Part 1: Lee Min Ho's POV

A Fly On The Wall
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello!

I'm sorry for not updating yesterday as I planned. I intended to start writing the chapter a day or two days before Monday, but got carried away with something else. It took me about more than 6 hours to finish this chapter (actually, I took a break....haha). This part was difficult since I couldn't think of something else to write. I feel this chapter is not as entertaining as my previous chapter, but I will continue on writing Lee Min Ho's POV for the next chapter.

The drawing photo of Shin Hye is created by a Vietnamese fan. It's magnificent, right?

- Madewell

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

One of Park Shin Hye's fans did an amazing job on sketching Shin Hye. I thought I was just losing my mind when I saved the image to my Camera Roll without any intention, but at least no one can check my phone anyway. It's not like I want to lend my personal phone to someone else even if it's for an emergency, because I won't. I don't plan on being caught that I've been haboring romantic feelings toward Shin Hye for 4 years now. I used to think it was just a childish crush, but then when I got to see her again a year after we first met, she was beautiful and mature at the age of 21. I wasn't that shy anymore, but I was comfortable around her. I thought we were just friends, which I didn't believe in friendship between a girl and a boy. The more I got to know her, the more I wanted to be with her and didn't want to let her go. However, we didn't get to see each other much or stayed in touch after Etude House.

We moved on with our lives. I remember that she was always the jovial person. I assume everyone who worked with Shin Hye was right. Shin Hye was known as a tomboy and she was getting along with everyone easily. She knew how to make people comfortable, especially someone who was as new as me. The one thing I hate about her is that she made me feel like a shy boy who had a big crush on her, and she didn't notice it. She viewed me as one of her buddies. I was disappointed, but respected her because it was her personality.

In 2011, I was offered to play the role of Lee Yoon Sung for the City Hunter I met Park Min Young and knew her since we were in I Am Sam together, which was 4 years ago. I didn't talk to her much, until I became the main character for City Hunter. We got along well, but to tell you the truth, it wasn't the same when I was with Shin Hye during the Etude House days. Perhaps it was because she was younger than me? Or perhaps it was because of her personality? I tried not to compare her to Min Young because they were different, except for their surname and they were really friendly. After City Hunter ended, I thought about giving a chance to date Min Young because she was beautiful and had a great personality. Perhaps our relationship would last forever, which never happened. One thing I never knew was love. I wasn't exactly in love with her. I was a coward for not protecting her. I was angry at myself everyday. The only thing I could avoid holding grudge against myself was lose myself in my career. Being popular isn't really easy, and it's quite tiring. It makes me feel lonely. I didn't have time to see my family or spending time with my best friends.

Well, I once got invited by Kim Bum to have a lunch with him. I found out that he invited Park Shin Hye as well. Sadly, I had to decline the invitation since I promised Min Young that we would grab a lunch together. It was wrong for me being discontented. That was when I realize Min Young and I weren't meant to be together. I was a coward too. I was disappointed in myself, and my fans for bashing Min Young. I knew she was hurt that I didn't protect her. Eventually, we made a clean break up. I was relieved. Not because we ended the burdened relationship, but also because she wasn't in love with me either. We decided to stay being friend.

We didn't stay in touch after our break-up.

I got irritated with all the rumor about me with any older women I worked with. I tried to avoid it and moved on since it was their wishful thinkings. Sometimes they infuriated me about telling me what should I do with my life. If I don't want to be someone, I don't have to date or marry. Why can't they just be happy if I am happy with someone they don't like? I know who I want to spend with the rest of my life with, but I am afraid that I will make another mistake. I just don't know what is love...

Until I got offered by the famous screenwriter, Kim Eun Sook. I got to play the role of Kim Tan for Heirs. When I got called to meet at Little Tin Drums restaurant to meet Eun Sook and my mysterious leading lady, I thought the name of the restaurant was familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I had a zero expectation of the leading lady. Once I arrived the restaurant, I was greeted by the older woman who looked exactly like Shin Hye on the top of the stairs. The sight of the real Park Shin Hye showed up behind the older woman made me stumble down the last few stairs and luckily I managed to put my hand on the wall to keep my balance.

I knew Shin Hye would remark about my clumsiness before greeting me with respect. That was how she did when she saw me, just me. “Nice impression, oppa!” She laughed. The sound of her laughter made my heart swell. It had been a long time since I felt that way, and I missed her laugh.

“My mom thinks it's adorable when you're being clumsy, oppa.”

I scowled at her and bumped her with my elbow playfully.

“You're finally here. Eun Sook unnie is waiting for you.” We made a beeline for the table where Eun Sook was reading the script. I noticed the restaurant wasn't that busy as I expected. I had a suspicion that the restaurant closed for a day due to my appearance. If I came, the fans would ruin other customers' meals. According to Shin Hye, her parents thought it was the best thing to do was close the restaurant for me. I felt bad for customers who wanted to eat at Little Tin Drums.

“Well, hello Min Ho!” Eun Sook grinned and then stuck her hand out to the empty seat indicating that it was my s

Please log in to read the full chapter