Scenario II: SS501

SS501 Scenario One Shots

SCENERIO II: THE DAY THE 5 STARS STUFFED AN ELEPHANT AND LET IT GO PLAY

 

There is a galaxy deep in space where 5 special stars are very close to each other. They are not "stars" in the sense of our actors or singers but they are actual star spirits. They are close to each other like family, their connection deeply built over their long existence. 

 

Like all beings they disagree at times but their bond holds them together. 

 

There is the oldest of them called HyunJoong who is the eccentric and quiet one. 

 

YoungSaeng is the brooding and thoughtful one. 

 

KyuJong is the kind and playful one. 

 

JungMin is the mischievous and daring one. 

 

And maknae HyungJun is the funny and childish one. 

 

These 5 spirits decide one day that they want to create something. And of course they each have a different idea on what it should be. 

 

"Let's make a rocket like I've seen the humanoids make!" HyunJoong suggests. "It'll be the fastest one ever!"

 

"And who is going to pilot it? We can't because we don't have a physical form." YoungSaeng muses. "We should create a picture among the nebulas of our galaxy for everyone to see!"

 

"Every other being is so far away from us! No one but us will enjoy it." JungMin laughs. "We should create a doppelgänger of HyungJun that will torment him for all eternity. Then I can take a vacation."

 

"YAH!" HyungJun exclaims. "That isn't fun for me! We should create a new sport for us to play!" 

 

The other four groan at this suggestion. Every time the youngest creates a game, he is always so determined to win but his bad luck always makes him lose against his elders. Then they have to deal with the pouting maknae spirit for many cycles. They are not up for it at the moment.

 

"I think we should create a stuffed elephant." KyuJong quietly suggests. 

 

"A what?" YoungSaeng asks in confusion. 

 

"I saw one on a planet called Earth." 

 

"Ah! The 'dirt' planet! Go on!" HyunJoong pipes in with interest. 

 

"They have these animals that they make by hand. They are stuffed with a white, fluffy filling and it always brings joy to the people of that planet. I'd like to have one too." Kyu smiles. 

 

"How do we make one? What do we fill it with?" YoungSaeng asks. 

 

"Well I'll make the body since I know what an elephant looks like but we can each contribute a part of it so it’s special to all of us." 

 

The other four star spirits smile and nod in agreement. They are all curious to see what this stuffed elephant will look like. They have never seen one. 

 

Kyu creates the body of the elephant out of a velvety leaf from a plant on a nearby planet. It's grey, pearlescent color and soft texture is perfect for it. 

 

HyunJoong contributes two black sapphires for the eyes. 

 

YoungSaeng contributes a very special Garnet crystal for its heart. It radiates warmth and kindness. 

 

JungMin contributes the soft stuffing for the creature. He fills it with the softest clouds he can find. 

 

And lastly, HyungJun contributes a star shaped tattoo on its forehead. It's a very special symbol that allows their creation to travel among the stars with them. 

 

They all watch in fascination as the elephant comes to life, its eyes shining brightly at them. The small toots of its trunk as it runs playfully around them instantly wins over the affection of the five spirits. They've never had a pet before.

 

"What should we call it?" HyungJun asks. "How about Superstar?" 

 

The others shake their head no. 

 

"Ellie!" JungMin excitedly proclaims but earns more negative head shakes. 

 

"Kokkili?" The eldest suggests. A couple of the spirits seem to think about it for a second before shaking their head no. They can't seem to think of a name that fits the creature. 

 

"Let's call it JJ!" Kyu says and affectionately scratches the elephant's head. 

 

"Why JJ?" YoungSaeng asks. 

 

"Because it looks like a 'JJ' to me." 

 

The others observe the creature and nod their heads. 

 

"Sure!"

 

"I like it!"

 

"It fits!"

 

"JJ it is!"

 

The stuffed elephant happily toots its trunk in agreement, liking its new name. 

 

Time for the 5 spirits and their new pet passes quickly and they explore the nearby galaxies, observing the many different creatures and beings that reside there. 

 

One day, the 5 decide to let JJ go and play on its own, for they are all too tired to go out. Even spirits need a break now and then. 

