresser and saw that Jongin had a new message.

 

 

Sehun opened the door to check for any signs of Jongin and quickly closed the door when he didn't see Jongin. Sehun set down on Jongin' bed and opened the text message.

 

[Text message conversation]

Kris: Hey baby, I know it's been only 9 hours, 35 minutes, 20 seconds and 1.017 nanoseconds but I miss you like crazy already! *frowny face* Is there any chance of us meeting later? I really want to see your sweet face and hold you close :'(

 

Sehun' jaw dropped when he saw this lovey dovey message from Kris, Sehun thought he was about to his pants when he read the message.

 

"Yuck!" Sehun made a gag face, he felt little goose bumps forming on his arms when he imagined Jongin kissing Kris.

 

Sehun shook off the nauseating feeling that he was battling with. Sehun thought Jongin would never in a million years have a relationship with Kris willingly, Sehun thought Kris must have found away to force Jongin into a relationship.

 

Sehun stared at the text message and thought of a good idea of finding out if Jongin and Kris were in a really genuine relationship or whether Jongin is being forced into a sick twisted relationship.

 

[Continuation of text message conversation]

Sehun (acting as Jongin) : sure...we can meet today. *Smiley face*

 

Kris: That's fantastic baby! How about we meet in the dance studio tonight at 8 PM? I have a very special night planned out for us.

 

Sehun shivered and felt dirty when he was talking to Kris like this. Sehun thought that maybe Jongin and Kris were in a really committed genuine relationship but he was still not sure, he had to find out for himself.

 

 

Sehun (acting as Jongin): Sure, let's meet at 8 PM tonight.

 

Kris: I love you Jongin.

 

[End of text message conversation]

 

 

Sehun heard footsteps coming towards the room and immediately thought Jongin was back from his therapy session with Jess. Sehun couldn't continue on chatting with Kris, so he deleted the entire text conversation he had just had with Kris and placed Jongin' phone back on the dresser. Sehun ran to sit on his bed and pulled out a magazine.

 

When Jongin entered the room, Sehun was already paging through the magazine, acting like he had done no wrong for the past 30 minutes. 

 

 

Jongin jumped onto his bed and thought he was having a really awful day so far, he stared at his phone and smiled. He thought that Kris might have left about a dozen messages already, Jongin reached for his phone to check his inbox and felt his heart sinking when he saw he had no new messages today. Jongin slammed his phone on the dresser and Sehun was stunned by Jongin' rage.

 

 

"What's wrong hyung?" Sehun placesd his magazine on the side of his bed and had a compassionate face on.

 

 

"It's nothing." Jongin stood up and started scratching his face.

 

"Did you have a bad meeting with Jess? Or were you expecting a call from someone or a text?" Sehun had a lot of questions and Jongin didn't feel like answering so many questions.

 

"Will you stop with the 3rd degree questions! What's with you today...JUST OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!" Jongin walked out the door and slammed the door shut. A sinister smile crept onto Sehun' face when he thought his plan was finally in motion.

 

"Yehet!" Sehun celebrated and thought he was going to enjoy ripping Kris and Jongin apart.

 

 

At luhch time, Tao was back from his tournament and D.O was slaving away in the kitchen preparing a lunch to celebrate Tao' return and his many wins. When D.O was done with the preparations, Lay helped D.O set out the table and all the others came when they saw the food was ready. Chen was just happy that Chanyeol didn't help out with the cooking today.

 

 

"Gentle men, please take you seats!  I want us all to give three cheers for our kung fu king! He was able to surpass every possible contender from the tournament and was crowned Wushu King, let's all celebrate Tao' sucess!" Suho raised his glass filled with orange juice and everyone cheered three times for Tao.

 

 

Tao set down on Kris' left while Sehun was seated on Kris' right. Jongin who was sitting across the three, was staring at Kris again today but he was not staring at Kris in a lovey dovey kind of way but was looking at Kris with dagger eyes.

 

 

Jongin couldn't believe Kris hadn't bothered to call or text him today. Jongin thought Kris was starting to become a bad boyfriend. Jongin watched Kris playing with Tao' trophies and felt like he was about to become sick. Kris was busy tickling Tao' tummy and ruffling Tao' hair. Jongin slammed his spoon on the table and stood up.

