Love Is In The Air - Part 2

Random Ramen Kryber Shots

 

Love Is In The Air

Fluff

 

 

Part 2

 

“So you still haven’t confessed to her yet?” Key turned to look at Krystal, his face in disbelief.

 

It was a Saturday morning and Krystal was supposed to spend the day hanging out with Amber, but when she went to answer the door after hearing the doorbell, she was instead greeted by Key.

 

“Hey, that’s not how you welcome a good friend, you know,” Key said as he stepped inside the apartment and closed the door behind him. He then took off his shoes and jacket. “I’ve known you longer than Amber, the least you can do is smile.”

 

“I am smiling.”

 

“Maybe when you were expecting Amber but not anymore. You’re definitely not smiling right now,” Key said teasingly.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes and walked back to the living room. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Amber mentioned you guys were hanging out today and invited me since my schedule got switched up.”

 

Krystal pouted. “Then where is she? She should be here by now.”

 

“She told me to tell you she won’t be here until after lunch.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“She ran into an old flight school teacher of hers who was with his daughter and he invited her to have lunch with them. He was very insistent so Amber couldn’t really refuse, especially since he took such good care of her during her school years.”

 

Krystal frowned but didn’t say anything. She was slightly upset Amber didn’t call to tell her that herself.

 

Key noticed the unhappy expression and chuckled. “Don’t worry. She’s still coming. She even promised to bring us some delicious food from the restaurant.”

 

The two ended up lazing around in the living room watching random shows that were airing.

 

“So you really haven’t confessed to her yet?” Key repeated his question as he stared up at Krystal sitting on the couch.

 

Not really in the mood to answer the question, Krystal flips open the book in her hand to a random page and starts to intently read it, hoping that if she pretended it was absolutely vital that she reads the book at this time, Key would...

 

“Why?” Key continues astounded. “Do you not like her anymore?”

 

Krystal flips the page.

 

“Yah, it’s been six months now. Are you planning on never confessing?” Key pushes himself off the ground and plops down on the couch next to the younger girl.

 

Krystal flips the page again.

 

“Have you fallen for someone else?”

 

Krystal sighs when she realizes Key wasn’t going to stop anytime soon.

 

“Do you not find her attractive anymore?”

 

“Wha—? No! I still find her...” Krystal pauses to collect her thoughts and finally places the book in her hands down. “No, I did not fall for someone else. No, I still find her very attractive. No, I do plan on confessing. I’m just waiting for the right time,” Krystal glares sharply at Key.

 

“And?” Key urges on.

 

“And what?”

 

“Do you still like Amber?”

 

“What? What kind of question is that?” Krystal replies in annoyance. “Isn’t it obvious that I still like her if I haven’t fallen for someone else and am waiting for the right time to confess?”

 

Key was about to say something when a click caught their attention.

 

Krystal looks up past Key to find Amber standing in front of the door holding her dangerously tilted can of milk tea in one hand and a large bag of takeout food in the other, looking shocked.

 

O.M.G.

 

At this very moment, Krystal wanted nothing but to punch Key in the face and disappear from the room. Maybe even turn back time if possible. She knew she would regret giving Amber her apartment lock code one day. It seems today was the day.

 

“Um...I brought lunch?” Amber finally got over her initial shock and held up the bag in her hand awkwardly. “There’s meat.”

 

Krystal hesitantly looked up for a split second before looking back down at her food.

 

After the three of them eventually made their way to the dining table to eat, nobody has spoken. The only sound that echoed inside the quiet apartment was the occasional soft chewing and swallowing.

 

“So um...what did you guys do this morning?” Amber finally broke the silence.

 

“Nothing much. Just watched some TV,” the usually chatty blond answered quietly, keeping his eyes on the bowl of rice in front of him. He felt somewhat guilty for putting Krystal in this position.

 

Krystal only nodded to confirm but said nothing else. She didn’t dare look at Amber, still feeling embarrassed and scared.

 

The lunch ended on an awkward note because Krystal and Key didn’t know how to act around Amber. The two didn’t say much even though it was obvious Amber was trying to behave normally to put them at ease.

 

The rest of the day didn’t turn out any better and soon, the three of them said goodbye to each other and went their separate ways, much to Krystal’s disappointment. It was already painful enough to have indirectly confessed to Amber and now, she couldn’t even explain things properly to the older girl.