 

JJ is sad that its friends do not want to play but decides to make the most of the day. JJ decides to visit Earth again. It's been there many times but does not understand why the other stuffed elephants do not play with it. They don't seem to move or react at all. 

 

The bigger elephants are too scary to JJ. They always ignore the tiny elephant and its kind heart always hurts at their rejection. 

 

The 5 spirits always warn JJ not to reveal itself to the beings called "humans" for they would harm the little one. Thankfully JJ's star tattoo allows it to be invisible to other beings when it wants to. 

 

JJ wanders through a place called a "city" and gets lost. It was too big for the small elephant to know where it is. It could just fly and leave the city but it really wants to explore. 

 

JJ toots its trunk in joy when it finally finds a place full of greenery and trees. It scampers into the area chasing butterflies and playing beside a river. 

 

As the playful elephant rolls around in the grass, JJ notices a small girl sitting in a strange chair. JJ still has much to learn but knows instantly that the girl is ill. JJ's heart aches at the thought. It observes her as she stares longingly at the other children who play together. 

 

"There you are, JJ." Kyu says as he walks up to the elephant. "It's time to go home." 

 

JJ hesitates. It doesn't like that the young girl is all alone. Kyu looks towards the girl and smiles sadly. 

 

"She's very special. Her name is MinJi. It's sad how frail the humanoid form can be, especially for one so young. She doesn't have much time left."

 

JJ looks up at Kyu with sadness in its Sapphire eyes. 

 

"If you want, you can stay with her but you will have to act like all the other stuffed elephants. You won't be able to move when the humans are around. Can you do that?"

 

JJ toots it's trunk in happiness and trots over to the young girl. Once it is sure no one is looking, JJ makes itself visible to MinJi. 

 

MinJi gasps in delight and lifts the stuffed elephant into her arms. She hugs it tightly to herself and buries her face into its neck. She hates these days when her parents bring her to the park. It always makes her feel so lonely since she has no one to play with. But then this elephant suddenly appears and she doesn't feel so sad anymore. 

 

She looks into the bright, shiny eyes of the animal feeling warmth wash over her. It's almost as if fate knows she needs a friend and sent the creature to her. 

 

MinJi's parents don't question where she got the stuffed animal from simply because they can see how happy it makes their daughter. They don't remember the last time she smiled like this. 

 

Kyu watches them leave with a soft smile. He's always known JJ is special but the kindness of the creature has always touched them all. They have lived for so long that they sometimes forget the simple things. JJ has reminded them of what is really important. 

 

JJ stays by MinJi over the course of 6 earth months until the girl's physical form finally gives out. The elephant returns to its creators heartbroken. JJ had come to love the girl dearly even though it couldn't reveal itself to her. It missed its old friends dearly while it was away but MinJi is special. She had needed JJ and it gave her comfort when she needed it most.

 

The 5 star spirits worry over how sad their stuffed elephant has become. They've never seen it like this. JJ has always been cheerful and energetic. But now it mopes around their stars, not wanting to go anywhere. 

 

Kyu finally convinces the elephant to come with him to witness the birth of a new star spirit. JJ doesn't know why Kyu is so insistent because they have seen many star spirits born. Why is this one different? But as the star explodes to life and the spirit within emerges, JJ understands and joyfully toots its trunk. MinJi emerges from her star and smiles brightly at her old friend. 

 

The 5 star spirits watch their pet and the young star spirit play in a newly formed nebula. The two scamper and run, chasing each other through the folds of the gaseous cloud.

 

"JJ is definitely the best idea you've ever had Kyu." JungMin nods. 

 

“I wanted to create JJ to give comfort to those who need it most. It helped MinJi but I think its brought us a great deal of joy too.”

 

"Most definitely." HyunJoong smiles and throws an arm around Kyu, hugging him. 

 

"We should make something else!" YoungSaeng ponders. 

 

"Hey! Don't worry guys! I made another game! You're going to love this one!" HyungJun grins. Three of his hyungs groan, shaking their heads but JungMin grins wickedly. 

 

"Bring it on, Junnie!"

 

A/N: Idea submitted by Garnet.

 

Just a side note, I’ve never written a story like this before. It’s definitely unique for me but I love it. I really hope you like it too. ^_^ ThanKyu for reading!