Unexpected Hello - Part 1

Random Ramen Kryber Shots

a/n: ok, I felt bad about the angst oneshot so here's an old halloween themed story I never posted. 

 

 

Unexpected Hello

Semi-Fluff

 

Part 1

 

The loud rev of engine made Krystal look up from her group of friends.

 

“Who’s that?” One of her friends asks.

 

There was a crowd of people gathering around someone by the end of the driveway like fans flocking towards a celebrity when they spot one on the streets.

 

“Don’t know. Can’t see cause it’s too dark,” someone else replies.

 

It was a windy Saturday night and one of Krystal’s friend decided to drag her to a pre-Halloween party that someone was throwing two weeks in advance. Krystal didn’t understand why anyone would throw a Halloween party so far in advance when they could just do it the day before or on the day of. However, that could just be her saltiness speaking since she was literally dragged out of the comfort of her bed last minute.

 

“Can we go now?” Krystal asks and her friends all frown at her.

 

“We just go here not even 10 minutes ago. Of course not,” one of them say.

 

“You have to stay at least an hour or so before you can leave,” another adds.

 

“Says who?”

 

“Come on, Krys. You never hang out with us anymore. You’re always either too busy or cooped up in your apartment. At this rate, we’re going to become strangers to each other.”

 

Krystal purses her lips ready to retort but eventually sighs. “Ugh, fine. One hour,” she says and proceeds to take out her phone to set a timer as a reminder. She shows her friend the timer and then pockets her phone. “One hour,” she reiterates.

 

Her friends roll their eyes and turn their attention back to the crowd now slightly dispersed. Krystal follows their line of sight and sees someone dressed in all black getting off a parked motorcycle. She furrows her brows, confused why there would be a commotion over someone riding a motorcycle.

 

It’s cool but it’s not that cool. It’s just a bike... Krystal thinks to herself.  Maybe they know the person?

 

And as if on cue, the biker takes off their helmet and casually lodges the helmet under their arm.

 

Okay. He’s kind of cute. Krystal silently admits to herself.

 

“Oh! I think I know who that is,” one of her friends interrupt her thought.

 

“Who is it?” another asks.

 

“I think that’s Amber. I don’t know her personally but I’ve met her a few times at other events. She seems like a cool person. Really friendly with everyone.”

 

Oh, it’s a girl? Krystal blinks in surprise. That’s... kind of hot. It was too dark to make out much of anything but as Krystal watches Amber casually comb through her hair and laugh with the people around her she couldn’t help but blush a little at her own thoughts.

 

But before she could think of anything else, Amber looks over and they make eye contact. Krystal tenses in her spot and swallows when Amber smiles at her. At first, she thought she was mistaking because clearly, why would this stranger smile at her when they didn’t even know each other and there were plenty of other people around to smile at, but when Amber kept her gaze, Krystal awkwardly coughs and looks away to occupy herself with the plastic cup in her hand.

 

She didn’t know how long she was staring at her cup when her friends decided to move inside the house instead of standing out on the driveway. Krystal wanted to object at first, not really a big fan of being in a sweaty crowded room, but quietly followed them in anyway. She had no interest for this party and really just wanted to go back home, wrap herself in her blanket with a hot cup of chocolate, and watch sappy romance movies. Even though it was the month of October and everything scary, she has never been a fan of horror movies so off the list they go.

 

Once inside, Krystal scans for a spot with less people. She manages to spot one towards the back of the house and quickly makes a beeline for it.

 

“I’ll just be over there,” she yells to her friends over the music. They had made an attempt to stop her but were separated by the crowd.

 

Krystal sighs as she sits down on the window ledge. She looks at her phone and frowns. “45 minutes left,” she mutters to herself. Time cannot go by any slower. Krystal sighs again as she stares out the window. There were a bunch of people out back around the pool area dancing and she wished time would go by faster.

 

About five minutes or so passes when Krystal feels a shadow over her. She was still staring out the window blankly and looks up to see someone’s reflection in the window. She turns around and is met with a pair of brown eyes.

 

“Hi there.”

 

Krystal blinks and raises her eyebrows. “Yes?”