 

 

"Where are you going Jongin?" D.O tried to pulling on Jongin' hand and Jongin yanked his hand away from D.O and disappeared into the corridor. Kris stopped playing with Tao when he saw his boyfriend storming out of the room. Kris was getting worried about Jongin, he thought that maybe Jongin' anger was caused by Sehun because it seemed as if they were not in good speaking terms at the moment.

 

"Wow! First it was Sehun yesterday and now it's Jongin today! I wonder what's going to happen next." Chanyeol was amazed by the amount of drama that was in their dorm.

 

Sehun smiled and thought Kris was making it a bit too easy for him. Sehun' grand scheme was going according to plan.

 

 

"Kris hyung, can I please borrow your phone...I want to check out that photo of you in the basketball court. I think you looked super cool hyung." Sehun smiled like an innocent little maknae at Kris and Kris pulled out his phone and handed it to Sehun.

 

"Thank you hyung." Sehun smiled and was now going through Kris' phone. Kris kept looking behind, wondering where his boyfriend ran off to.

 

Sehun scrolled through Kris' contacts and saw Jongin' username saved as 'Jongie baby'. Sehun felt like vomiting when he saw that Kris had already created a pat name for Jongin.

 

 

"I must put an end to this ridiculous nonsense!" Sehun whispered to himself and stared at Kris, who was too busy playing with Tao again. Sehun decided to send Jongin a quick message from Kris' phone.

 

 

Jongin was in his room crying his eyes out and thought that maybe Kris didn't love him, he thought maybe Kris was just using him as a distraction until his real love Tao came back. Jongin was still mad at Kris, for not texting him even once today. Jongin heard his phone vibrate and thought there was still hope.  Jongin took his phone from the dresser and smiled when he saw that he had one new message.

 

Jongin opened the message and was extremely tickled pink when he saw that the message was from Kris. Jongin' happiness quickly faded when he started reading the message.

 

[Text message]

 Kris: hey baby...I shouldn't even be calling you that anymore, I can't continue seeing you because my lover Tao is back and you were just my side dish for the time being. So please don't bother texting me back or even calling me. Xoxo Kris :)

 

 

"Ah!" Jongin tossed his phone and it smashed against the wall and broke into pieces. Jongin slammed his face on his pillow and started weeping.

 

"Why Kris? I thought you cared about me...turns out you were just using me. I should have never fallen for you, Yifan!" Jongin started kicking and screaming on his bed.

 

~

 

At 8:00 PM

 

Kris was carrying a pinic basket in his hand and was standing outside the dance studio. Kris opened the door and the studio was completely dark. Kris saw that there was someone already inside the room. Kris smiled and thought it was Jongin, he couldn't tell if it was Jongin because the boy had his back facing towards Kris and was wearing a hoodie over his head.

 

"Hey baby." Kris placed his pinic basket on the ground and started lighting candles.

 

"Why are you so quiet baby? Oh I get it...you are acting all y for me. I hope you are ready for a wild night." Kris laid a blanket on the floor and stood up.

 

"Jongin, I brought some strawberries, some chocolate fudge and champagne. I have a lot of things I want to do to you." Kris tiptoed behind Sehun and wrapped his arms around Sehun' ant size waist.

 

"Baby, have you lost some weight? You should have ate something during lunch..." Kris thought Jongin' waist size must have shrinked in just a day.

 

 

"Get your filthy hands off of me, you ert!" Sehun broke free from Kris' arms and turned to stare at Kris.  Kris was stunned to see that the boy he thought was Jongin was actually Oh Sehun.

 

 

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Kris got the scare of his life when he saw Sehun' face and not Jongin'.

 

"So my intuition was right!  You are having a secret sick relationship with Jongin!" Sehun placed his hand over his mouth because everything was surreal now. Sehun couldn't believe his assumptions were true.

 

 

"What did you do to Jongin? Why are you here? Where is my boyfriend?!" Kris started shaking Sehun violently.

 

"Shut up Kris! You have no shame! How dare you ask me about Jongin, I should be the one asking the questions here! You disgusting creep!" Sehun pushed Kris away and Kris almost went flying towards the picnic basket.

 

 

"How could you take advantage of Jongin like that? How could you sleep with your maknae?" Sehun spat on the ground, he was disgusted at Kris.

 

 

"How did you know that Jongin and I made love?" Kris steadied himself and stood up.

 

 

"You slept with Jongin?! I can't believe this! I thought Jongin snuck out of our room that night to finally be with D.O and not you!" Sehun placed his hands on top of his head and was just taken aback by this. He was just taking a wild guess when he accused Kris of sleeping with Jongin.  

