Caramel Coffee

Baby Steps

Taeyeon looked at her brand new baby-g watch she bought a few days ago.
It was 7:00 P.M.
She had to drop off Mason at Yuri's house.

"Mason you ready?"

"Can you help me put on my back pack momma?"

Taeyeon rushed over to him and helped him put it on his other arm.
He made an okay signal with his hands. He put on an eyesmile.

"Let's go to Auntie Yuri's house now Mason."

"Okay. Does she have juice?"

"Her mental age is close to yours, so I'm sure of it."

"What is mental age momma?"

"Nothing. She has juice so lets go."

The two kids hopped into Taeyeon's luxurious car.

"Momma will I get a car like this?"

"Maybe. You can have mine when you are old enough."

"But it'll be old like you."

"MASON! I am not old okay? People actually call me a kid for your information."

Mason started laughing because her mom got serious over something silly.
Taeyeon the radio. Mason started singing gleefully. Taeyeon sung along.

"Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby!"

"Momma, Umma said that the girls who sing this song are y. What does y mean?"

"She said what?! Umm, y is... You should ask your mom since she said it and not me."

"But, i've heard you call Umma y before..."

Taeyeon blushed in front of her son. She quickly changed the subject when she pulled up in front of a very large house.

"Oh look! We're at Auntie Yuri's house..."

Mason was confused at why his mom was fretting over a word, but he just shrugged it off. He looked at the window and saw the beauty of the house.


Taeyeon rang the door bell. Yuri opened it with a facial mask on.

"AHHH!"

Both Taeyeon and Mason screamed. Mason ran behind his mom.

"What?!"

Yuri started looking in every direction.

"Your face! That's what. You scared the hell out of Mason...and me."

Taeyeon mumbled the last part.

"This is the hardships of being beautiful. Oh and Hyoyeon is here too. She wanted to see Mason. She mostly wanted to ask questions, but i told her to shut up."

"Thank You."

Taeyeon said to Yuri then smiled when she saw Hyoyeon walking down stairs. Hyoyeon smacked Yuri's head though. So she was a bit confused why she did that.

"I heard that you retard. She didn't tell me to shut up. I told her to shut up. Don't try to turn the tables around Kwon Yul."

Hyoyeon was put on an ice cold glare. Yuri was rubbing her head, putting on a guilty face. Not looking up at Hyoyeon. Taeyeon laughed at her stupid friends. She looked at her watch. 7:30 P.M.

"Holy guys. I have to leave! I'll answer your questions later!"

She shouted halfway down the driveway, running towards her car.
-
She arrived at the address she typed into her GPS.
She was about to knock on the door, but it swung open before she could.
Sunny was walking towards the door yelling at whoever else was in there.

"HEY! JESSICA! STOP STARING AT TIFFANY'S MODEL BODY AND COME CLOSE THE DOOR!"

"I'LL LOCK IT LATER! JUST LEAVE!"

The girl replied. Taeyeon started thinking.

"Jessica? Tiffany? Model?"

Sunny ran into Taeyeon. She didn't notice Taeyeon was standing there.

"ACK! Taeyeon? You're here already? It's 7:50. You're ten minutes early. I was going to stop by the gas station and get a flower for you or something."

Sunny was blushing when she said the last sentence.

"I can't come early? And you don't need to buy me flowers."

"You didn't buy me some did you?"

Sunny gave her a face.

"Nope."

Taeyeon replied to the girl, her head hanging to the floor. They both started laughing in harmony.
Taeyeon looked at Sunny for the first time since she got there. Her heart about to bulge out of her chest.

"Wow."

"Didn't you say that when we first met?"

"It's because you always surprise me."

Taeyeon winked. Sunny laughed.

"You're really something you know."

"I know. You don't have to tell me."

They walked into the car.

"Nice car."

"Thanks. Being a lawyer pays off."

"You're a lawyer?"

Sunny said astonished.

"Yeah. Why are you so surprised?"

"You don't seem like one that's why. And you're young."

"I told you, 26 isn't young."

Taeyeon  then remembered the conversation with Mason. She smirked.

"Okay, maybe I am young."

"Now you figure it out."

Taeyeon drove Sunny to the nearby cafe.
The bright red neon sign blinking.

Seoul Cafe

 They entered.

"Sunny-ah!"

A girl shouted.

"Seobaby!"

Taeyeon wondered how many girls Sunny knew. She just smiled at the girl who called out her date's name.

"And who is this."

Seohyun eyed Taeyeon carefully. Taeyeon stared at the girl back. Sunny replied.

"My date. Isn't she cute?"

"She is totally hot. You scored on this one."

Taeyeon blushed and looked away.

"What would you guys like to drink?"

"Caramel Coffee."

They both replied in unision. They looked at eachother then and laughed.

"Coming right up!"

Seohyun thought the two were cute. She walked away to make their drinks.
Sunny and Taeyeon sat there in silence. Neither of them wanting to start the conversation. They were shy. Seohyun handed them their drinks. Taeyeon decided to make it more interesting after the drinks came.

"Lets play 21 questions."

"Sure. You ask first."

"Okay.. Who was the girl at your house?"

"Ooh. Smelling a little jealousy here."

Taeyeon shoved the girl's shoulder playfully.

"Just answer the question."

Sunny was enjoying this, especially because she found Taeyeon cute like this.

"She's my one of my bestfriends. She's basically like a sister. Next question."

"Why did you tell her to stop looking at Tiffany's model body..."

"Because she's obsessed with the model Tiffany Hwang."

Taeyeon choked on her drink.

"WHAT THE HELL TAEYEON ARE YOU OKAY?"

Taeyeon coughed a little still trying to recover from the incident.

"Yeah, it's just hot."

She gave a small smile to reassure Sunny.

"Okay... Next question..."

Sunny was starting to find the girl weird but somehow it was attracting her.

"How many people do you know?"

"I know tons. Because i'm a girl and i have friends."

Sunny thought this question was silly.

"I meant how many have you... You know."

"Dated? Honestly, one. He was my first love. But he ripped my heart, and i've liked girls ever since. I have gone on a date with a few other people, but i always find something wrong with them that i dont like."

"Really? Is there something wrong with me?"

"Everything is wrong with you. But i like it. Let's quit 21 questions though. I want to ask some questions myself."

"Okay, hit me with your best shot."

"Why did you say you weren't ready to move on?"

Taeyeon stared at the girl opening and closing not sure of what to say.

"Well, it's kind of complicated."

"You said you would tell me if i got coffee with you."

"Do you really want to hear my pity story? The reason I don't want to move on. Why I'm afraid of commitment again?"

"Yes."

Sunny told Taeyeon bluntly.

Taeyeon took a deep breath. She didn't even notice she was starting to tear up before the whole conversation even started. Sunny noticed it. Sunny wrapped her hands around Taeyeon's. She looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes as if she already knew the whole story.

"Talking about it will help. Even if it's the first date, I'll be your shoulder to cry on."

Taeyeon looked at Sunny's eyes.

"Okay, as long as you tell me your story too."

Sunny bit her lip not sure whether she should or not. But if would break Taeyeon's walls to relationships, even her own, it was worth it. She nodded to Taeyeon signaling it was a deal.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! I had to end it like that since it was getting kind of long...
Next chapter will reveal Sunny's love story.
So be excited!
Thanks again for the subs, views, and upvotes!
I'll say it everytime to show I really appreciate it <3