Do Kyungsoo

My Contract with Mr. Byun.

Rule Two: Express yourself more. Be open to share your ideas and feelings.

[Hyemi's POV]

I dashed hurriedly to school as whispers escaped from people’s mouths. “Hey mute kid!” One shouted. Did I care at this comment at this point? No, not anymore. “Yah! I’m talking to you.” I turned around annoyed by the fact that I was late and he was getting in my way.

 

I took out my notebook and speedily wrote something and chucked the piece of paper at him before running off. ‘I don’t care. It’s not like you’re important  for me to talk to you anyways.’ He groaned in irritation making me smile before disappearing totally. I took a deep breath hoping my teacher wasn’t here yet as I opened the door. 

 

Such luck doesn’t always happen.

 

“Ms Go. You’re late.” Mrs Kim said stiffly.

 

“I’m sorry, Mrs Kim. I won’t do that again.” I murmured.

 

“Alright, see me after school.” She instructed and I gaped but I nodded anyways, no use defying a strict and proper teacher like her. I scuffled to my seat in the back of the class and quietly laid out my books on the desk. Once, she left the classroom for even a second, whispers we’re exchanged with one another... about me. I clasped me hands on my ears not wanting to listen to the non-sense I’ve been hearing my whole life but I was always afraid of that. The exchanged glances and whispers, I hated it but I couldn’t do anything about it. No one was there to protect me.

 

As a child, I lost my parents and was blamed by my grandmother. 'What a nuisance to the family.' 'I feel so ashamed of her acts.' She would always exclaim. Outside, I may seem like a introvert and not want to be loved but how can a human survive without love? I was dying inside and not one soul knew. 

 

“Hyemi? You okay?” A warm voice asked and I looked up. My eyes we’re blurred but the voice seemed so familiar.

 

“K-Kyungsoo?” I whispered. A chuckle escaped out of his mouth and I could tell it was them. He held me up and dragged me away, “W-where?” I asked. I was a girl with few words and so was he making us get along well.

 

“Roof top.” I nodded and let him lead the way. Once, we arrived me handed me tissues and I wiped my tears, “Such a cry baby.” he commented. I didn’t feel like talking so I took out a notebook. 

 

‘You are too! It’s not my fault okay?’. I sniffled and he nodded, hair bouncing as he did so.

 

“Mind telling me why you’re crying?” 

 

“I-I don’t k-know. Maybe, all the fears I’ve tried to bottle up just let loose?” I chuckled bitterly.

 

“Don’t force yourself, Hyemi.” He encouraged and I nodded, “I noticed you talk more now, more than ever really.”  

 

“Mhm, a few years of not talking to people seems so tiring, but I guess, I needed a change.” I spoke which made him so more bewildered.

 

“It’s nice to talk but, who made you...?” He drifted off, “Baekhyun isn’t it?” He caught me off guard as he questioned me. I stared at him, shocked. “I’m right.” He clicked his fingers.

 

I absentmindedly nodded before snapping back to reality. “How...?” 

 

“We’re friends.” He stated and I nodded again, “How?” This time it was Kyungsoo’s turn to question me.

 

“Contract.” I told him. 

 

“Contract?” 

 

“Mhm.”

 

“To be your boyfriend?” He asked.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Absurd.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

“I know.” I answered managing a giggle.

 

“And, you agreed?” He questioned staring at me with his big eyes.

 

“Yeah. Seemed like it was for his crush.” I answered.

 

“Crush? You mean-”

 

“Yeah, her.” 

 

“Isn’t that called using one person to get what you want?”

 

“Yep. Not that I mind. I don’t care anyways.” I answered without hesitation.

 

“You don’t care? At all?” 

 

“Should I?” I asked Kyungsoo thrown into confusion.

 

“N-no!” He exclaimed flustered and I managed to crack a smile that day. Soon, after our conversation, we both headed downstairs and I headed to the classrooms. Even if you were a minute late, Mrs Kim would lecture you about being on time and then give you a detention. It wasn’t always that lucky though.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” I spoke bowing many times. I looked up when I heard no scolding or response.

 

No one. There wasn’t one person in the room. I checked my watch to see if I was late and furrowed my eyebrow when I figured I was on time. “Where’s everyone?” I mumbled and just when I was about to step out, a voice replied.

 

“You might want to check the blackboard.” Although, I was creeped out, I checked it.

 

{No detention today, urgent meeting happening.}

 

I groaned and check the time again before dashing off the my next class. I really didn’t want another lecture.

By the time school finished, Baekhyun was waiting for me at my last class. I was surely shocked and even pretended to not know of his existence. “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Rule number 1. Don’t ignore me. Ever.” He reminded me of the rules written on the contract.

 

"H-hey! That wasn't rule one!" I exclaimed and he simply smiled.

 

 I looked up and smiled before walking to his left to which he blocked. “You’re not escaping, missy.”

 

“Fine, what is it?” I spoke up crossing my arms and he beamed at me.

 

“Finally, you talk!” 

 

“I am. Happy? Now get out of my way.” I urged and pushed him slightly. 

 

“No, I’m not leaving until you tell me what was all the commotion about this morning.” He pouted.

 

“Aegyo’s not gonna work, pretty boy. Ask Kyungsoo about it, if you’re so curious.” I replied and I managed to escape from his blocking.

 

“What? B-but!” He ran up to me as I just still looked ahead of me ignoring him. “Then, can we hang out?” 

 

“Why are you so eager?” I asked him turning to meet his eyes.

 

“I want to know you’re life story.”

 

“Not much happened.” 

 

“Really?” 

 

“Kind of private. Not ever telling you.” I replied.

 

“Aww why not? We’re-” I shut his mouth by covering it.

 

“Not going to talk about it right?” I threatened, I released my hand and he blabbed on. “Kyunggie!” I called, I smiled at him before I ran to his side.

 

“What’s wrong?” 

 

“Help me, will you? I’m getting a head ache with his blabbing.” I commented which earned a chuckle from Kyungsoo.

 

“Isn’t it lively though?” 

 

“Kyungsoo!”