 

Krystal couldn’t sleep a wink that night, tossing and turning in her bed as she replayed the events that happened earlier that day.

 

Ugh! Stupid Key! Krystal punched her mattress and buried her face into her pillow. Why did you have to ruin things for me?!

 

She then flipped onto her back and huffed angrily. Ugh! Stupid Amber! Why didn’t you say anything about my confession?! At least let me know how you feel too!

 

A few minutes of silence went by before Krystal let out a frustrated scream and sat up.

 

“No. This can’t do,” said the girl as she reaches for her phone on the nightstand. In order to get this burden off her chest faster, she needed to call Amber and explain everything over the phone. That was the only way, she reasoned. But then again, it would be more appropriate and effective to explain in person.

 

I’ll just... invite her to dinner tomorrow and explain everything... Yeah, that’s what I’ll do. Krystal nodded to herself and tapped the messaging icon. She then started typing rapidly into the phone.

 

“Hey Amber, are you free tomorrow? Do you want to have dinner with me? I want to explain what happened today in person.”

 

She sent the message and anxiously clutched her phone for a reply.

 

Krystal thought she was about to die from waiting even though it’s only been two minutes since she sent the text when her phone beeped, signaling an incoming message. She practically dropped her phone while trying to open the message.

 

“Sure. Just let me know when and where.”

 

After agreeing on the time and place, Krystal felt better as she laid back down, ready to get some sleep.

 

But just when she was about to drift off to dreamland, a beep came, insisting she open her eyes and check the incoming message.

 

“Just so you know, I still think you’re cute.”

 

Krystal stared at the words and had to pinch herself a couple of times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. A shy smile graced her lips for the first time that day as she typed a reply.

 

“Thank you. I also still think you’re cute too. Talk to you tomorrow, okay? Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.”

  

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Krystal heaved a sigh of relief when Amber excused herself to go to the restroom. The dinner has been going smoothly, much like their usual relaxed meal together, but since they haven’t touched that one important subject all night long, Krystal was still feeling extremely nervous.

 

The words she had spent all day trying to arrange in her head disappeared as soon as she saw Amber’s cute and gentle smile.

 

Come on, focus! Krystal was inclined to slap herself a little but since that might shock people around her, she settled for taking several deep breaths and a sip of her drink.

 

Soon enough, Amber returned to the table and Krystal jumped right into the topic.

 

“Amber, about yesterday...” she began, “I’m sorry you heard what you heard... I mean, you know I value our friendship more than anything else right? I would never want to jeopardize what we have.” Krystal looked down and blushed. “I only answered so Key would stop asking me things. I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable. I was just... I’m sorry...”

 

“You know liking someone is not a sin, right? You don’t have to apologize.”

 

“I know but I probably creeped you out and made you uneasy since... you know, we’re both girls...”

 

“Hey, love is love. Who are we to judge?”

 

Krystal felt slightly better after hearing that but continued to keep her head down, secretly hoping that Amber would accept her implied confession.

 

“So you think I’m cute and attractive, huh?”

 

Amber’s playful question caught Krystal off guard. She lifted her head up to see Amber laughing away, her face scrunched up in embarrassment. She couldn’t help but smile along, temporarily ignoring her warm, pink cheeks.

 

“I think the pilot sitting in front of me is cute,” Krystal finally said.

 

“I see.” Amber nodded with a smile. “Well, I think the flight attendant sitting in front of me is cute too. A bit creepy and stalkerish but cute nonetheless.” A laugh.

 

“I don’t stalk people.”

 

“My bad. Just me then?”

 

Krystal opened to retort but couldn’t because there was truth in what Amber said. “You’re the first,” she finally admitted with defeat.

 

“Hey, I’m flattered. Slightly scared but still very flattered,” Amber joked. She then leaned forward in her seat with a mischievous grin, “So. You like me?”

 

Krystal’s face flushed a crimson red as she nodded with whatever courage was left in her.

 

Amber leaned back in her seat with a satisfied smile. “Well, that’s a relief.”

 

“Huh?” Krystal tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Since you’ve been so graciously honest with me, I think I should come clean too,” Amber started, not really sure where her sudden courage was coming from. Perhaps it was Krystal’s confession that has infused her with enough confidence to admit her own hidden feelings. “Honestly, I like you too. Ever since Key first introduced you to me, you’ve caught my eye. From then on, my feelings for you have gradually grown.”