 

"You are a leader and you just forced yourself on Jongin! You should have known better, I'm so disappointed in you, you took away Jongin' innocence!" Sehun started crying and Kris didn't understand what Sehun meant by saying 'you took away Jongin' innocence'.

 

"What do you mean I took away Jongin' innocence?" Kris folded his arms and watched the teary eyed Sehun.

 

 

"Jongin and I go way back and we have been really close friends for years now...we share each other's secrets, that no one else in the group knows about. Jongin told me that he wanted his first time to be with someone he loved and not a monster like you!" Sehun screamed out in rage.

 

"Jongin was a ?!" Kris was so amazed by this new development, he was really shocked because he thought Jongin did a very good job of hiding his innocence on the day they slept together. Kris was convinced on that night that  Jongin was very and ually mature.

 

"Yes, he was a and thanks to you, he is no longer one. He told me that he was saving himself for D.O but then he couldn't be with D.O because D.O was in love with someone else. He was so miserable when he got rejected by D.O and he didn't even want to tell me who D.O was seeing because he was in such disbelief. I thought maybe when Jongin snuck out of our room, there was some sort of chance between D.O and him but I was clearly wrong." Sehun placed his hand over his forehead because he thought he was about to have a headache.

 

 

"You are  really something Yifan, you must have found out that Jongin was rejected by D.O and you took advantage of Jongin when he was at his weakest and acted all sweet just to get him in your bed! Shame on you! You swine!" Sehun started stabbing Kris' chest with his finger and kept screaming at Kris and calling him a pig.

 

"Jongin was saving himself for D.O?" Kris murmured to himself. Things weren't adding up, why did Jongin lie to him in the mental institution, when he said that he was just friends with D.O, why didn't Jongin tell Kris that he was in love with D.O?

 

"You knew that Jongin was heart broken and when you got back from the institution you tried to sink your claws into Jongin! You bastard!" Sehun kept poking at Kris' chest and Kris smacked Sehun across the face.

 

 

"Shut up! You little brat! I didn't know Jongin loved D.O, I did have my suspicions at times that he liked D.O but he just told me that they were just friends." Kris threw his hands in the air in disbelief.

 

 

"So...you were just a substitute." Sehun started rubbing his sore cheek after being slapped by Kris across the face.

 

"Hahaha! So you are just the rebound guy! If D.O were to break up with whom ever he is seeing, Jongin would drop you like a hot cake." Sehun laughed and didn't know that Kris was in the dark about Jongin' love for D.O.

 

 

"No! Jongin would never do that...he loves me! D.O was nothing but a crush!" Kris dropped to his knees and thought Sehun was absolutely right, who was he fooling, Jongin must have been using him as a substitute because he couldn't have a relationship with D.O.

 

 

"Has Jongin ever told you he loves you?" Sehun grinned.

 

 

"No, he hasn't but I know he loves me." Kris was not sure if Jongin was in love with him because when he sent a text message ealier to Jongin' phone with the words 'I love you Jongin', Jongin never replied and Jongin just ended the conversation abruptly without even saying good bye. 

 

 

"Face it Yifan, you are second best and you will always be second best because you are an !" Sehun laughed and opened the door, he was tired of staring at Kris' misrable face. His work was done and if all goes well, Jongin will never want to see Kris ever again, let alone want to be in a relationship with him.

 

"Enjoy your expired chocolate fudge!" Sehun slammed the door shut and left Kris to wail over the picnic basket.

 

"Oh and enjoy your stinky strawberries!" Sehun re-opened the door to add more insult to injury.

 

" you!" Kris opened the basket and threw some of the strawberries at Sehun. Sehun closed the door and ran away.

 

 

Kris punched the studio floor with his fist and couldn't believe what he had with Jongin was all a lie and he was nothing but a standby for D.O.

 

Kris pulled out his phone from his pocket because he wanted to hear from Jongin about this disturbing news. He wanted to know if Jongin truly loved him or was he just some kind of rebound for Jongin.

 

 

"Pick up the phone baby." Kris placed his phone near his ear and was waiting for a response but got nothing.

 

 

"Damn it!" Kris thought Sehun might have gotten to Jongin.

 

"I think that little brat might be trying to break us up baby. I don't believe anything his says, I know you love me and we have worked so hard to be together...so I won't give up on us." Kris was busy talking to himself and he was sure Sehun was behind the miscommunication he was currently experiencing with Jongin.