Three

Vindictive People!!

 Daehyun was in his garden, ready to go to school. On his knees, he was rubbing a rag along his shiny new bicycle. It was a gift from his parents and Daehyun's biggest pride for a month now. He never forgot to wash it every single day and then, he also rubbed it with polish. Yep. No one was allowed to touch it, and once, when a kid in school, almost touched it, Daehyun had almost fainted.

" Kids have phobias." was what Yongguk had told Daehyun's mum one day when she was telling her troubles to Mrs Bang over the wall. Both ladies had looked at the small boy who was climbing a tree in surprise at the remark.

" You're son is very mature.." was what MrsJung has said. " Always better than immature" was the reply she got from the tree's occupant..

Anyway. Daehyun got up and stared at his bicycle in pride. " I love you!" he exclaimed, hugging it.

" You coming?" drawled a voice and Daehyun looked up to see Yongguk, resting his chin on his hand as he watched over the wall.

Daehyun and Yongguk had begun to go to school together.

Mrs Jung came out. " Ok kids. You ready?" she asked.

'' Yeah!" cheerd Daehyun. Yongguk's head disappeared and appeared moments later outside Daehyun's house.

" Be careful. Look both left and right before crossing the road, don't talk to stranger's ,  don't  ride on the road ok. Ride on the pavement. And---

" Bye mum!" yelled Daehyun riding full speed out the gates, whizzing off bumping into trashcans while their neighbours yelled after him. 

Mrs Jung blinked at Yongguk, who yawned and stuffed his hands in his pockets watching the whizzing figure. " He won't die Mrs Jung.... I think." he said not very reassuringly.

" Thanks Yongguk." she said wryly. He grinned at her and went on his way. 

He watched Daehyun far away, and shook his head. 'Kids. His 8 for crying out loud' he sighed.

*******************

The day went on smoothly for the kids at the elementary school. Yongguk was punished outside the classroom three times, the kids learnt new songs and poems, the kids tried very hard to eat all their food except for yongguk who threw his at a boy who tried to befriend him.

Art went well, with lots of spilt paint and kids ended up looking like the painting themselves, and Yongguk was punished again for emptying his paint jar onto the teachers chair.... and the sight of a really big orange patch on her skirt and Yongguk calling her a babboon didn't really help his position...

Singing was good, with everyone trying to sing louder than each other and Yongguk getting punished for throwing his drum at the same boy who had tried to befriend him.( This time cause he had tried to challenge him and Yongguk was horrified that someone thought that they had the guts to challenge him!).

During music, where the teacher played the piano though, Yongguk sat quite still, and listened attentively.

Finally the day ended and Daehyun was the first to run outside to his beloved bicycle. But two boys, older than him were already at it, marvelling it, staring at it and worst of all... Touching it.

With a war cry, Daehyun lunged at them. ." MINE!!! GO AWAY!" he shrieked pushing them and pulling his bicycle away. " Who's this fat boy?" asked one of them who was wearing a cap. The other boy in a leopard print t-shirt shrugged. 

" Give that."  said cap boy and pulled the bicycle easily from Daehyun who clung onto his shirt screaming for help.

" Not your's!! MINE!" he shrieked as he tugged harder, face scrunched up as he pulled.

"Get lost! I found it now it's mine!" said the cap boy pushing Daehyun away roughly. Tripping over, Daehyun fell hard on his . The two boys laughed. " Wonder how hard the tyres are!" said leopard print. 

" NONONO!!!!" screamed Daehyun crawling towards them, tears of anger streaming down his face. Leopard print ran over to him and held him down laughing. " You are fat but weak!" he said. " Watch!" yelled cap boy as he stabbed at the tyre with a sharp rock

" NO!!! STOP!! MY BICYCLE!!" cried Daehyun as the bully boy scratched the shiny surface with the same rock. 

" No use now. Let's go" he said to his friend who got up and they both ran off, laughing. Daehyun didn't know how long he cried beside his bicycle, nor did he care. 'No more bicycle. No more fun. Now I have no friends... I'll be all alone---'

" What are you doing fatso?" 

