Holding on

I can't make you love me: Jongin' turn

Jongin was the first one up the next morning, he didn’t manage to sleep a wink last night, his head was too messed up and confused from how yesterday’s events spiraled out of control. He thought things could have turned out differently if Tao hadn’t show up when he did. The damage was already done and Jongin wouldn’t blame Kris if he would never want to speak or even be in the same band as him after how humiliated Kris was last night.

 

Jongin yawned loudly and scratched his bum, he dragged his feet towards the kitchen, and he had managed to place an order for a dozen chicken wings at 5:00 a.m and was now going to wait by the front door for the delivery guy. Before Jongin could reach the kitchen area he heard what sounded like giggling coming from lounge, this diverted his trip to the kitchen and now he was hiding by a nearby wall that separated the lounge from the kitchen. Jongin took a peep and had to rub his eyes more than twice to assure himself that it was Kris who he saw.

 

Jongin saw Kris lift up a tom boyish looking girl with blonde hair off the ground and spanned her around in midair before settling her back on the ground again. Jongin witnessed Kris giving the girl a peck on the cheek, Jongin didn’t know what game Kris was playing but Kris truly looked happy with Amber. Jongin’ heart immediately sank when he saw Kris put his arms around Amber.

 

Jongin had to hide his face against the wall because he felt as if something was about to break on the inside, if this is Kris’ idea of punishing him for not confessing last night, it was truly working. Jongin decide to take another peek at the two, Jongin didn’t know why he felt so possessive over Kris all of a sudden, and it’s not as if they were boyfriend and boyfriend. If it were up to Jongin, he would walk up to Amber and challenge her to a fist fight.

 

Jongin finally decided to deflect his gaze from the cozy couple and saw some luggage around Kris’ feet. Jongin’ whole body went numb when he briefly realized that Kris only came back to fetch the rest of his clothes. Jongin thought that Kris must have been really ticked off by what happened last night to suddenly leave EXO and his career. Jongin gasped loudly causing Amber and Kris to reroute their attention from each other and to the direction where they heard the bizarre sound.

 

“Is anyone there?” Jongin placed his hand over his mouth and hid behind the wall again. Kris was moving towards the wall Jongin was hiding behind when suddenly Xiumin walked in.   

 

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?!” Xiumin was glad to see that Kris came back but judging from the luggage Xiumin thought Kris was trying to make a quick get away. Xiumin folded his arms and tapped his feet angrily.

 

“Good morning hyung.” Kris stopped and bowed at Xiumin. Xiumin only frowned at the boy in return.

 

“I’m going to visit my mother in Canada and so I’ve asked Amber to accompany me for a few days.” Kris wore his shades and picked up a few of his bags from the ground.

 

“You’re not going anywhere! So I would advise you to take all your suitcases back into your room and wait for a few more hours for our flight at 13:00 to Japan because Japan is the only place that EXO 12 is going to!” Xiumin sounded commanding and blunt towards Kris.

 

Xiumin snatched the bags Kris was carrying in his hands and placed the luggage on the couch far out of Kris’ reach. Jongin managed to peek again and saw the whole scene unfold between Xiumin and Kris. Jongin’ heart started to flatter as he was feeling hopeful again.

 

“Go Xiumin!” Jongin whispered to himself and did a little victory dance. Jongin thought he still had a fighting chance with Kris.

 

“Amber it’s such a pleasure to see you again but I’m afraid Kris won’t be going anywhere with you. He has an important flight scheduled at one o’clock so I don’t think he would want to disappoint all of his fans. So I guess you will be going to Canada on your own, please don’t forget to send all my love to Mrs. Wu.” Xiumin walked up to Amber and snatched some of the luggage Amber was carrying for Kris and left Amber with a stunned expression on her face.

 

“You can’t stop me! I’m leaving, I’m not going to stick around here and have people like Sehun and Lay throw insults at me. “Kris looked ready to take his entire luggage back from Xiumin when Xiumin stood between Kris and his belongings.

 

“If you value our friendship, you will not walk through that door with all of this stuff.” Xiumin was trying to guilt trip Kris by playing the friendship card.

 

“I have to go Xiumin, please take care of yourself and the rest of the team.” Kris moved Xiumin to the side and picked up his luggage from the couch and turned away from the shorter boy.  Kris asked Amber to take the rest of his stuff near Xiumin and Amber beamed.

 

“Tell me Kris, does Amber know why you’re running away from EXO?” Xiumin’ words caused Kris to halt in place.

 

“I’m not running away, I just want to go spend some time with my family.” Kris turned to look at Xiumin.

 

“Does she know what you did?” Xiumin was not backing down with the hard questions and finally saw a weird expression on Kris face as a sign that Kris didn’t want Xiumin to further question him.

 

“No she doesn’t.” Kris said dryly.

 

“Are you going to tell her or should I do the honors? Surely I think she would like to know what kind of person she’s prepared to spend a few days with in Canada. ”Xiumin smirked, he knew he had Kris were he wanted him and Xiumin also knew that Kris wasn’t about to break his cool guy image in front of his dear best friend Amber.

