Park Shin Hye: I am blackmailed by Madewell

A Fly On The Wall
Please log in to read the full chapter

For anyone who is curious if I'm going to update RETURN too, I will when I finish A Fly On The Wall. I thought about finishing at chapter 5 and I realized I couldn't stop writing until...I don't know how long, haha. Anyway, this chapter is all about Park Shin Hye's viewpoint. Aren't you curious?

I hope you enjoy the latest chapter.

- Madewell

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Chapter 5: Park Shin Hye's Point of View

 

I didn't want to share my thoughts with you, but Madewell has been convincing me...well, she actually blackmailed me. Aigoo, I don't know how does she know so much about my background that no one knows? That's creepy! Anyway, she convinced me that the readers might be curious about my thoughts on that lunatic drop-dead gorgeous actor. Yeah, I admit it. He's gorgeous and I try my best not to stare at his beautiful face! How can I avoid him when he chooses to stand or sit beside me? I know he likes me, but I don't like it when he likes me. He is not supposed to fall for me because I already like him, but I am not supposed to like him. Does that make senses?

That's not the point.

The point is...I finally agreed to share my viewpoints with you. I am told that my face or feelings is hard to read. I've been irritating the cunning screenwriter, which is a fun thing to do. I knew she was manipulative, so that's why I had to be very cautious of I was going to say or what I was going to act around her. She can catch the small thing easily. Well, too bad because I have to be careful. Min Ho is an idiot, but I don't think he cares if he's being obvious or not. He is a fan of a word, honesty. I will never forget when he tried to pronounce honesty in English and he ended up calling me honey. He actually enunciated honey in English correctly. And he joked that he will keep calling me honey forever, and I, of course, played along with him that I would call him babe everyday. Please, don't ask me why. I was just stupid back in America, ok. There were not many fans visiting the set of Heirs though.

One time when I told Min Ho not to touch me, his response was ridiculous. He said that it was a free country and he could do whatever he wanted. He attempted to get me smack him and he had his chance to touch my hands or arms. Sneaky Min Ho. But I didn't mind at all, just as long as he was comfortable around me just like our Etude House days. We felt a bit awkward when we first met on the first day of Heirs script reading at the SBS building. We had a brief conversation such as 'long time no see' or 'good to see you again' or 'you look fantastic'. I was the one to say that he looked fantastic and I received a strange look from him because he said he just woke up from his nap and didn't bother to check the mirror before coming to see me. We didn't have time to talk longer since Min Ho had to go home to sleep early for a big event the next day. It was nice knowing that he's famous since Boys Over Flower was a success, but mostly City Hunter—it was immensely successful. And he looked hot.

The thought of not paying much attention to him made me feel remorseful because there were rumors about Min Ho falling for every older women easily, and that he was a coward when his fans bashed his ex-girlfriend. I should've known that he's not the guy who does that. I should've known that he's been struggling with himself everyday, especially with him being famous. I know he doesn't need my pity, and I try not to. However, I'm not the type of person who looks him up on the internet everyday. I was busy focusing on my life—family, career and school. Sometimes I was hanging out with one of Min Ho's best friends, Kim Bum during our breaks at school. I didn't have a chance to meet Min Ho when he was invited. He wasn't able to come. He had to see his ex-girlfriend, which was fine with me. I didn't care before, and I'm not that kind of person who is after someone who is taken.

When I found out that he was single again. I assure you I didn't look him up on the internet! My partner for Holika Holika CF who happened to be Min Ho's another best friend, Jung Il Woo told me everything about his best friends. I didn't ask him, ok. I was suspicious that Il Woo did it on purpose because he wouldn't stop bringing up Min Ho when I tried to mention Bum. I knew it was a mistake to talk about Bum. Il Woo stared at me incredulously and asked me if I was interested in Bum. Then he accused me of hungering after him because he was dating Moon Geun Young. Il Woo didn't bother to let me accurate the misunderstanding. I already made a vow that I will never talk about his best friends when he talks about his best friends. But I was thankful that Il Woo didn't stop mentioning Min Ho. It helped me to get to know Min Ho better, and I tried not to be relieved at the news that Min Ho is single again. No girl in his life~! Darn! I'm not supposed to be excited! No Park Shin Hye should be happy. According to Il Woo, Min Ho is perfectly happy being single. It's a good thing that I have Il Woo's phone number. He was the one to ask me for number and he wanted to stay in touch with me. Normally, I refuse to give out my number to people who I get along at work...but Il Woo, how could I say no?

 

I don't know how long have I been staying in the closet with Min Ho oppa? Probably more than an hour. I feel the closet is claustrophobic. When I found out that I have a passionate kiss scene with Min Ho, I tried to ask the Director to adapt the scene a bit to make me and Min Ho look natural. Unfortunately, the cunning screenwriter just had to interrupt me and didn't approve my suggestion because it's her story.

She said and I quote, 'Please, trust my story because everyone loves what I am writing. You'll be 25 in a couple of months, so why is it essential to continue acting like a prude? You won't be prudish forever. I think it's time for you to learn how to have a french kiss with Min Ho because if you don't, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.”

She gave me a lecture.

I can't believe she actually called my parents and had discussed the passionate kiss scene with them! I thought it was awkward because my dad is forbidding me to have any kiss scenes with actors. He was disgusted when he saw me having a kiss scene with Jang Geun Suk, Jung Yong Hwa, Yoon Si Yoon, Choi Dong Wook...but my dad just moved on quickly like he never saw it. He could tell my kiss scenes were unconvincing and he knew it was my job. I love acting. He teased me that I was not a good kisser and that I need to work on my kissing

Please log in to read the full chapter