Daehyun turned around and saw Yongguk walk up to him. The older boy looked at the bike then at Daehyun.  

" Who did that?" he asked . " Don't know their names. Older than us i think.." sniffled Daehyun wiping his face. He waited for a warm embrace and soothing words but got none. Instead,

" Stop that whining will ya? One thing that annoy's the outta me is crying people. He broke your bike. So what? You can get that fixed soon anyway. Stop being a big baby. Wipe your face and let's go." he said throwing a handkerchief at Daehyun who stared at him in annoyance.

" Who are you to tell me---" began Daehyun but stopped when Yongguk stooped down to face him. Brown eyes looked sharply into tear filled eyes.

" C'mon you big fat baby. Guys don't cry. I promise we can fix it up." he said getting up. Slowly Daehyun stood up and pulled his bike up with him. He began to wheel it behind Yongguk still sniffling. 

" Damn it's hot. And my mum got a ing appointment with the dentist too. Plus that ty car of her's is broken which means I have to walk to the bus stop. In this ing hot weather!And that bastard dentist will definitely find some bull to chat about and i'll be wasting time hearing that!." began yongguk

" How many times do i have to tell you not to swear in front of me!! It's not nice! My mum told me that swearing is very bad and ---" blah blah blah.

Yongguk chuckled as the small voice behind him got louder. Now that's the Daehyun he knew!

******************************

It was Saturday and Daehyun woke up bright and early at 6.00 am after which he watched his daily cartoons till 9.00 am and went out to play. His father had promised to build him a treehouse the next day and the little boy was excited.

" Okay dearie! Be a goodboy while i'm away ok." said his mother ruffling his hair as she threw in her bag into the passenger seat of her car.

" What if i become bad?" asked Daehyun throwing a pebble at his mum. It hit her head.

 She wore her sunglasses then scooped him up and brought him to eye level. " Will you be bad?" she asked threateningly. Daehyun smiled cheekily, and pulled off her glasses, poking her eye. 

" OUCH!!!!!" she screamed setting him down. " That can't stop me" sang Daehyun  running away. " Dad's inside if you need him okay, and call me if he forgets to give you food and I'll get him" said Mrs Jung with an evil glint in her eye and Daehyun right away decided to complain about Mr jung even if he was fed.

" Bye mum! Have fun at Mrs whoever's house. See you tomorrow!" yelled Daehyun waving wildly to his mum who gave him the thumbs up and drove away as well as her son on his bicycle...

" Keep it down kid!" yelled Mr Jung from his bedroom. Smile fading Daehyun sat on his rock, bored. If his mum was at home, he could have at least annoyed her.... he went inside and found his father's favourite brooch and went back to his rock

" If I had my bicycle... Then i could have ridden or talked to it. Oh... i can tell my lizard my problems! If i wish for it to be repaired, then i can get my bicycle faster from the repair shop! I'm smart! Like Iron steel.." he gasped jumping off his rock, dropping the brooch in the pond in the process.

" .... You probably mean Einstein." 

Yongguk was sitting on the wall seperating his and Daehyun's houses, in his purple pyjamas, munching an apple.

" That's what i said. And ew! Didn't you have your wash yet?" asked Daehyun scrunching his nose. Yongguk sighed swinging his feet back and forth. " Is it a habit of yours to ask obvious questions?" he asked.

Daehyun crossed his arms. " That's what processcuteers do." he said defiantly.

Yongguk laughed, throwing the apple core at Daehyun. " Are you bored ... processcuteer?" he asked

" Yeah. Why?" asked Daehyun narrowing his eyes at Yongguk who placed his palms on either side of himself on the wall.

" this ty wall..." he complained as a small rock jabbed his palm.  Before Daehyun could yell at him he continued

"You can come over to my place and i'll show you something in my backyard" he said as he stared at Daehyun impassively.

