Invisible

My Contract with Mr. Byun.

6th May, 2013.

Hyemi's POV

I groggily opened my eyes as the sun shone through my window sill. I groaned as the alarm rang telling me to wake up. I kicked the clock as I wrapped myself using the blanket. -What time is it?- I cracked my eyes open once again; 7:00 am. -Crap! I'm late- I hurry down falling down in the process. -Ouch! Another bruise for the day- *Sigh* I get ready for school as usual, and I run to catch the bus.

 

I sit at the end of the bus staring outside. "Whoops! I didn't see you there" a voice says and I look up. A soggy essence is on my dress and I notice the surprise on people's faces. -Eggs again? I'll have to clean it later

 

"I'm sorry! Here I'll help you clean it up when we get to school" the person says. Then I notice that she goes to my school. "I'm Han Jihae, nice to meet you." I pick up my notebook and jot something down.

 

'Hyemi, Go Hyemi.'  I show her. "Oh? You're mute?" I shake my head. "Okay..." She awkwardly says and looks away, we both then stay in an uncomfortable silence. 

 

"Jihae!! Hey!" Someone calls from the crowd. 

 

"Oh I'm here! I'm coming!" She shouts and sends me a look of pity. "Umm... My friends are calling, sorry" I shake my head and jot something down. Too late. She runs down the bus and catches up with her friends. 

 

'Go ahead I don't mind...' My notebook says. I inwardly sigh as I just lost another chance to make a friend, not that I cared anyways. I turn my attention back to the window and stare at it until I reach school. 

 

I walk slowly, both hands grabbing the strap of my back pack. I hum a song as I walk the path to school while others run laughing and chattering. I inwardly sigh as I reach the gates, locked gates. I emotionlessly throw my bag over the gate and climb over the gate. Luckily, I'm wearing tracksuit pants underneath my skirt. There was always something I've wonder but didn't get, why didn't girls wear these tracksuit pants? They say its too hideous but I find them fine and comfortable to wear. I shrug off my random thoughts and continue climbing.

 

"Hey! Kiddo!" A guys voice calls I turn my head back to see Byun Baekhyun. The schools so-called perfect guy. I simply shrug and continue climbing. "Yah! I'm talking about you!" He points at me, I suppose. I turn around and look around finding signs of another soul. Nope, just me. I point to myself and tilt my head. "Yes, you!" 

 

I take my notebook again and write; 'What about me?'

 

"What are you doing? Talk to me!" He shouts. -What a attitude!- I blow my bangs and jump over to the other side. "Hey!" I head to class leaving a yelling dude behind the locked gates. Slamming the door of my locker, I gather my books for my first classes not after I clean my skirt that is.

 

I open the door of class 2A and head in the quiet room. I pull the chair and it screeches telling everyone someone was in class. After sitting down, I get ready for the Maths lesson. During half way though, the teacher walks around the class and overlooks all the students. "Oh Hyemi when did you arrive? I didn't notice." He says. -Gee. I'm not that quiet am I?- 

 

'I arrived earlier. Sorry if I didn't make my presence known.' It said. He chuckled.

 

"It's fine, no harm done." He said. "Ugh, what a hassle! I have to go back and change everything again." He then after muttering as he walked away. -What's wrong with these people?-

 

Lunch soon came and everyone dispersed loudly chatting on the way. "OMO!! OPPPAAA BE MY BOYFRIEND!!" "HAVE A DATE WITH ME" "I BROUGHT YOU GUYS LUNCH!" "KYAA BAEKIIEEE~" I cover my ears from the deafening noise of the loud cheers. "BAEK! PLAY WITH US!" "YEA WE NEED YOU FOR THE SECOND ROUND OF SOCCER!" Just no use! The noise can even make a deaf person deaf.  

 

All the ruckus outside the hall just makes me shake my head. -Now how can I go out without being squished?- I decided to just make a run for it and somehow it works. I can't believe I made it to the back garden today, I wonder what all the commotion was? "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKHYUN OPPPAAAA~" a crowd of girls scream. Oh, that's why. It's that perfect upperclassman's birthday. It always happens, whenever it's one of the hearttrobs' birthday the girls become a screaming and running herd of fear. 

 

I lay down on the green grass and close my eyes. *RINGG* -Not now!-I stand up sighing and head to collect all my books. Going to my class, surprisingly, the corridors were still crowded with girls. "KYA, BAEKHYUN OPPA!!" They shout, crowding the so-called Baekhyun.

 

"Help m-me" he pants grabbing me. -When did he get here?- "Please just for awhile" I hadn't made a choice yet as he holds my hands and declare he's my boyfriend. I take a while to process and when I had my eyes widen as big as a owls. It just happened so so fast.

 

"What? Oppa! She's not even from our school!" They exclaim. Wow, what a way to decrease someone's self esteem! This wasn't mean girls for goodness sake!

 

"Who's says? She's wearing the uniform and has the name tag." He argues. The girls are speechless but come up with another reason.

 

"S-she's a NOBODY Oppa!" Another says. I feel another arrow attacks my heart and people over towering me. I'm scared.

 

"A nobody?!? Why would my girlfriend be a nobody?" He questions. My heart starts thumping but it only lasts for awhile. "Leave!" He tells them and they scamper away. He then turns to me and he eyes immediately soften, "you okay?"

 

I nod. "Sorry if you were scared." He says and I shake my head, he chuckles at my action and I look up. "Thanks for helping, it gets tough." He answers even though I didn't speak. "Sorry about this morning too." He apologizes. I shake my hands saying its alright. "Let's go." He pulls me. I stop him and write on a page.

 

'Where are we going?' It says. "The back garden." He simply answers and pulls me past the classes. The stares the students are giving me feels weird and I just want to hide. "Okay... First things first, are you perhaps mute?" -Oh, why does everyone ask that?- I hesitate before shaking my head. "Sure?" I furrow my brow before jotting down a yes. "Oh sorry! It just seemed that you were hesitating." He leads us to a seat in the chairs in the middle. 

 

"Second, what class are you in?" He questions. I really feel like I did some sin or something to be questioned like this. He must've knew what I was thinking as he added in "Ahh... sorry! I don't mean for you to be pressured!" 

 

I write my answer down in a blank page of the book. '2A' 

 

"I'm in that class too! Why haven't I seen you?" He asks. -Great, I'm officially a ghost.- I shrug as I don't know why. "Anyways help me." He requests.

 

'Help you?' I show him and he nods seriousness shown in his eyes.

 


Author's Comment: First update people! If this is not what you expected I'm terribly sorry :/ anyways please comment for feedback it won't cost you anything!! Seriously, I hope I won't disappoint you and if you have something to complain about this story or you simply wanna talk to me you can PM me anytime.