Orchid

Take me home [Take you home]

 

-Thank you… -whispered Jeon.

-Uh… Jeon Eun Yeon ahjumma… don’t mention it. I just did what I would like someone to do for me if I was in a situation like that.

-I really feel the need of telling it to you. Anyone would have avoided us as much as possible and act like they never saw or heard anything. It was really kind of you.

-Th-Thank you… -Oh Naeri stuttered.

-Don’t worry. I’d do it a thousand times if necessary, just to save you both and send that bastards to jail. A policeman told me they had been trying to catch them for months.

-I think you might want to know the full version of the story, don’t you? –Naeri mumbled.

-Darling, you don’t have to speak if you don’t want…  -her mother said while patting her shoulder.

-No, mom, he deserves it. I can do it –looks at her and slightly grins. Then she turns to him- I heard you’re called Bang Yongguk, is it? –he nodded- Okay, nice to meet you. As you may know, I’m Oh Nae Ri, but please just call me Naeri, Nae or whatever you want. Don’t be formal, please, I’m obviously your dongsaeng and I hope you let me call you oppa... I actually never had an oppa –smiles- Well, you see… My father took from my grandpa a lot of bad habits, such as drinking, smoking tobacco and beating his wife –my mom. He would begin before I was even born, because as far as I remember we have always been hit for everything: good marks, bad marks, doing homework, going out with friends, trying to call someone with my cell phone, eating out of his “eating-timetable”… Anyway, whatever. He would torture us at home. You’ve seen the house, the policeman told us? He would torture my mom in one room and me and my sister, Oh Hyora, in the other one. When she was gone I… I felt alone. I really don’t feel like talking about her death, so please forgive me. He prepared this entire thing, for being honest, for killing you six. I guess you all knew too much of his intentions and if you found out that there were no more teenage-girl screams in the inside of the house, you would probably call the police and tell everything. Then it would be the end of his game.

-I’m sorry for interrupt your talk, but I need Ms. Jeon to come for a moment. –A police that had appeared in front of us all of a sudden said, motioning Naeri’s mother to move.

-It’s okay. Yongguk, please take care of my child while I’m busy.

-Huh? Mom, I’m not a child anymore.

-Shush! Just be quiet and don’t make it difficult to Bang Yongguk to take care of you!

Naeri nodded like a little child and sighed. After that sigh, Bang held her tight. He hugged her as if she was her friend, her little sister or even the love of her life. He hugged and needed no words to tell her “I’m here for you, Naeri. And I will never ever leave. I’m here to protect you from any damage that you may suffer.” They looked each other in the eyes and understand the message, adding a “Thank you” that her lips silently pronounced. After a few seconds she burst into tears and hid her face on his muscled chest. He caressed her hair and let his hand slide down to her cheek, caressing it as if it was made of porcelain or glass. She sobbed for awhile and when she was a bit calmer, he asked her.

-Are you hungry, little Naeri?

-Uhm no, I’m... I’m not… -she was about to answer when her stomach growled and did it for her.

-Let’s go eating. I also want to go to the cafeteria and eat something. My stomach is crying.

He laughed a bit but she just lowered her head, letting her pony cover her face.

-Are you okay? Hey, Naeri, my orchid, look at me –he told her, softly grabbing her chin with his hand and forcing her to look at him.

-You saw the broken photo…

-Yes I did. Was it yours? The orchid was really beautiful! Why was it torn?

-My father did. It was the only thing I treasured. That’s why he took it and ripped it and… well… now I won’t ever have anything else than the memory of the flower.

-Haven’t you ever seen your reflection on the mirror?

-Uhm? Yeah, why?

-Because you’re not as beautiful as an orchid. You’re even more beautiful. Prettier. Better. Smile.

-Thank you, Yongguk.

He wasn’t sure, but he could swear she blushed a bit. Her cheeks turned a bit pale pink and it made her look even sweeter than what she normally looked like.

-Oh! Now I know how I should call you for not being so formal. You’ll be my orchid. Is it okay for you?

-That’d be… outstanding. Thank you… oppa. –She grinned.

-I love your smile. Please, never stop smiling. Now let’s go eating.

They both got up from their seats and crossed the room, bowing in front of the policeman and Eun Yeon, so they knew they were leaving to the cafeteria and wouldn’t be so worried if at the end of the interview they didn’t find the pair in the room. Yongguk held her hand, making her blush even more, and entered the cafeteria.

-Oppa I… I will just take a coffee I think.

-Why? –He looked at her worried.

- Well, I… -she showed him a few wons she had on her pocket and he caressed his cheek.

-Don’t you dare to think you’ll pay your food. I’ll invite you.

-But I…

-No! Your oppa is telling you that he’ll invite you and he’ll do.

--

 

Twenty five minutes had passed and they were already back in the room, waiting for Eun Yeon’s interview to end up and for the other five members to come back to the room with a stable Zelo. 

 


 

Hey! I told you I was going to update soon! hahah :) here it is! 

There's only one remaining chapter! Tomorrow it'll be 'aired' hahaa =D good night my orchids <3