" Hmmm" thought Daehyun. ' Well, I have nothing to do. " Will you swear when i'm there?" he asked hopefully.

" Yep." came the bored reply.

Daehyun sighed. " Since i don't have my bike and my lizard needs a rest ...... okay!" he laughed climbing over the wall. " You should wash." he told Yongguk as he swung his legs over the wall and jumped off to Yongguk's garden. 

" Nah. To troublesome. " replied Yongguk  leading the way to his house. " Sit here till i eat something and come back."  muttered Yongguk disppearing into his kitchen.

" You just ate... And it's 2.00 in the afternoon" exclaimed Daehyun following him to the kitchen. " I usually get up at 5.00 so 2.00 is a record.." said Yongguk as he pulled out a bar of chocolate.

" In the morning?" asked Daehyun. Yongguk rolled his eyes. " Evening. Now come on ,let's go." he said leading Daehyun to the backyard which was overgrown with weeds.

" My mum would have made my dad clean this if it was ours." said Daehyun hopping over weeds. Yongguk just walked right through them. " Wouldn't it be amusing to watch someone walk through this with a blade... Dramatically? " he asked chuckling.

Daehyun blinked.  " You used the S w---- "

" Here we are." said Yongguk stopping. " What?" asked Daehyun, and Yongguk pointed at the ground

There was a hole like  a burrow. 

" That's what you wanted to show me?" asked Daehyun pointing at the hole. Yongguk nodded rolling the chocolate wrapper and throwing it away. 

" Yeah. there's a family of rabbits in there. " he said.

" Really? " said daehyun excitedly as he got on all fours and crawled to the burrow, saying " Hey rabbit rabbit" while Yongguk looked at him sceptically. 

" Can you get your ing out of--- OUCH!" he howled when daehyun punched his gut.

" What have i told you about swea--- AAAAARgh!!!" screamed Daehyun when he felt hands push him back. He spun around once before falling headfirst into the burrow. Angrily he tried to get out but couldn't. His eyes widened as he struggled.He felt his arms tightly pressed against him as he struggled.  

He was stuck! 

" .....  y...yongguk!!" screamed daehyun struggling.

" What?" came the calm voice.

" Owwww.. GET ME OUT!!" he wailed 

There was laughter as Yongguk prodded Daehyun's chubby legs.

" STOP POKING AND PULL ME OUT! " he cried

" But if I do you won't be able to see rabbits!" came the voice followed by laughter.

" ..... What are you saying! It's hard to breathe! Pull me out!" wailed Daehyun.

" What do i get in return for saving your ?" he asked whistling

" I'll give you a toy car i have!" came the muffled reply. Yongguk laughed. " i don't play with toys dip. I'm too old for that. What about a movie?" he drawled.

" What's a movie? That's not the latest film in the theatre.." said Daehyun.

" Dear Daehyun... You know nothing about the world do you?" sighed Yongguk sitting beside daehyun's legs and pulling out weeds.

" I'M GONNA SCREAM IF YOU DON'T GET ME OUT!" screamed daehyun thrashing his legs.

" Scream all you want fatty, no one will hear you. " smirked Yongguk but took hold of Daehyun's legs and began to pull nevertheless. 

" C'mon Yongguk! Pull harder!!" cheered Daehyun.

" Stop telling me what to do!" said Yongguk.

" Hold on, i'll go call my mum. Keep a watch out for those rabbits" said Yongguk as his voice faded into the distance.

" NO Don't go!!!! Don't leave me! I can't see... or breathe!" sighed Daehyun, exhausted. He wished that he was in his bed with his teddy bear. He began to sniffle

Several minutes passed. No one came. ' Did he forget?' wondered Daehyun.

A hour passed and Daehyun was on the verge of consciousness. The damp soil around him and the darkness, was making his eyes smart and before long he felt hot tears roll down his cheek, and the image of Yongguk's smirking face as he munched on an apple came into his head and he clenched his fists. 

Finally, he felt warm hands wrap around his ankle and a hard tug, and out he came. 

