Two

Vindictive People!!

" Ow mum! " came Daehyun's muffled voice as his mother hugged him tightly outside the elementary school gates. " Make sure to eat all your food and try not to be sent to the principal's office for stupid things ok" she said letting the boy go. " So it's ok if I get sent in for big things?" he asked seriously. Mrs Jung raised her son to eye level and looked at him sternly. He smiled cheekily and poked her eye.

" AAAAAARRRRGH!!!" screamed Mrs Jung setting down her son and clutching her eye.

Before she could yell at her son who was spinning around, Mrs Bang and her son came. He was playing on his gameboy as he lagged behind his mother. " Good morning" greeted the two ladies and began to chat.

" Good morning." said Daehyun cheerily to Yongguk. If you're wondering why he was nice to Yongguk, well Daehyun was never a boy who held grudges. 

Yongguk looked up and went back to his game, ignoring Daehyun who shrugged and went into his school. The moment he did, the bell rang and he ran into assembly, where everyone sang and recited nursery rhymes. During this session where all the kids were having fun, flailing their arms and twirling like ballerina's,Yongguk was in the corner, playing on his gameboy. He rolled his eyes at the sight before him and thought to himself how much lamer kids these days could become.

                                                      ****************

 " Okay class. Let's start Show and Tell time shall we?" asked their teacher smiling at the little faces that smiled back at her. She frowned a little seeing Yongguk plug earphones into his ear.

" What's that?" asked a boy from him pointing at his earphones. Yongguk whispered something to him and the boy backed off, alarmed. Yongguk grinned and closed his eyes.

" Yongguk. Take those earbuds out and pay attention. At your age, you shouldn't even be introduced to electronic items. Ah. This generation sure is moving fast.." said their teacher sitting on her desk.

" Well the rules don't say I can't. Heck there aren't any rules." scoffed Yongguk

There was a short silence as the students processed his words, then they gasped and stared at the boy who spoke against their teacher. Their loving teacher who was their mother in school. The teacher rose up, her face stone.

" This is gonna be bad." said Daehyun to the girl in pigtails next to him. She nodded in agreement. 

" Such insolence... While you're in my class, you will have a few rules. No electronic items, pay attention to me, and most importantly respect your elders." she said keeping her voice in check. There was a staring contest between the teacher and Yongguk, and finally Yongguk decided that he should maybe listen to the woman or he'd be in trouble with his mum. Grumbling he put away his ipod and rested his chin on his hands, a bored expression alightening his features.

" Ok! Who'd like to go first?" called out the teacher, smiling as a little girl ran up to the front.

Yongguk was dying of boredom. He didn't give a dogs tail to what the kids were saying. Till Daehyun went up, smiling. 

Ugh... That brat. What's he got? A necklace that spoke to him and granted his wishes? thought Yongguk scoffing again but paying attention to his neighbour nevertheless. He was partially right though.

Daehyun pulled out a small wooden box and kept it on the table in front of him ." I want to show you a thingy that I found when my family went  to Egypt. We were in a tomb and I trampled something. It was soft. I took it and it was a lizard. An Egyptian lizard." the class oooohed at this. 

Yongguk rolled his eyes. 'No ' he thought

" And then with an Eygptian man's help, I mummified it. " he continued pulling out said bandaged thingy from his wooden box. " WOOOOOOW..." gasped the kids. 

' How lame.' thought Yongguk watching as the kids rushed to Daehyun. The teacher laughed and sent them back to their seats ." And the best part is, it grants wishes. One time it was so hot and I told it to my lizard and it rained in the night." said the little boy his eyes shining. 

" It's the rainy season you moron." said Yongguk unable to hold his impatience. Everyone gave him a look and turned back to Daehyun.

" And then I wished that my mum buys me a pair of shoes I wanted and she did." he continued jumping up and down on his chubby feet as the class got excited.

" Calm down your balls fatty. It was probably your birthday." drawled Yongguk leaning back on his chair.

" Yongguk!" cried their teacher. " Mind you language" she said.

" I'm not lying! It was my birthday but she didn't know I wanted it!" exclaimed Daehyun.

'' Ignore him" said the kids turning their backs on Yongguk as they stared at Daehyun starry eyed, wanting to know more.

" Uh... Yeah! And then once I went to the cinema and I lost my parents in the crowd so I wished they were there and poof! They arrived like magic!" said Daehyun, snapping his finger's, his eyes widening as he clutched to the table in front of him dramatically. The class began to cheer and Daehyun held up the mummified lizard for more effect. 

Yongguk couldn't believe his eyes. These kids were so dumb! This was preposterous! What the hell was this school!? What the hell were these kids!? What the hell was he doing in here!!?

" Yongguk! Why don't you come up?" said their teacher laughing as she hugged and sent Daehyun to his seat.    ' Ah such vivid imagination', she thought.

Sighing Yongguk went to the front of the class. Stuffing his hands in his pocket, he began.

