Chapter 8

Memories From Yesterday

After storming off the class, you decided to go to the restroom to ease yourself. "Aish! That girl is so annoying sometimes!" you said while stomping your feet. Suddenly you heard a beep sound. It's from your phone, indicating that you received a new message. Thinking that it's Harin, you opened the message without further ado. Upon reading it, your excitement died down and your expression changed in to blank one.

 

From: Unknown

Let's meet up in the library for the tutorial session today.

- Love, the handsome Jung Jinyoung <3

To: You   Sent: 3:45pm

 

You raised a brow once you're done reading it. *How did he get my number? I don't remember exchanging numbers with him. Strange. Tsk tsk.* you bit your bottom lip while wondering whether to send a reply to him or not. After contemplating for a long time, you decided to just reply. So you typed some words and pressed the 'send' button.

 

~~~~~~~~~ 

Jinyoung is whistling coolly while walking at the hallway. He saw Mr. Park walking across from him so he went towards him to greet the teacher. "Hello Mr. Park!" Jinyoung greeted. Mr. Park looked up and saw Jinyoung standing in front of him. "Ooh. Jinyoung-ah, how are you?" Mr. Park asked. "I'm fine Mr. Park, how about you?" Jinyoung answered. "That's good to hear then. I'm also fine. Anyway, how's the tutorial with Jihyun going on?" After Mr. Park asked that question, he remembered that he doesn't have any contact to her to inform where they should meet.

 

"Well, so far it's good. We're having our second session today since I'm a bit busy last week so we only had one session. Anyway, do you have any contact information like number of her? Can I have it? I don't know how to inform her about today's session, what if she forgot?" Jinyoung said and waited for Mr. Park to respond.

 

"I think I have her number, follow me to my office so that I can give it to you." Mr. Park said. Then they made their way to the office. As soon as Jinyoung got her number he said a quick "Thank You" to his teacher and went out of the office. "I should send her a message, but what will I say?" he said to himself and typed out some words.

 

To: Jihyun

Ya! Don't forget about the tutorial today after class! I'll kill you if you do!

 

"Aish! no no... I sound like a gangster or even a murderer." He mumbled and deleted it.

 

Tutorial later, don't forget. Okay?

 

"It doesn't sound good. No. Not this. Delete. Delete."

 

It's me, Jinyoung. What time will you get dismissed?

 

"What the? It's like I'm waiting for her and I'm not waiting." he said once again and ruffled his hair. After his so many failed attempts he finally sent one.

 

To: Jihyun

Let's meet up in the library for our tutorial session today.

-Love, the handsome Jung Jinyoung <3

From: Me    Sent: 3:45pm

 

After a few minutes, his phone beeped. It's a message from you.

 

From: Jihyun

I'm on my way

To: Me  Sent: 3:51pm

 

"What?! She only replied to me with just "I'm on my way"?!" Jinyoung mumbled with a frown. He then made his way to the library and wait for his student. 

 

When he came inside, he found Jihyun sitting on one of the chairs near the window reading some books. But before going to Jihyun, Jinyoung went to the other side first and get some books for references. 

 

"Which one should I get?" he mumbled to himself while looking at the bookshelves. He picked every book he saw that is helpful for the tutorial and after that went to where you are. 

 

~~~~

 

You got startled because of the books that fell on the table. It was caused by Jinyoung, the devil himself. You looked up and saw him smirking. You frowned and said, Can't you be more gentle? Can you?" 

 

"Well, what can I do? The books are so heavy. Just shut up and let's start the tutorial." he said and sat on the chair across from you. "Okay let's begin! Where did we stopped last time?" he asked but you just stared at him not remembering anything. 

 

"I don't know. I can't remember anything." you answered and averted your eyes from him. He looked at you and shook his head.

 

"Then let's start from the very beginning. Where are your notes? Let me see it." He said. I searched for my notes in my bag and handed it to him. He immediately reviewed what I wrote there. 

 

While he was scanning the notes that I gave him, I can't stop myself from staring at him. At that very moment I realized how gorgeous his face was. He has a smooth skin, actually, smoother than mine and it's humiliating since I am a girl. 

 

I just can't help thinking what skincare product is he using. It's so perfect and the way he reads is so heart-thumping. I feel something electrifying and I think it is dangerous for my heart.

But I can't believe what am I seeing right now. I can see that he is serious with his lessons but why doesn't it look like it?

 

I have been staring at him for too long that I haven't realized that he is already looking at me. I just came back to my senses when he spoke. "Do you really love staring at my face that bad?" He said and shook his head.

 

Upon realizing my actions, my face heated up and it was so red by now. I just coughed it off. "Ehem ehem so let's start?" I asked.

 

"Alright! So after looking at your notes, I will start with Circuits. Do you know what circuit is?" He asked while staring at me as if he's trying to intimidate me.

 

I'm trying to focus and rumbling all the knowledge I stocked up inside my head but I can't find the answer to that. Am I that idiot? I shut my eyes while pondering the answer to that question. Think. Think. Think....

 

Upon seeing my face, Jinyoung clicked his tongue while shooking his head. "You're really hopeless, aren't you? No wonder why you need a tutor." Just hearing that words from him, I felt like crying. Well I am really crying, internally though.

 

"I assume you don't know. So I'll just say this, you better listen for I won't repeat myself. Understand?" He strictly said. I just nodded, embarrassedly.

 

"Circuit is a path between two or more points along which an electrical current can be carried. There are types of circuit - the series circuit, parallel circuit and the combination of the two series-parallel circuit." He keeps blabbering about circuits and later on I'm not following what is he saying.

 

"That's all. Did you understand?" OMG. It was already done? "Get a whole sheet of paper. Let's check your knowledge." Now I'm already panicking. What should I do? What if I failed this?  

 

But even though I don't want to, I still do what he instructed me. Later on he asked questions and for every question I did my best to answer.

 

To my shock, I unexpectedly did well but not that well. Atleast I answered some questions. Maybe, just maybe am I saved? Saved from failing this very complicated subject?