 

“Ah. So that’s why I always catch you staring at me back then.”

 

Amber chuckled. “Well, it’s better than stalking.”

 

“I wasn’t stalking.”

 

“Oh right, you were just being a total creep.”

 

“What’s wrong with wanting to spend as much time with you as possible?” Krystal took a sip of her drink coolly under Amber’s amused stare.

 

Amber decided not to tease the younger girl anymore and smoothly shifted the conversation to Key, food and flying.

 

“Let me take you home,” Krystal said to Amber after they had stepped out of the restaurant.

 

“Ah, don’t worry about it. It’s still early. I can just take the subway.”

 

“I wasn’t asking. Now come on, my car’s parked over there.” Krystal turned and headed towards the parking lot.

 

“Okay then.” Amber chuckled to herself as she followed after the girl. She secretly wanted to spend more time with Krystal before the night came to an end anyway and this was the perfect opportunity.

 

The drive ended up feeling a lot faster than it was and soon, the two found themselves in an awkward silence inside the vehicle, parked in front of Amber’s building.

 

“I...um...” Amber scratched her head. “Thanks for dinner and the ride home,” she finally said.

 

“My pleasure. Thank you for being so understanding.”

 

“No problem.”

 

Silence.

 

“Um... I think I should... go.” Amber reluctantly pulled the handle of the door.

 

“Okay. Sleep well.”

 

“You too. Drive safely.”

 

“Thanks. I will.”

 

“So...I’ll see you Saturday? Lunch?”

 

A smile began to spread across Krystal’s face. “Sure!” she replied a bit too eagerly.

 

Amber chuckled and nodded. “It’s a date then.”

 

This made them both blush quietly.

 

“Well then,” Amber cleared and spoke again, “Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

Amber was about to step out of the car when she felt a hand on her arm and heard the click of the seatbelt being unfastened. She turned her head and felt a soft pair of lips brush against her own.

 

Realizing what was happening, Amber gently pressed her own lips against Krystal’s, parting them so she could capture hers in a proper kiss.

 

Krystal’s hand went up to Amber’s cheek and she brushed her fingers over the smooth skin.

 

After a while, Amber finally pulled back a little. “I should... I should go,” she said, her breaths shallow and her heart racing inside her chest to the point where she was afraid she would pass out any second. Her eyes slowly fluttered open but the moment they did, she saw Krystal her lips.

 

Oh. My. Dear. Lord. Have mercy on my soul.

 

“Never mind,” Amber said as she leaned back in, successfully closing the small gap between them and recapturing Krystal’s lips with her own.

 

The two were equally breathless when the kiss finally ended for the second time. Only the sound of their heavy breathing could be heard inside the car.

 

“O-okay... I should...” Amber willed herself to pull away, softly taking Krystal’s hand off her cheek. She planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand and smiled. “I should really go.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Creep around my place on Sunday?”

 

Krystal let out a giggle. “Didn’t you just ask me out to lunch on Saturday?”

 

“Yes and now I’m planning in advance and asking you to come over to my place on Sunday.”

 

Krystal laughed when Amber planted another kiss on her hand. “Aren’t we going a bit too fast?”

 

“Says the stalker girl.”

 

“Hey, you should be flattered someone like me is stalking you.”

 

“I am. That’s why I’m inviting you over Sunday as a token of my gratitude.” Amber released Krystal’s hand and leaned forward – making Krystal hold her breath when the distance between their faces decreased. “So what do you say?” Amber asked.

 

Krystal gulped and nodded, unconsciously her lips.

 

Amber smirked and slowly inched forward. Krystal’s heart started racing in anticipation. She was so focused on Amber that she didn’t realize the seatbelt being pulled over her and the buckle being fastened in place until Amber had moved away and stepped out of the car.

 

“Great. I can’t wait.” Amber smiled at the girl and waved happily as she closed the door.

 

“Goodnight.” Krystal rolled down the passenger side window and waved back with a chuckle.

 

Amber grinned and blew an air kiss. “Goodnight, Krys. Sweet dreams.”

 

That night, both girls went to sleep with smiles on their faces.

 

Although this is just the beginning of their new relationship, one thing’s for sure:

 

Love was definitely in the air.

 

 

 

 

 

fin.