Fifteen

Cruel Fate

I sat on Yongguk’s couch, biting my lips while he worriedly paced his living room. The feeling I felt was so familiar to what I had felt the day before Yongguk went missing. A feeling of insecurity and worry. I glanced at Yongguk and had to make a decision. The only person that could help us was Daehyun. He had an entire police force behind him and that could help Yongguk. 

 

“Yongguk, maybe we should talk to Daehyun.” I said. 

 

Yongguk stopped pacing the room and looked at me. 

 

“We don’t need to.” Yongguk said. “We’ll move before anything happens. But now, I need you to get out of here and wait for me.” 

 

“And leave you here alone?” I said, standing up. “I don’t want to lose you again.”

 

Yongguk sighed and walked up to me, grabbing hold my arm reassuringly. He looked into my eyes and I tried to read them, but too many things were going on that I couldn’t pin point one emotion. But a clear emotion was fear. He was afraid. So was I. 

 

“You won’t lose me.” he whispered. “I just need you to leave for now and I’ll find you when everything’s safe.” 

 

I anxiety and worry was swimming in my stomach, making my stomach uneasy and a wave of nausea hit me. I covered my mouth and ran to the sink but by the time I reached the kitchen, the nausea has subsided but the anxiety and worry was still bothering me. 

 

“You’re stressed.” Yongguk sighed, running a hand through my hair. “Let me drive you home.” 

 

I nodded and didn’t have the energy to argue with Yongguk. The drive home was silent but I had my hand in Yongguk’s free hand, playing with his fingers slightly. I gave him directions to Daehyun apartment and not long after, I arrive to Daehyun’s apartment. I unwillingly let go of Yongguk’s hand and unbuckled my seatbelt, sighing in the process. 

 

“You go inside and rest, okay?” Yongguk said. “Don’t come visit me until I tell you that it’s safe.” 

 

I nodded, leaning in to kiss him. I let my lips rest on his for a while before bringing my hand around his neck to feel his hair. I closed my eyes and wanted time to stop. But sadly time was running against us, so I pulled away. 

 

“You have to promise me that I’ll see you again.” I said. 

 

Yongguk nodded. 

 

“Promise me that you’ll be safe.” I said again. “That you won’t do anything reckless.” 

 

Again, he nodded. 

 

“I love you.” he said quietly, smiling softly. 

 

“Me too.” I replied before reluctantly getting out of his car. 

 

I had to cut the farewell short because if I was to drag on, it would have been harder for the both of us. Also because we were parked right in front of Daehyun’s apartment, I couldn’t let Yongguk get caught. So I got out of the car and walked forward, not looking back. It wasn’t until I heard his car drive off that I had the courage to look back, although that was pointless. 

 

“Hey, you’re home.” Daehyun smiled, when I walked through the door. 

 

“Hey.” I said quietly. 

 

“You don’t look to well.” he frowned, placing a hand on my forehead to feel my temperature. “You look pale and tired.” 

 

“Dae-“ 

 

I let the words slip from my mouth, before stopping. I was debating with myself whether or not to tell Daehyun. To ask him for help. He was the only person that could have helped us. So I decided to do what I felt was right. 

 

“Daehyun, I need your help.” I said. 

 

“What is it?” he said cautiously. “You’re making me worried.” 

 

“I haven’t been with my friend for the past few weeks. I’ve been with Yongguk.” I said slowly, not sure of his reaction. “He’s been back for about three weeks now.” 

 

“What?” Daehyun breathed, looking at me. “I don’t understand-“

 

“Yongguk’s back and now we’re in trouble. I really need your help.” I said. “Please Daehyun.”

 

Daehyun just kept staring at me. As if I had just told him something astounding and something so unbelievable. It wouldn’t have been so heart breaking if he wasn’t looking at me as if I’ve just betrayed him. I closed my eyes when I felt tears welling up, unable to keep looking at him. 

 

“Y-you do know I have to press charges against him, right?” Daehyun stuttered. “And carry out an arrest. He’s a criminal. You and I both know that he can’t-“

 

“Jut please.” I said, tears finally falling. “I’m sorry that I’m doing this to you. I know I’m selfish and stupid but I really need your help.”

 

I let my tears fall as I ran into him and circled my arms around his waist, resting my face in his chest. I hugged him in an attempt to apologize. I cried into his chest, even though I wasn’t sure why. Maybe I was desperate and really wanted Yongguk to be safe. Or maybe I was so guilty and wanted Daehyun to forgive me. It was both. 

 

I held my breath when I felt him bring a hand to my head, my hair, trying to stop me from crying. I bit my lip and stood there in his arms, trying to catch my breath from all the crying. Daehyun gripped onto my arms and pulled away from me. He then wiped away my tears silently, looking into my eyes. 

 

“Do you still love Yongguk?” he whispered. 

 

I swallowed and nodded. 

 

“If that’s the thing that’ll make you happy, I won’t press charges against him.” Daehyun said. “But if that’s the case, you guys will have to move from Seoul.”

 

“Thank you.” I breathed. “Thank you so much, Daehyun.”

 

The most heart breaking thing was that he was willing to risk his job and reputation for me. Someone who didn’t love him. Someone that lied to him and lead him on. But that was love. Love was blind and we would do anything for love. He loved me, but I loved Yongguk. So I had to do everything for Yongguk, the way Daehyun did for me. 