" I haven't really prepared anything for you people but I did think of speaking about , but seeing you guys are too stupid and immature and a bunch of sissies and won't probably understand anything about or the G spot or ion or s ... I think I'll talk about the neighbour's garden I destroyed when I was 5." he said nonchalantly. He then looked at their teacher and smirked. 

" TO THE PRINCIPAL!" she spluttered her eyes so wide they looked like they would pop out any second.

" And fatty. Just so you know, that dead body you have has no magic in it. Face reality and step into the cruel world." said Yongguk stepping out of the class.

" You're just jealous." yelled Daehyun after him.

" I don't get it... What was he saying before??" asked Daehyun from the pigtailed girl who shrugged. " Must be things he saw on a trip he went on." she said and Daehyun nodded with his mouth shaped like an 'O' like it all made complete sense.

                                                    ************************

It was time for baking and the kids were sceaming as they got out their supplies.

" AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY FLOUR!!!" wailed a girl as a boy took off with it. The teacher was running around the class, pulling back ingredients from one child and giving it to the rightful owners. Finally everyone was settling down, and finally began baking. 

Yongguk looked around the class trying to spot a place to laze. He didn't fancy being beside the nose picking boys or the dreamy girls. His eyes landed on Daehyun who was dumping flour into a big bowl, smiling as usual. He sighed and sat on the chair beside Daehyun.

" Aren't you baking?'' asked Daehyun curiously. " Does it look like I am?" asked Yongguk yawning and keeping his head on the table. 

" You're going to sleep?' asked Daehyun in surprise, still staring.

" Well aren't you a genius.." said Yongguk sarcastically. Sighing Daehyun pulled out three eggs. ' I can't break them so that only the yolk will come out. Gotta call the teacher..' he thought looking around. He spotted his teacher helping another kid. " What do I do?" he wondered.

" Gimme that." came Yongguk's voice gruffly as Daehyun felt the egg in his hand being pulled out. He watched as Yongguk cracked all three eggs and pushed the bowl back to him, as he went back to sleep.

" Thanks." smiled Daehyun. Humming, he pulled out a plastic spoon and began to mix.

" Aren't you an idiot. Your supposed to beat it with an egg beater." he said. " Shut up if you aren't going to do anything." snapped Daehyun concentration aligning his face. Shrugging Yongguk propped his chin on his hand and began watching Daehyun's progression.

" Did you add butter into that thing?" he asked.

" I said shut up."

" Or the milk?"

" Quit annoying!"

" Or sugar?" 

" SHUT UP!!!" screamed Daehyun. " Ok ok dickhead. Don't yell. Your already fat face bloats up. And that thing looks like ." he added pointing into the thing in the bowl.. which indeed looked awful. " I'll never eat anything you bake." said Yongguk taking the thing in the bowl and tossing it at Daehyun. It landed on his face.

" So how does it taste? " he asked amused at the angry boy who began to tremble.

' There they go. Now he'll start bawling his little heart out like the little he is, run to the teacher and  tell her everything.' thought Yongguk waiting for Daehyun's high pitched wails. They never came. Instead,

" I HATE YOU!!!!" he screamed as he threw an egg at Yongguk who ducked. " Ha. The little can't even aim. Try basketball and you'll be the reason for the team to fail." he said mockingly as he took two eggs and smashed them on Daehyun's head. He laughed watching it drip doown, until Daehyun's batter bowl landed on his head.

" Daehyun! Yongguk! What in the world!" exclaimed their teacher as she rushed to them, the other kids following close by.

" What happened?" asked the teacher hand on hip. None of the boys spoke up. Daehyun stood angrily, his little  face contorted as he held back his tears while Yongguk wiped his face calmly. 

" Yongguk, Daehyun, go and washup. And Yongguk if you have nothing to do, please go out and play." she said firlmly.

" Gladly." muttered Yongguk giving Daehyun one last scowl and walking out.

                                                    ******************

Daehyun just finished decorating his cake. It was crooked and looked weird.He had drawn a crooked line in the middle of the cake with green icing, to show a seperation in the cake.

He had tried to draw himself  as a fireman. Yep, it included a building with a screaming figure at the top part. The bottom part had him with the figure waving. But it actually looked like two things who had fallen from above and were happy at the bottom. The building looked like a stick and the figure in it was just a dot..

He smiled and laughed to himself. Hearing the childish laughter, the teacher came over and smiled at Daehyun who was jumping up and down on his chubby legs, spinning around. 

" Well done Daehyun!... I like that picture you have drawn of... a line... is that the sun on it?.." she asked frowning.

" Let's see how it tastes shall we?" she asked cutting a slice for herself. She tasted it and her face scrunched up as the awful flavours spread in . She looked down at the bright hopeful face and her heart melted. " It's great." she said his head. Daehyun took hold of her hand and swung it back and forth. " Is it really?? " he asked. The teacher nodded, a little guilty. " With time and practice you'll really improve" she said.

