Footsteps

Take me home [Take you home]
 

After a few seconds in which both of them, Daehyun and Yongguk, were completely petrified, they ran upstairs. They tried to jump off through the windows, but every single one was covered with metal bars. They hit them with everything they found in the house that wasn’t covered with mud and even tried to kick them, but unsuccesfully. They thought then of calling someone, but found out really fast that every line was cut. They had no phone. It wasn’t until they sat on the floor that Daehyun noticed the bulge on his right pocket.

-We could call through the cell phone! Oh my goodness, how dumb I am!

-Oh yes, let’s do it. Call Himchan…

Daehyun was looking for his hyung’s number when the screen darkened and it stopped working.

-What!? WHY?! The time that I need my mobile phone the most and it runs out of battery!

-It’s okay…

-Don’t you have yours there? We could use it, couldn’t we?

-Yeah, but…

Yongguk really didn’t know what to do. On the one hand, if he called Himchan with his phone number, he would be in trouble. Himchan had warned him and he didn’t pay attention. He hadn’t behaved like a good leader. He was disappointed with himself and he knew Himchan also was. Probably Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo would also be if they only knew. On the other hand, if he called one of the younger, he would be getting them into trouble.

-Okay, I already know what you’re thinking. Let’s wait and see what happens. Maybe we find out a way to escape later. –Daehyun patted the leader’s shoulder and gave him a smile of concern, understanding the fact that Yongguk had completely ignored Himchan’s words and that he didn’t want Youngjae, Jongup or Zelo to be involved in this kind of problems.

-Tell me about that day when they tried to kidnap you. How was it?

-Well, I was there, just like you, worried about the girl. I heard her screaming and approached the door. Suddenly, when I was about to knock the door or at least do something for ‘saving’ the girl, some men stood behind me. I was scared from the first second I got to see them. Their clothes were apparently made of black leather and they were carrying guns and knives. I started to run and they obviously started following me. I ran faster and faster, as fast as I could. I noticed a man parking his car a few meters further and something made a ‘click’ on my mind. I approached the car, opened the driver’s door and threw him against the pavement. I started driving his car, yes, I stole it but… if I didn’t they would have killed me. In fact when I started driving I heard a shot and a bullet broke my window and almost crashed onto my forehead. I started shivering and had to hurry up and drive away. I got to the motorway and I realized that a police car was approaching me, they were almost there. One more time I had to drive faster and I got to 290 km/h. I was completely scared, Yongguk hyung. You already know that I don’t have a driving license. I thought I was going to die… but I didn’t want to be caught and judged and sent to jail. Oh, no, no, no. So I drove faster and they lost my car, which was more than probably newer than theirs. I took what looked like a detour gradually slowing down and entered the city. I was about to park or stop the car or something, but I accidentally crashed the car onto a wall. I really thought I was about to die.  I opened the door and ran away with my hands covering my face. I didn’t want anyone to recognize me. Running so much was breathtaking, but I had no choice. When I was far enough I took a deep breath and asked a taxi driver to take me home. After that you know what happened. I heard that news and I was really afraid. “Will they find me?” “Is she dead?” I kept on wondering.

-It was horrible… I’m sorry Daehyun.

-You don’t have to be sorry. I was the one who decided to go there.

-Yes, but if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have heard about that screaming girl. It’s my entire fault.

Yongguk hid his face between his knees and let a few hot teardrops, which nevertheless felt cold on his skin, slide all the way down from his eyes to his lips, tasting the salty and kind of disgusting flavour.

-Are you okay, hyung? Don’t cry. We’ll be okay. This is just a nightmare, and we’re probably about to wake up.

-A nightmare… -Yongguk mumbled- I’m okay, I’m not crying –he said wiping away the tears from his cheeks and trying to masquerade his weakness.

-Alright… but come here. –Daehyun cooed.

He approached Yongguk, sitting closer to him and held him tight, arms around his waist. Yongguk let his head rest on his dongsaeng’s shoulder, closing his eyes and trying to relax. He drove his hand to Daehyun’s chest and started tracing senseless shapes. All of a sudden, they heard a weird sound coming from the floor below and froze.

-W-What’s that? –Daehyun mumbled.

-F-Foo-Footsteps…?

-Let’s… hide somewhere –he whispered- they’re coming upstairs…

They went from one room to another, trembling. They heard the footsteps stopping and going downstairs once again. Silence surrounded the house once again.

-He’s probably in the living room –the leader kept on whispering as low as he could.

-It’s time to call someone, hyung.

-Yes… Himchan will kill me but anyway… I’ll be dead anyway.

Yongguk pressed the green button when he finally managed to type correctly his best friend’s telephone number. Both of the boys trapped in the house widened their eyes when they heard the ringtone below. Maybe Himchan’s here and he’s in trouble because of me­ –Yongguk thought. Maybe Himchan came for Yongguk and he was caught, all because of Yongguk… but well, he just wanted to help the girl. Anyway, it’s done, we can’t undo it now. They heard once again noises coming upstairs and they hugged each other, waiting for a scream, a shot or something similar. Suddenly they calmed down.

-What the f…?! –Daehyun was shocked.

-What are you doing here? –Yongguk asked.

-That’s what I should say! What were you doing here?! You told me you weren’t going! B.A.P will be over from now on, I swear!

-Don’t be like that, hyung… Yongguk just wanted to help the girl.

-The girl might be dead right now, you know? Are you just trying to be shot and sent to heaven to ask her what happened? Don’t be so silly, Yongguk-ah. –He glared Daehyun- and I’m disappointed with you. I wasn’t expecting you to be as stupid as the one who used to be my best friend.

-You’re being too severe, Himchan-ah! Respect your members! Now tell us how the hell you came in. The door was locked.

-Through a small window in the living room that looks out onto the street. It leads to an alleyway.

-It was really high on the wall. How did you achieve it?

-There were some wooden boxes in the alley. I used them to get higher.

-What if we go downstairs and try to plan something for opening the door? –complained Daehyun, losing his temper.

-That’s right. Keep calm, Dae. If you lose your temper we’ll totally be hopeless. You’re the only clever one in here.  –Yongguk smirked and Himchan knocked him on the head.- Aww, that hurt!

-Please shut up and come down! –Daehyun almost shouted, already in front of the door.

-SHHHHH! –the older ones motioned him to shut up.

Himchan and Yongguk jumped to the floor and approached Daehyun, who was deeply thinking a way to open the locked door. They spent there more or less two or three minutes, eyes glued on the doorknob, when Daehyun started feeling his body freezing.

-Something goes wrong… and I don’t know what.

-We’re trapped, are you stupid? –Himchan asked him roughly.

But then Himchan and Yongguk also froze. A voice spoke behind them. 

 


 

Here it is! :) 

Hope you enjoy it! I'll keep on writing really soon! 

 

AndreArchwitz~