Scenario VI: KyuJong

SS501 Scenario One Shots

[SPECIAL] SCENARIO VI: WHEN KYU GETS OUT OF THE MILITARY

Kim Kyu Jong has mixed feelings about being released from his military service.

He misses music. Music has been a major part of his life for as long as he can remember. He longs to return to it. But on the other hand, he’s made many good friends during his service. He’s enjoyed the peace and the quiet. He’s enjoyed the anonymity.

But he knows that once he leaves, he won’t be just Kim KyuJong, a member of the South Korean Army. He will be Kyu, SS501 center, Triple S president, and pop singer. He will once again be back under the criticizing glare of the Music industry and its fans.

Would he trade it all in for a simpler quiet life?

Not a chance.

He misses his “pretties”, he misses s. He even misses his manager that always steals his food.

He misses HyunJoong’s random and strange phone calls. He misses his long conversations with YoungSaeng. He misses late night meals with HyungJun. He misses spending hours singing Karaoke with JungMin. He misses all of the kind and encouraging tweets from his “pretties”.

He’s been almost completely cut off from the people he cares about.

Granted, during his service he has had more freedom than most because of his position but it hasn’t been the same. He hasn’t been able to interact with his fans like he used to or hang out with his long time friends. He’s barely even seen his family the past two years.

 He grips his bag with his belongings and walks out of the military barracks for the last time. He doesn’t look back. He only looks forward, back into the world, and back into his old life.

He sees the van waiting for him with his manager in the driver seat and pulls his hat down over his eyes. It feels strange being out during the middle of the day in the blazing sun. It’s been a long time. He’s gotten used to being in the office at this time of day, working.

He hears the screams and cheers of some of his fans as they greet him. They are held back by security and barricades but they still make their presence known. He smiles and waves at them, grateful that they are here. He’s always loved his fans. He’s never once taken them for granted. They have stood by him and supported him through thick and thin, just like s. To him, the fans are the 6th member of SS501.

He climbs into the van and greets his manager hyung.

“Happy to be out? Ready to go back to your real job?” He asks Kyu.

“Yes and yes, hyung. I’m really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again too.” He grins.

Kyu leans back in his seat as his manager starts the car but after awhile he realizes they aren’t going in the direction of his apartment or in the direction of B2M.

“Hyung? Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” His manager smiles and Kyu becomes curious. His manager has never been good at keeping a secret but for once the man stays resolutely silent.

The restaurant they pull up to makes Kyu feel very confused. He hasn’t been there in over 5 years. He and his SS members used to go there all the time because their dorm was close by. It had been their favorite place to eat. But after they changed dorms, they stopped going there.

“How-? Why are we here, hyung?” Kyu asks.

“I’m hungry.” His manager says and exits the vehicle. Kyu slowly gets out as well but he still feels confused. His manager shouldn’t know about this place. It must be just a coincidence. But why here of all places?

They go to a quiet corner in the back of the restaurant and Kyu smiles at the sight that has been waiting for him.

“Yah…We were wondering where you were. It’s about time you got here.” HyunJoong says and pulls Kyu into a brotherly hug.

JungMin and HyungJun also give him a quick embrace before Kyu turns to look at YoungSaeng in surprise.

“Hyung, I never would have expected you to be here.”

YoungSaeng gives his dear friend a warm hug before guiding Kyu to a seat at their table.

“Well… I was able to get a few hours off to be here. I didn’t want to miss this.” He says and straightens his uniform before sitting down.

HyunJoong fills all of their glasses with soju before raising his glass in a toast.

“To our center and brother, KyuJong: Welcome back!” He says and they all smile.

“To our Triple S, our green peas, our pretties…” Kyu adds.

“To our family…” YoungSaeng murmurs.

“To our brotherhood…” JungMin states.

“To SS501!” HyungJun pipes in.

“CHEERS!” They all say together and bump their glasses together.

Kyu downs his soju and realizes that for the first time in awhile, he’s home. He’s where he belongs, in the center of his brothers.

A/n: This oneshot is dedicated to Kim KyuJong and is my own creation. This story actually wasn’t planned in any way and isn’t along the humorous theme that most of these oneshots have been based on. I hope my readers don’t mind. I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing our Center again.

On another note, I really am sorry for the long wait and the very short update. I have ideas for more stories but I’ve just been having a tough time getting them on paper. I appreciate everyone’s patience. ^_^ Love Ya all!