Just Us Two

Baby Steps

Taeyeon and Mason have moved into a Condo. It's been 2 weeks since that incident.
Taeyeon says to herself.

"We're so lucky I make a lot of money."

Mason walked up to her and asked her a question.

"Momma, when am I going to see Umma again?"

Taeyeon tears up, but she it up just to look strong in front of him.
She ruffles his hair.

"I don't know kiddo. But I'll let you visit her soon. I promise."

Taeyeon holds her pinky and thumb up. Their pinkies intertwine and their thumb meet.

***

Taeyeon gets ready to take Mason a bath. She strips off his clothes. Mason starts playing with his belly button.

"Do we have bubbles Momma?"

"They might, Mase, but I'm not sure. Let me check. Stay here. Arraso?"

Mason nods in agreement with an eyesmile on his face. She smiled back but felt sad at the same time.

"He has her eyesmile..."


Taeyeon starts looking around. She finds a small bottle of bubble bath in the cabinet. Strawberry scented and pink.

"Tiffany..."

Taeyeon just stands there staring at the bottle dazed.

"Momma? You found it yet? I'm a wittle cold and nakey."

"Oh, sorry, baby. Just reading the label."

Taeyeon sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She walked to Mason with the bubbles.

"Assa! We have some. Momma hurry up and start the bath juseyo!"

He squealed excited about the bubbles. Taeyeon gives a small grin to her adorable child.

"Haha. Kiddo calm down a little and I'll start the bath."

"But Momma I'm nakey. Umma said that if I stay outside nakey for too long I'll get sick."

Mason made a little sick face. Sticking out his tongue as if he were going to throw up.

"Okay, okay. I'll start it."

Taeyeon turns on the cold and hot water at the same time. The hot water turned a little more than the cold water, so that it would be warm.

"Okay, Mase. It's all set get in."

Mason lifts his arm up for Taeyeon to carry him.

"I think you're old enough to put  yourself in."

"But you've never put me in before and I want you to."

Taeyeon feels bad that she's never put her own child in a tub before.
She swoops him up and flies him like superman. Then eventually sets him down into the warm water that was awaiting for him.
He was laughing so hard he farted in the bathtub. The fart created tiny bubbles.

"Oops. Momma i farted."

He started blushing, but Taeyeon started laughing like crazy. He joined in on her laughing gig.

"Yah! I think I'm going to die from laughing so hard!"

"NOOOOO! Don't die momma. You can't! I love you too much."

Mason started pouting and almost started crying.

"Mase. It was a joke. I'm not actually gonna die. You're so cute I could just..."

Just then a click was heard. Someone entered their condo.
Taeyeon got Mason out of the tub and dried him up. She gave him a pair of clothes to dress in.

"Wait in here for a little Mason okay? I'm going to check who just came in."

He nodded with his shirt halfway stuck on his head.

"What am I going to do with this kid?"

She chuckled.

Taeyeon walked out of the bathroom.

"Who is i.."

She stopped her question after she saw Tiffany sitting on her couch.

"Hey, Tae... If we're gonna split up like this..."

Her voice cracked.

"Then we should at least split time with Mason. He's my son too you know."

Taeyeon stared at her. Deciding to either kick her out or to be reasonable.
She did the adult thing. Probably the first time in her life because she was more known to have a kid's personality.

"I'll give him to you every other week okay?"

"But what about school?"

"I guess he'll stay with you for that because i have to work to do, and because he works with you. But school doesn't start until next month so let's not worry about that until then."

Taeyeon cautiously sits by Tiffany but puts a huge difference in between them.
Just then Mason walks in the living room and sees his Umma.

"UMMA!"

"MASON! MY BABY!"

"I thought i told you to stay in there."

"Taeng. It's not like i wouldn't see him anyway."

"Don't call me Taeng anymore."

Taeyeon replied, her voice stern.

Mason went into his play room. Tiffany sat back down on the couch. There was definitely some heat between the two.  Taeyeon decided to not make it awkward anymore.

"Want some coffee?"

"Can you make my favorite?"

Tiffany said it with aegyo. Taeyeon almost gave in just to see it again. But she quickly pushed the thought away once she recalled what had happened a few weeks ago.

"No. Tell Nichkhun to make you your favorite."

She replied coldly.

"Let it go Taeyeon. Please."

"Stop saying please ,and stop telling me to forget it happened. How can i forget something like that? HUH?"

Taeyeon started raising her voice towards the end putting Tiffany into silence.

"Can you forgive me at least?"

Taeyeon sighed

"The problem is that I want to, but i can't. Everytime i try it just breaks me down. Do you understand that? Do you know how much you hurt me? I'm not even sure if time can heal the damage you've done to me."

Tiffany starts to tear up. Her tears eventually start falling. That stabbed Taeyeon's heart.

"Don't cry either. It doesn't help. So do you want coffee or not?"

She wiped Tiffany's tears away. Tiffany looks up into Taeyeon's eyes and nodded.
Taeyeon made Tiffany's favorite anyway. Caramel mocha.

"So you did remember my favorite.."

Tiffany looked down at the mug and then took a sip.

"How could I not. I've been making it for 5 years."

"So about Mason. I'll take him next week okay?"

"Sure whatever. You know where to pick him up."

Suddenly Tiffany's phone rang.

"Is it Nichkhun?"

Taeyeon makes an ugly face after that.

"Actually yes it is. We're going on a date tonight."

Taeyeon spits out her coffee. Tiffany looks at her strangely.

"I'm not jealous... It was hot okay? But you're seriously going on a date right after we split up..? We've been together for 5 years Tiff. 5 YEARS!!"

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but yes."

Taeyeon was wounded by that answer.

"Leave my house. Now! and take your stupid coffee with you."

Taeyeon said with a serious face.

"But.."

"Now."

Tiffany noticed the hurt in Taeyeon's voice.

"I'm sorry. No matter how many times i tell you that it won't be enough will it?"

Taeyeon was already walking towards Mason's play room.

"Mason go say bye to Umma. You'll be at her house next week so it doesn't have to be long. Like i promised. You would be with her soon."

Mason ran pass Taeyeon. Taeyeon watched from the hallway. They were hugging and kissing.

"Only if she didn't do that. We wouldn't have to be saying goodbyes to eachother..."

She muttered to herself.

She watched the love of her life walk out of that door.
She didnt have an urge to run after her.
She just gave up.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow guys! Really long chapter to make up for my one week haitus that will be coming soon.
Isn't Mason just a cutie?
You guys should give me feedback or ideas for the next chapter
since this story is based off the top of my head anyway lol.
Might write the next chapter tomorrow though since this could help for the writing part of my exam!
And i didnt know so many people would view this story so fast. I already have over 50 views and it's only been a few hours TuT
Thank you! Really, thank you <3