 

“But we need your help.” I said. 

 

I told Daehyun about everything. About how Yongguk was receiving death threats and how they knew exactly where he lived. How Yongguk and I were planning to move away within the next week and how dangerous that was for us if Yongguk was being followed. 

 

“Can you help us?” I asked quietly, after I had told him the whole story.

 

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed as he bit his lip, trying to think of something. Trying to think of a plan that would help Yongguk escape, rather than a plan to arrest him. The irony. 

 

“Yeah. I think I can.” Daehyun said. “Can you please call Yongguk up, right now?” 

 

I looked at him questioningly and slowly took out my phone, dialling Yongguk’s number. I was scared that maybe Daehyun was lying and actually wanted to arrest Yongguk. But then I scolded myself silently for thinking so low of Daehyun. He was a friend and not a foe. He was someone that I could trust. 

 

“Baby.” Yongguk answered shortly. 

 

“Yongguk, I told Daehyun and he said that we won’t press and charges. You just have to trust him, okay?” I said, glancing at Daehyun. 

 

“You told him?” Yongguk asked. 

 

“Yeah.” I nodded, even though I knew he couldn’t see me. “Now he wants to talk to you, to figure things out, okay? Please just trust me.” 

 

I put my phone onto speaker and handed it to Daehyun. 

 

“Hello, Bang Yongguk-ssi.” Daehyun greeted formally. 

 

“Hi.” Yongguk said shortly. 

 

“You’re going to listen to me and trust me, okay?” Daehyun said. “I mean you two no harm, so please just trust me.” 

 

“Thank you.” Yongguk sighed, as if finally knowing that he can trust Daehyun. 

 

“I want you two to arrange your things tonight and we’ll transfer you to another city tomorrow morning. Does that sound alright?” Daehyun said glancing at me.

 

“Who do you mean by ‘we’?” Yongguk asked cautiously. 

 

“I’ll have a few of my colleagues will you from your location to my apartment. That’s when you two will meet and I’ll personally drive you both to another city, away from Seoul.” Daehyun explained clearly to the both of us. 

 

I listen to the phone conversation and bit my lip, feeling slightly anxious. I trusted Daehyun, but I didn’t know if Yongguk did. I also had my doubts, since Yongguk was a wanted criminal and Daehyun was just going to let it slide to easily. I couldn’t think and decide anything.

 

“If you don’t trust me, tomorrow, when we come to pick you up, we can have you two on the phone the entire trip to my apartment.” Daehyun said. “Just for her to know that you’re safe and unharmed.” 

 

After a while of silence, Yongguk replied. 

 

“No. It’s okay. I trust you.” he said lowly. 

 

“So that’s the plan, yes?” Daehyun confirmed. “My people will be at your location to you at about nine in the morning, tomorrow.” 

 

“Thank you, Daehyun-ssi.” Yongguk said. 

 

“See you tomorrow, Yongguk.” I said, hanging up.

 

 

 

At the dinner table that night, I felt my stomach twist in knots and I felt uneasy. It was a mixture of feelings and I wasn’t sure what to feel, so it just felt like a mess. Like in the morning, nausea hit me and I had to run to the toilet really quickly, leaving Daehyun worried. 

 

“You okay?” Daehyun asked, knocking on the bathroom door. “Can I come in?” 

 

“Yeah.” I breathed, feeling drained after I had vomited into the toilet. 

 

Daehyun came in and knelt next to me, my back, comforting me slightly. I grasped onto the toilet bowl and felt my entire world spin. It was a strange feeling. It wasn’t something like food poisoning that made you vomit, it was a different feeling I’ve never felt before. The stress and worry had made me really sick. 

 

“You’re probably just worried.” Daehyun sighed. “Don’t worry. You can just relax and trust me, okay?”

 

I nodded stood up with some help from Daehyun. I stood in front of the mirror and wash my face, then brushed my teeth. I decided that it was time for some rest. I need some rest for the next day full of drama, so I said my goodnights to Daehyun and walked into my room. 

 

I sat in my bed and look over to my bed side table, over to the alarm clock. The I let my eyes wander from there to my desk calendar propped up against the wall and froze. I looked at the day and month, feeling that something wasn’t right. 

 

I sprung out of bed and put on and coat, then hurriedly out of the door to a near by drug store. I got home and quickly dismissed Daehyun’s worried comments, walking into the bathroom. 

 

I sat on my bed and waited for the alarm on my phone to ring. I was required to wait only two to three minutes but it seemed like an eternity. I paced my bedroom and waited, biting my lip. Until I finally gave up and just stared at my phone until it lit up and the alarm went off. 

 

I sprinted back into the bathroom quickly and held my breath. I looked at the pregnancy test on the basin and felt a whole bunch of emotions drop onto my shoulder. The feelings were mixed and unsorted, I wasn’t expecting something like that. 

 

The test was positive.

 

_______________________

DUN DUN DUN~~~ WHAT? :o Were you guys expecting that? I hope that was a surprise~~

 

I decided to update again because I feel that I haven't been updating enough and wanted to make it up to you guys. 

 

I really like your comments and subscriptions. You have no idea how happy comments make me. They reassure me and help me to know that people are enjoying my work. So please continue to comment and subscribe. 

 

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!

 

Happy reading! ^^