 

The person standing before her chuckles, “You know, usually it’s common courtesy to say a ‘hello’ back when someone greets you for the first time.”

 

Krystal sighs. She wasn’t intentionally trying to be rude but at the same time, she wasn’t really interested in small talk with anyone here. She just wanted to be left alone until her one hour is up and she gets to go home. Not to mention, the person standing before her happens to also be the person she had a couple of inappropriate thoughts about earlier and who also smiled at her. But of course smiling at people is totally a normal thing so there was no reason why she should feel weird about it, Krystal had rationalized to herself.

 

When no reply came, the person before her continues on undeterred. “I was passing by the room and you looked like you were thinking pretty hard about something.”

 

“Yes, well, if you must know, I was just enjoying the view,” Krystal says, taking note of Amber’s slightly tousled dark brown hair, black leather jacket over a black t-shirt, black pants and ankle high biker boots. It was very fitting for a biker and Krystal had to admit, the girl was really attractive.

 

“Really now?” A pause as Amber shifts her eyes to the window with an amused look. “So you enjoy watching drunken people grind against each other? I mean, I guess if you’re into that kind of stuff.”

 

“Wha—” Krystal was caught off guard by the statement. “N-No! Of course not! I was talking about the night view. You know, the moon, the clouds, nature?” She quickly defended herself.

 

“Ah, is that right?”

 

“Yes,” Krystal purses her lips.

 

A smile. “Well, it is a beautiful night outside.”

 

“It’s kind of nice,” Krystal replies, “if you’re into the whole gray, foggy kind of weather thing.”

 

“It has its charms. Pretty fitting for this time of month, don’t you think?”

 

Krystal didn’t know why she was still talking to Amber. “Do you have a habit of talking to strangers?”

 

“I do what I have to do to entertain myself,” comes the reply followed by a smirk. “But if you must know, Princess, I don’t just talk to any stranger. Only interesting, cute ones that I really like.”

 

Krystal was a bit taken aback by the last part and could feel the temperature in her face rising a bit. She wasn’t sure if Amber was just flirting with her or if she was making fun of her.

 

“A-are you...” Krystal hesitated for a second before asking, “Are you flirting with me?”

 

Amber smiles that cute smile of hers. “I don’t know, Princess. Am I? You tell me.”

 

Krystal opens to reply but only air came out. She was speechless. Amber was definitely flirting with her, right? Or was this something else? Krystal felt her face heat up even more.

 

“Do you want it to be flirting?” Amber leans in closer to the girl.

 

“I...” Krystal wasn’t sure what was happening anymore or why she was now internally panicking. “W-why are you here again?” she asks, shifting back a little.

 

Amber observes the girl a little while longer before straightening back up. “Are you always this tense, Princess?”

 

“I’m not tense,” Krystal replies and clears , she wasn’t thinking straight anymore. “A-and stop calling me Princess. I have a name.”

 

Amber’s smile widened. “And what might that be?”

 

“Krystal,” Krystal answers before realizing that she just gave out her name when she had no intention of doing so. She silently curses at herself for falling into Amber’s traps. It didn’t help that Amber was just smiling at her.

 

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Krystal.” Amber sticks her hand out and Krystal eyes the girl suspiciously before hesitantly shaking it. “I’m Amber.”

 

I know, Krystal thinks to herself. She wasn’t sure if Amber was being sincere with her or if this was all a joke. But Amber’s honest smile on her lips gave Krystal mixed feelings. For some reason, she was drawn to Amber more than she would like to admit. Usually, if someone was this blunt or forward with her, Krystal would have left already or not give the person the time of day. But with Amber, there was something different.

 

“Well Ms. Krystal, I thoroughly enjoyed our little chat.” Amber releases Krystal’s hand and takes a step back. “I look forward to getting to know you better in the future.” Then with a wink, the girl turns and walks out of the room, disappearing into the sea of people before Krystal could say anything else.

 

Krystal sat there, a bit dazed and hand still held out in midair. She wasn’t sure what just happened nor did she understand Amber’s last statement.

 

 

 

---

Part 2 coming soon.