" Daehyun! " gasped his father cradling the small boy. Daehyun couldn't remember much towards the end, except for Mrs Bang's continuous apologies and Yongguk's blank face before he lost consciousness.

***************

Hours later he got up feeling awful. It was steadily getting darker outside and the days events played in his head and he scowled. That Yongguk! " I will get my revenge!!!" he said firmly before the door opened and his dad walked in.

" How are you feeling?" he asked setting down a bowl of soup beside Daehyun.

" I hate Yongguk! A lot. He's trying to kill me! Other than that, I have a headache " said the small boy pulling his blanket's upto his chin.. 

Mr Jung dropped a cloth into a bowl with ice.

" You have a fever so rest ok. Dad had a  tired day, what pulling you out of holes and all that.. So i'm off to bed ok." said Mr jung getting up stretching. Just call me through the phone if you need anything ok" he mumbled closing the door behind him.

" Phone? I don't have a phone!" 

Daehyun eyed the soup hesitantly. Mr Jung couldn't cook. Last time he did, resulted in his own father being hospitalized.

" I shall starve and tell mum" he thought to himself curling up, shivering.' Something warm would  be nice..' he thought. Several minutes past and Daehyun wished his mother was home.

" It's cold.." he whimpered rubbing his arms. 

" That's why I made this." said an all too familiar voice as Yongguk stepped in with a steaming mug.

" Go away. I hate you."

" Shut the up. " said Yongguk as he padded over to Daehyun and the cup under his nose. daehyun inhaled the aroma of chocolate and salivated. He also noted the small colourful marshmellows bobbing invitingly on the rich brown liquid. 

But his pride took the better of him.

" Get away from me you liar! I don't want to see you anymore. " yelled Daehyun pushing Yongguk away.

" Geez what have you been doing? Watching soppy lovey dovey dramas? I didn't want to make this for you but my mum said I should do something to make it up to you, so just drink it " he said placing the mug  near the soup.

" How can i trust you? What if you put poison in it?" asked Daehyun narrowing his eyes at Yongguk who shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking bored. " You choose fatty. If you have a brain you would know that soup is usually yellow or green... Not bloody red. Try it and we'll see what the real poison is." he said pointedly.

Daehyun thought this over tapping his chin. Yongguk had a point. " Like Iron Steel..." he said looking at Yongguk.

" It's Einstein you idiot." came the sarcastic voice.

" That's what i said" snapped Daehyun picking up the mug up and taking a sip tentatively. Eyes shining he looked at Yongguk then gulped the whole thing down. It warmed him up right away from his head right down to his toes.

" It's so good!" he sighed contentedly placing the mug on his sidetable. Yongguk sighed dramatically. " What can i say? i'm an all rounded guy.." 

Daehyun laughed. " Well i'm off then" said yongguk going to the door.  

" What about your mug?" called Daehyun after him. Yongguk stopped at the door and turned around. " Hmm. Nah. You can keep it. I hate it anyway.. Too colourful. See you around fatty." he said shutting the door behind him. Daehyun stared mouth open. What kind of person just gives cups away?

The door opened and Yongguk's head popped in.

" One more thing. The rabbits had shifted to another part of the backyard to without my interruptions.  So technically i'm not a liar and you should come over again sometime." said Yongguk grinning as the door shut again.

" Don' use the F word!!! " yelled Daehyun at the closed door. " What was he saying anyway?" he wondered. " ... And wait... Did he ask me to come over again? Does this mean I have a friend?" wondered Daehyun , a happy smile forming on his lips.

***********************************

A/N : Aww.. Aren't they cute? I just loved writing this chapter! There was so much on my mind and i hope it all came out okay! Gosh imagine if there actually exists a kid like yongguk!!! 

I am thankful for all the comments, upvotes and subscribers! It really makes me happy! Thank you so so much!

Comments are really  encouraging and make me update faster !! :) It  also let's me know that you guys like the story so far, cause there's no other way for me to know right?! So leave a comment ok!