The Black Cat of Death : Part 1

Son Of Evil

First part in a two-part chapter...Please don't hate me.

Told to kill off her best friend and the Prince's suitor, what will Soon Hwa do? Will she do what she was told, like the Silent Shadow she is? Or will her human emotions and affection for the boy change her views? Coming up next on Son of Evil (SoE). Don't change channel!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hot tears rolled across her cheek as her hair whipped around her face, her body bobbing fluidly with her galloping horse. The pain that pulled at her heart felt like a thousand hot needles had been stabbing relentlessly at it. Minho’s words rang through her mind ‘I hope they are disposed of by the end of the week.’ And here she was now, on the last hour of the 3 day journey to Southshire to kill the lovely Countess.

The castle wall loomed in the distance as the moon reflected off the many windows of the towers. Cringing, Soon Hwa thought of how the open road will expose her quickly so instead, she reigned Ciel into a nearby farm before paying the owners to keep shut about her being there.

---Meanwhile

Prince Minho stared boredly out the window, the chess game with Lord Taemin forgotten in front of him. The other 3 watched as his eyes faded into a distant look, dreaming about what they wouldn’t know. Lord Key walked over and patted his back, bringing the young Prince back to earth as he jerked forward and knocked the table over, the pieces scattering onto the floor. The SHINee lords jumped back, startled at his sudden outburst.

“Leave me alone right now…”

He stalked off, a painful and sad look on his face. Lord Taemin blinked innocently and looked to Lord Onew questioningly who shrugged and resumed grooming Kentucky. Lord Jonghyun scoffed and went back to his book while Lord Key looked towards the crystal pieces, two of them laid within the beam of light from outside. The black King remained still while the white Queen, reflecting the darkness through her crystal, sat in bits around him, the shattered remains of her loyalty to love and protect him.

---Rooftop, Southshire Castle

A cat slinked across the roof nimbly, the guards ignoring its shadow without a glance. Brown eyes flashed as the girl caught sight of the lady in the courtyard. Dropping herself behind the bush quickly, she silently moved closer to her target, fingers poised and ready to grab her sword. Suddenly a gently breeze picked up, rustling the bush gently and billowing the lady’s dress as it brushed past.

“You can come out. I won’t bite…or call the guards.”

This startled the girl, she reached towards her knife instead, slowly exiting her blown cover. The lady turned, her dress rustling and swaying smoothly with her movements. Countess Mi Yoon smiled gently at the figure before her, the small frame and helmet not helping her determine if it was a girl or boy.

“Who are you? Why are you here…?”

The figure moved towards her, staying silent and keeping its head down. It raised a hand towards its face and slide off the goggles gently. It raised its head, staring straight at her with unmoving eyes. Countess Mi Yoon gasped. She had never seen such murderous eyes, its depths cold and dark, like the endless pits of hell, the life drained and focussed on one sole purpose. Tears welled up in the Countess’s eyes as she backed away from the figure.

“Prince Minho?! Your Majesty what are you doing here? Please don’t hurt me…Please just don-“

Her high pitched scream was drowned out as the figure covered with a black-gloved hand. The pins that held her hair up fell lightly to the ground, her long locks falling over her shoulders and her eyes wide with fear. A warm feeling spread from her stomach while a chilling cold seeped through her limbs. The figure pulled away, a bloody knife in hand. Mi Yoon looked down at her dress, a small gash marked the intrusion and the dark red spreading outwards like a budding flower told her what has happened.

“Y-You…Why…? Was it…something I did…?”

The figure kept staring at her as Mi Yoon’s vision started to swim. She looked at her killer one last time before everything went black. The girl laid the pretty woman against the fountain as her bright eyes closed. Footsteps alerted her to someone running towards them, only one so it might not be a guard.

“Mi Yoon! Guess who? It’s your little brother! I bought you a nice brooch from Hangeng! He said he got it from-MI YOON!”

The boy ran towards the still figure on the fountain, eyes staring to overflow with tears as he gently shook his loving sister. His eyes scanned the courtyard and caught the girl staring back at him with the same empty eyes as when his sister saw them.

“You! You killed her! Why?! Who are you? Where are you from?”

The raging boy ran towards the girl, not realizing that the person was a female, and attacked her with his sword. Dodging gracefully, she stared longer at her attacker, ready to pull out her favourite dagger to fight. The clanging of metal on metal rang around the yard as the guards became alerted and ran towards them, ready to aid the brother of the dead Countess. Soon she had the boy where she wanted, the knife at his throat, backing towards a nearby bridge overlooking the large river.

“Drop your weapon and no one will be hurt…” said one of the guards.

“Let go of Henry!” a voice, later to be recognized as Kangin’s, called out.

‘Henry?’the light flickered back into her eyes like the rekindled flame of a candle. The guards watched as she pushed Henry back to them, and climbed onto the railings.

“Sir. Come down from there and you will not be killed. Please step down from the railing.”

She turned to look at them one last time as she leapt off the bridge and dived into the cold water below, not before hearing Henry shout out:

“PRINCE MINHO!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prince Minho? I guess they really are twins...But what now? She killed the Countess in cold blood, not even moved or disgusted about what she has done. But what's this? Henry is the Countess's little brother? What will this mean for their relationship? Does he know it's her? Will he hate her or still be her friend? Next time on SoE.

a/n: Died trying to kill her off D: Poor Mi Yoon...Mianhe! And as for the jumping off the bridge...I was thinking along the lines of the Assassin's Creed Leap of Faith.