Empty

My Contract with Mr. Byun.

Rule Five: Don't develop feelings or ask absurb requests that involve romance with each other. Basically, stick to the mission of Baekhyun's love.


[Baekhyun’s POV]

“Kiss me.” I uttered. I widened my eyes when she slapped me gently.

 

“Are you out of your mind?” She asked glaring at me.

 

“Oh, sorry! I umm...”

 

“I’ll just forget you just said it.” She says and I nod, too timid to speak my mind.

 

“Uh, sorry it shocked you.” She waves her hand at me telling me to forget it.

 

Hyemi walks away and I stand there recalling what had happened a few minutes ago. -Why did I ask her that?- 

 

Oh, I know why. 

 

I’m thinking she’s just Taeyeon, yeah, that’s it. I’ll break this contract after Taeyeon and I become an item. I know I seem heartless and presumably a jerk but, I couldn’t careless at this moment. She knows why I dated her and, we’re not even dating for real it’s not considered cheating, is it? 

 

“Hey Byun Baek!” Hyemi calls and gestures me to come over. I listen to her and trail like a puppy. 

 

“What is it now?” 

 

“When this contract ends,” She gulps making me nervous, “can we still be friends?” I take a moment to process her words.

 

“O...h yea, why not?” I finally answer and she looks at me confused. 

 

“You don’t seem too sure but I’ll take that answer.” She giggles. It’s a nice laughter, I wish she would do it more often. 

 

“Come on, we have afternoon classes today! You’re gonna be late!” She cheers and I hurriedly run. 

 

“Wait, how do you know I have afternoon classes?” 

 

“I’m your girlfriend, I’m supposed to know what my oh-so-precious boyfriend has.” She rolls her eyes obviously showing her sarcasm.

 

“Oh, I never knew.” I comment and she stops. 

 

“You’re in THAT class. Now, make a good impression.” She cheered and patted my shoulder.

 

“Why so?” I question furrowing my eyebrows.

 

“Look.” She gestures pointing to Taeyeon. 

 

“Thanks, I owe you one.”

 

“You owe me heaps.” She says before dashing off. I scoff before breaking out into a smile and, slightly whisper a gratitude of thanks once again. I walk in the classroom and it silences, in the corner of my eyes, I see Taeyeon smiling the beautiful smile of hers, the smile that I adore and using the voice, that is music to my ears. 

 

“Byun Baekhyun, sit there.” The teacher points to an empty spot next to Taeyeon’s and I’m at bliss. I bow at the teacher out of gratitude and stride over to the back seat. I focus on the class before my eyes cast off somewhere likely to be at Taeyeon. Okay, I might some like a crazy man but I’m not. It’s what you call love. True, I did fall for her when I had just met her glaze but does it matter? 


 

[Hyemi's POV]

After one afternoon, I had received Baekhyun and my timetable for the new classes, I knew I was in the same class as Taeyeon’s. I didn’t stalker her for the timetable or anything, I simply saw it one day laying there on her table. So, I went up to the supervisor and asked if I could change my classes with Baekhyun’s and my excuse was? That I felt more comfortable, in that lonely dark room with scary people, and believe or not, she believed me. 

 

I don’t know why I did that but I guess, because it’s for me to help Baekhyun get what he wants and, part ways. I run to my class which I knew I was late 10 minutes ago, and face the trouble I’ll get there. I open the door separating me from the class that I hate and gulp. “YOU’RE LATE MISSY.” The teacher bellows. I become mute at that moment, the experience was so terrifying, “I’LL DEAL WITH YOU LATER SO, SIT AT THE BACK FOR NOW.”

 

I nod before rushing to the back not, before tripping over people’s feet, which are obviously, a set up for me to get into more trouble. “GO HYEMI, QUIETLY GO TO THE BACK BEFORE YOU GET EXPELLED.” The teacher bellows again and I nod biting back my tears. I sit in the back with intimidating backs facing me and I feel ever so small against them. Like, how I felt when my grandmother punished me daily ever since I had moved in. 

 

By the end of the class I did not dare leave but, I guessed the teacher had forgotten me and left the class chatting to the ‘popular role models’. I went out and checked for the teacher before jolting out to the gates where, Baekhyun had promised to meet. I ran and was about to shout his name but, the sight of Taeyeon made me stop. I shouldn’t distract them, Baekhyun might even had asked her out for a date or something. That was when I realised that he wasn’t only occupied by me and that he is shared to everyone else.

 

I ran away, avoiding Baekhyun and more likely, reality. I stopped somewhere and eventually broke down, I cried and cried releasing all my pains for 16 years of my life. “Hyemi!” A voice cried out before embracing me into a warm hug, “I won’t ask what happened, but I’ll stay with you until, you cry all your sorrows out.” I guess it was Baekhyun because his voice and embrace seemed all familiar to me as I hugged him.

 

After a while, I finally had stopped and calmed down. “Baekhyun...” I uttered and he looked at me with his kind looking eyes showing sincerity. 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“Why are you here?” I asked with my voice cracked.

 

“I saw you running away with tears and I was worried.” He explained.

 

“W-what about...”

 

“Taeyeon?” He asked, “I ditched her, I have more chances anyways.”

 

“B-but.”

 

“No, buts, a month isn’t over yet and you want to get rid of me?” He asked jokingly making me at least raise a slight smile, “that’s better! You look prettier when you smile.” Then I frown and he frowns making me burst into laughter.

 

“What? Do I have something on me?” He asks and I shake my head.

 

“Let’s go, it’s late.” I say and sit up with my wobbly legs. 

 

“Woah, there. Here, let me help.” He offers he hand for balance, “How was class?”

 

“It was fun.” I comment.

 

“Really?” He says with excitement.

 

“Yeah...” I nod and try to smile happily, “What about you? I saw you talking to Taeyeon, how’s it going?”  

 

“Umm, fine but you had to wreak it by running away in tears.” He mocked scoffing.

 

“Well, mister, you saw me and decided to be a hero!” I retorted sarcastically. 

 

“I wanna help you out.” He retorted.

 

“Is that your argument? Wow.” I said sarcastically. 

 

“Yes, it is. Problem?” He asks laughing.

 

“Yes, it is a problem.” I answer. 

 

“Ugh!” A voice which sounds familiar grunts. Both Baekhyun and I turn around to see Taeyeon injured and blood dripping from her knee. I nudge Baekhyun signalling him to help her out but, he just looks at me worriedly.

 

“I’ll be fine, just go and help her.” I encouraged and he dashed towards her without looking back at me. 

 

It hurts.

 

I don’t know why but seeing Baekhyun, without any hesitation, go to Taeyeon, make me want to cry. I know I mustn’t cry but I feel empty without an accompany.

 

A dear friend.

 

I walk home feeling all limp that day and, when I reach I see my ex boyfriend. 

 

Ahn Jae Hyun.  


Author's Comment: Okay, I'm not trying to make Ahn Jae Hyun the bad guy here okay? He just suits the character I have in mind! I still adore him from You Who Came From The Stars and Blood :)