" Okay class, let's pack up! See you tomorrow!" she said watching her students run out. 

Daehyun walked out proudly, cake in hand. He heard musical notes floating out from the music room. With a little laugh, he ran towards it. It was Mr Kang who Daehyun had befriended on his first day. Mr Kang had promised to teach Daehyun to play but avoided holding any lessons for him since their first lesson. Daehyun had thought that he was busy, and was waiting patiently for his second lesson. 

Boy was he playing a beautiful piece. Daehyun stood outside listenig, his head moving to the rhythm. Each note Mr Kang played had emotions, it was like they had a life of their own. They danced in front of Daehyun's eyes and disappeared into the evening sky. Once it finished he kicked open the door.

" That was awesome Mr Kang" he cried and stopped, his jaw dropping seeing the small figure at the piano. 

" Yongguk?!" he exclaimed unable to believe his eyes.

" Are you blind you ?" he asked, as his fingers ghosted over the keys of the piano. 

" I don't know what a is but i'm sure it's a bad word and don't use bad words in front of me" he said huffily, setting his cake on a table near by. Yongguk laughed. " Get lost wit." he said turning back to the piano.

" DON'T SWEAR!. So how'd you learn the piano?" he asked dragging a chair over to the piano. Yongguk shrugged. " My mum taught me when i was a kid." he muttered, fingers the keys.

" But that was really good!! I mean Mr Kang would love to have you as a student! You are... A child progiddy!" exclaimed Daehyun, big eyes shining as he laughed. Yongguk raised an eyebrow at him. " You mean prodigy." said Yongguk shaking his head.

" That's what I said! You can become a piano man and go all over the world and... whoa... You can be like that piano man.. Mozee art.." he said sighing dreamily.

" Mozart. And pianist is a better word than piano man." corrected Yongguk laughing.

" That's what I said!" said Daehyun laughing as well. There was a comfortable silence after that in which Yongguk played a merry piece while Daehyun watched his slender fingers moving swiftly, amazed.

" I'm sorry for what I did before." said Daehyun sincerely. Yongguk stopped playing and looked at Daehyun, then went back to playing. Daehyun frowned when he got no reply.

" Yeah well. What I told was right, so ok I accept your apology." he started and Daehyun opened his mouth to argue. " But yeah. I guess I am too, for smashing those eggs on your head." he said. Daehyun shut his mouth

" You mean you're sorry?" he asked just in case he heard wrong. 

" That's what I said  

" You used the D word on me!!! I don't know what it means but don't swear!!! Want some cake?" he asked suddenly. Before Yongguk could refuse he had a slice of Daehyun's colourful cake in his hand.

' God don't kill me.' he prayed before taking a bite. Daehyun watched proudly, waiting for the awestruck response. 

" Oh my ing god!

' The F word! '  thought Daehyun horrified

"This tastes like bull!"

 ' The B word! '

"Oh god my tongue! my tastebuds!!"

' The S word! '

 " , , " cried Yongguk choking as he rushed to his bag and pulled out a bottle of water. 

' THE F WORD!!!! '

" What do you mean? Miss Kim said that it was great!" cried Daehyun.

" Miss Kim has gone off her rocker. This ! God if its possible to make a cake by mixing all the around the neighbourhood this could beat it!. It tastes like rotten eggs, , old socks and dead rotten meat!" exclaimed Yongguk staring at the cake in horror.

" Oh shut up! You're just jealous cause you can't bake like me! I will give it to my mum! " said Daehyun. Yongguk picked up his backpack and made his way to the door.

" Pray do so. If you want her dead. And me being jealous of your abilities, my god the ing nerve!" he said leaving. Angrily Daehyun took his cake and picked his bag. He stormed outside and went out the gates, all the while telling himself that Yongguk was jealous of his masterpiece. Far away he spotted Yongguk's figure.

" I know it tastes good " he said as he took a bite from his cake and stopped walking. " Oh my gosh!" he exclaimed spitting it out. He dumped the cake in the trash can he was passing by and pulled out a toffee he had, to rid himself of the taste. 

" He was right!" he marvelled and ran after the figure. " You were right! It !" he said once he caught up with Yongguk who removed an ear bud seeing Daehyun. " Hmm? I told you so. I never lie fatty"

" But why did Miss Kim lie? " wondered Daehyun.

" She couldn't break your baby heart. Damn i'll never eat your food again."

" Like i'll give it to you "

" If you want the truth you should, face."

" DO NOT USE THE S WORD ON ME!!!! How many S word's are there anyway?!! How come you know so many swear words? I don't like swear words! "

" Aww. Little ing Dickhead's.. OW!" yelped Yongguk as Daehyun kicked his shins.

"AAAAAARRGH!" he screamed as Yongguk began to chase him.

And  that's how a beautiful friendship blossomed....