 

“Amber I think I’ve changed my mind maybe we can schedule another time, right now I have a concert to prepare for.” Kris dropped down his luggage and gave Xiumin a nasty look for blackmailing him into staying.

 

“Kris, what is Xiumin talking about? What is it that you’re not telling me?” Amber looked up at the giant with worried eyes, yanking on Kris arm like a nagging girlfriend. Amber usually managed to put up a tough girl front when around people but whenever she was with Kris, she felt safe enough to allow her girly side to show once in a while.

 

“Amber this has nothing to do with you, please don’t nag me to tell you.” Kris shot Amber a out of my business look or else.

 

“I hope you guys enjoy your time in Japan, see you around Kris.” Amber gave both boys a brief smile and sighed softly. She felt really disappointed for not getting the opportunity to finally spend some alone time with Kris.

 

“Thank you for understanding old friend.” Kris bent down to give Amber a tight hug and another kiss on the cheek. Amber placed Kris’ luggage on the ground, waved good bye to the boys before she could make her way out of the front door she saw Jongin leaning against the wall.

 

“Have a safe trip Amber.” Jongin smiled and waved at Amber in an exaggerated manner. Amber thought Jongin was just being nice so she waved back at him and went out the door.

 

After Amber finally disappeared Jongin was rejoicing after Xiumin’ big win, Jongin was glad that he didn’t lose Kris to Amber.

 

“Now take all of your stuff back to your room, I’m going to call Jess to have a short session with you before we leave.” Xiumin pointed his finger towards the passage way in the direction of Kris' room. Kris didn’t like the bossy side of Xiumin but he didn’t blame Xiumin for acting this way.

 

Kris didn’t backchat at Xiumin after all Xiumin was the one person who saved his last night from the angry mob. Kris thought that the least he could do is show a little bit of respect to the man who truly cared for him.

 

Kris dragged his entire luggage back into his room.

 

“Thank you lord!” Xiumin let out a huge sigh of relief.

 

~

An hour later…

 

Kris was seated down on the couch paging through a fashion magazine waiting for Jessica’ arrival when suddenly Jongin walked in with both his hands on his sides. Kris saw Jongin coming; he stood up and slammed the magazine on the coffee table. Kris looked like he was ready to leave at any moment.

 

“Kris, please wait.” Jongin grabbed Kris’ arm and turned Kris around so that they would be facing each other.

 

“Get your hands off of me!” Kris yanked his arm away from Jongin.

 

“I’m so sorry.” Jongin said softly and Kris kept his cool.

 

“Are you really sorry?” Kris looked into Jongin’ eyes, he was trying to search for the slightest sign of remorse in the boy’s eyes.

 

“Yes!” Jongin was now trying to close the gap between them. Kris saw desperation in Jongin’ eyes and thought maybe Jongin would actually be keen on confess to the others.

 

“Are you really sorry?” Kris had to ask once more to verify his assumption.

 

“Yes I am.” Jongin finally managed to close the distance between them, wrapping his arms around Kris and finally placing a light butterfly kiss on Kris’ lips. Kris stood still and watched Jongin intensely.

 

“Please say something Kris!” Jongin decided to go for seconds, placing his lips firmly against Kris’ as an attempt to soften the giant.

 

“Then go tell everyone what truly happened last night.” Jongin loosened his arms around Kris and stared at the ground.  Kris clicked his tongue out of disgust when he had realized that Jongin was not strong willed enough to tell everyone what took place.

 

“I thought as much! Excuse me; I think I’m going to be late for my therapy session with Jess.” Kris turned sharply away from Jongin and was about to leave when Jongin pulled his arm again.  

 

“Kris, please.” Jongin held on tightly to Kris’ arm.

 

“Be careful, I don’t want anyone to think I’m molesting you again.” Kris pulled away from Jongin once more.

 

“Oh and Jongin, You’re cute but not that cute.” Kris finally managed to walk away from Jongin, leaving Jongin stand all alone with his mouth wide open.

 

Jongin wasn’t sure on how to analyze Kris’ last remark. Was Kris finally fed up of him? Was Kris finally giving up on perusing him?

 

While Jongin was still in deep thought he felt someone pulling his arm roughly.

 

“Ouch that hurts!” Jongin felt Luhan digging his nails into his skin as Luhan pulled Jongin to the nearest corner.

 

“I’m not hurting you as much as you are hurting Kris at the moment.” Luhan was whispering and finally loosened his grip on the boy’ arm.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you causing Kris so much pain? Were you lying when you told me you like him?” Luhan looked as if he was ready to slap Jongin for behaving so childishly.

 

“It’s complicated.” Jongin rubbed his sore arm and looked away from Luhan.

 

“So my intuition was right all along! You went after Kris didn’t you?!” Luhan smacked his head when he realized how stupid he was being for not thinking of this earlier. Luhan knew Kris was capable of a lot of things but being a molester was not his style.

