'Date'

My Contract with Mr. Byun.

Rule One: The more you talk, the more the day will go by.


[Hyemi's POV]

“Date?” I ask as I furrowed my brow. He stops walking and turns to me gasping.

 

“D-don’t tell me...” He mutters in utter surprise.

 

“What?”

 

“You don’t know what a date is?” He asks and I nearly burst out laughing. Of course I would know! I’ve been there, done that... 

 

Although, I knew I shook my head, “Woah! What do you do in your lifetime? You must know what a date is!” He exclaims eyes, widening like little Kyungsoo’s. Yes, I know Do Kyungsoo.

 

I take out my note book to avoid him noticing my stutters while I was lying. ‘A date? Of course I know! Today’s the 9th of May.’ He blankly stares at me with a are-you-kidding-me look.

 

“Oh gosh! You’re so behind in society!” He gasps and he points to the couples that are spreaded around the park we just had arrived to. “They are all dating.” I nod but I am apparently restraining myself to not suddenly roll like a buffalo laughing.

 

“So...?” I mutter.

 

“That’s what exactly what we are doing.” He sends me a dashing grins that can make thousands of hearts flutter. 

 

Nope. Not me.“Let’s go then...” 

 

“Yeap! You are gonna learn about dating!” He beamed. Really? Learn about dating? Is this kid serious? This is going to be fun. Mind the sarcasm. 

 

Baekhyun pulled me to the streets filled with delicious food at the food stalls. He stopped and I, being curious, looked at him to see that he was staring what was in front of him, which was the food, while drooling. He looked at me and pointed to the delicious street food that seemed to be calling him. “Can we eat first? I’m starving.” I nod in response and he drags me. 

 

We order what we both want and Baekhyun pays. “Usually, on a date the guy pays.” He comments and I face palm myself in embarrassment. We sit there and eat sharing bites along the way. “You’re a natural! I wouldn’t have thought someone who hasn’t dated before knew what couples did.”

 

“I observe.” Deng! Wrong. Well... partly.

 

“Hyemi?” His voice. Why did he have to call my name? 

 

“Ya! That guy’s calling you.” Baekhyun said while eating. I took a deep breath hoping it wasn’t him and I was having my own delusions.

 

“Hye- It is you!” He called. I so regretted following Baekhyun’s words.

 

“What is it?” I said in a mono tone.

 

“Aw! Don’t be so bitter to your best friend!” He exclaimed and my eye twitched. Best friend? When did he become my best friend after dumping me? That’s right you read that correctly. He freaking dumped me.

 

“Sorry, but my boyfriend and I have a date so, please leave.” I said harshly which caught him of guard.

 

“I never knew you had a boyfriend! You never contacted me too!” He pouted. Ugh, disgusting! I would’ve been head over heels in love with him doing that but not now. I pulled Baekhyun and marched away.

 

“Hey wait!” Baekhyun called from behind me. Wait. Behind me. I turn and looked at Baekhyun waving his hands about while I look at who or what I was grabbing on to. A mop. So embarrassing. I let go of it and gestured for Baekhyun to come faster in which he did. 

 

“Why did you take the mop?” He stared at the mop.

 

“Nothing.” I answered, “Let’s go.” 

 

“Where.”

 

“Home.”

 

“Why?” He asks.

 

“It’s late.” I answer.

 

“5 PM” He retorts.

 

“Yea, that’s late.” I answer.

 

I enjoy these small talks. Don’t judge.

 

“No, it’s not.”

 

“Fine, where now?” I looked at him sighing as his eyes twinkled.

 

“Somewhere fun.”

 

“The amusement park? or a playground with lights?” I asked and he seemed to be caught off guard.

 

“How?”

 

“Boys Over Flowers.” I plainly mention.

 

“You watch those dramas?”

 

“Problem?” I question.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Good.”

 

“What now? You ruined the surprise.” He questioned looking glum.

 

“Let’s go.” I encourage seeing his sad face.

 

“Where?”

 

“Anywhere you want.”

 

“But-”

 

“I’m going hom-”

 

“Wait!” Baekhyun yelled clutching onto my arm as I was about to leave.“Let’s go.” He smiled at me and I shrug. He skips far ahead of me and shouts happily with some words along the lines of ‘Yay she agreed and WOOHOO’ I chuckle at this sight and grab my camera, from my bag, not forgetting to take the moment. I smiled to myself without knowing as I stared at the photo. “Yah! Slow poke!” I jerk my head towards his direction to see him way ahead of me. I put my camera in my bag and run towards Baekhyun.

 

After the tiring day at with Baekhyun, I forgot all my homework and fatigue controlled me as I feel asleep once I had gotten home. 

 

Author's POV

“So, this is where she’s been staying at.” A figure smirked, eyeing the place.

 


Author's Comment: Well, they're going on a date. Yay! Sorry, if I don't update regulary!!