 

Jongin was ready to take the first step away from Luhan when Luhan yanked him back into the corner, slamming Jongin’ back against the wall.

 

“You better make things right with Kris; I’m really disappointed in you Jongin. Do you know how much Kris has sacrificed for you? Do you know how much that man loves you? That man is taking the blame for you! You don’t know how lucky you have it, he literally worships the ground you walk on and all you keep managing to do to him is break his heart.” Luhan was hoping to knock some serious sense into Jongin.

 

“I know Kris loves me.” Jongin stared at the magazine Kris was reading earlier.

 

“The only question left to answer is whether you love him enough to do the right thing. Do me a favor and just grow up!” Luhan shoved Jongin up against the wall and walked away. Jongin leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. Luhan was right and if Jongin was to have any possible future with Kris he would have to do something drastic to change their current situation.

 

Jongin set down on the very spot Kris was sitting on earlier on, picked up the magazine from the coffee table and hugged it in his arms.

 

“I’m so sorry Kris. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Jongin started tearing up. He had no clue on how to make things right again with Kris. He thought if he confessed to the others, surely they will all judge him and probably think he acted prematurely. Jongin thought that if he lets Kris take the blame, he would manage to find some other way to make it up to Kris. Jongin truly felt as if he was really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

 

Jongin really liked Kris and wanted to have a chance to develop his feelings for him and right now things seemed pretty bleak.

 

About a few hours later Jongin saw Kris walking Jessica towards the front door and finally waving good bye.

 

“Hey Kris.” Jongin’ words fell on deaf ears as Kris bumped his shoulder against Jongin’ before disappearing into the corridor.

 

Jongin sighed and felt as if things were going to be trickier from now on.

 

~

 

All the EXO members were finally boarding the airplane and Xiumin was super excited to see Kris coming along. Everyone seat near the person they felt most comfortable with. Sehun was really pissed off to see Kris and had wished he had gone back to Canada. Kris was sitting all alone when Luhan finally decided to keep him company.

 

“Hey.” Luhan smiled at Kris.

 

“Hey yourself.” Kris gave a brief smile.

 

“I’m so excited to be going to Tokyo.” Luhan was trying to make some small talk to pass the time.

 

“You know the cherry blossoms are really beautiful at this time…It’s a really great time to have a picnic.” Luhan was babbling.

 

“Can you please leave me alone?” Kris turned to face the window as the airplane took off.

 

“Don’t worry, things won’t always be like this. “ Luhan squeezed Kris’ hand before leaving to sit next to Xiumin.

 

After 1 hour and 57 minutes the airplane landed on Haneda Airport in Tokyo.  When the boys arrived at the airport they were greeted by thousands of screaming fan boys and girls. The SM staff did their best trying to protect the boys from the raging crowd.

 

They all dived into the screaming fans as they tried to push their way through the crowd. Suho was holding onto D.O’ hand the whole time so that they wouldn’t get separated from each other while Jongin trailed behind them. With no warning at all, Jongin got swallowed whole into the crowd.

 

“D.O-“Jongin tried to shout out his hyung’ name but he was getting knocked back and forth through the screaming fans.

 

One fan managed to knock Jongin so hard against his chest that it sent Jongin tumbling, Jongin was slowly sinking to the ground and could literally feel his body spinning out of control. Before Jongin’ body could hit the ground he felt someone pulling him up.

 

“Thank you.”  Jongin turned around and his heart almost stopped when he saw that it was Kris who had caught him in midair.

 

“Hold on to me.” Those are the only words Kris uttered. Jongin locked his arms around Kris’ arm as Kris pushed his way through the crowd and Jongin only managed to peek now and then to see if they were finally out of harm’s way.

 

They finally managed to get away from the crazy fanatics and saw the rest of the members inside the two vehicles waiting for them.

 

“Thank God Jongin’ alive!” D.O ran out of the car to meet the two boys half way. Kris loosened Jongin’ tight grip when he saw D.O coming.

 

Jongin unhooked his arms around Kris’ arm and allowed Kris to walk away. Kris went into the vehicle behind the one D.O departed from.

 

“Are you okay Jongin?” D.O gave Jongin a huge hug.

 

“Yes I am and it’s all thanks to Kris, I don’t know what I would have done without him helping me get through the raging crowd.” Jongin watched Kris climbing into the car and sighed.

 

“Jongin this is what Kris does! He uses good deeds to draw you in and once you drop your guard he will try to pounce on you like he did last night.” D.O pulled Jongin into the vehicle and made him sit in-between himself and Suho.

 

Jongin turned to stare at the other vehicle Kris was in. Jongin sighed and placed his earphones into his ears and sank into his seat.

 

A/N: Hey guys :D Thank you so much for your constant support, it really does spur me on to do this fic eventhough we are facing tough times with Kris suing SM. Let's just keep the hope alive and carry on shipping KrisKai no matter  what happens, Thank you. xoxo