Fourteen

Vindictive People!!

It was lunch time and the tired students trudged to the cafeteria, ready to pass out. Daehyun was the first to run out of class much to bulldog's disgust. 

' I'm doomed. He's gonna get me soon' he thought as he ran down the corridors to the cafeteria. 'What ever said and done, i'll never skip lunch. ' he thought slipping into the cafeteria and grabbing a plate. 

"Oooh" he gasped eyeing the food. Grinning, he grabbed 2 slices of pizza, a bowl of soup, a packet of rice, a glass of  milk and a carton of juice. He paid for it, earning a bewildered look from the serving dude at the full tray, before heading to the doors, as he ate in one of the many school gardens of the university.

"What is wrong with you peasant!" yelled a voice and Daehyun stopped as Youngjae stormed towards him and shook him by the collar.

Daehyun whined. " Don't!! The food!" he exclaimed hugging his loaded tray closer to himself.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and sighed. " Is food your life?" he asked. " Yes " replied Daehyun politely as he stuck a straw in his juice carton and tried to drink, frowning as he remembered the mask. "That my dear Daehyun was a rhetorical question " sighed Youngjae again. 

" Youngjae!! That's not the problem right now!! I'm in the same premises as my murderer!! He even stopped by our desk cause he smelt my presence! My blood! I watched it in a movie!! THEY CAN SMELL!!!!" he shrieked almost dropping his tray, eyes widening.

" He stopped by because I borrowed his pen and forgot to return it. And about him being able to smell you, those are only possible in those fantasy films... You probably watched some vampire movie " said Youngjae hitting Daehyun's head with  a rolled up paper.

" BUT HE KNOWS I'M HERE!! I SWEAR HE WILL COME HERE INTO THE CAFETERIA TOO! "

Youngjae scowled before opening his mouth and he stopped. He blinked a few times before closing his mouth.

" Umm. Yeah.. Lets go out.." he said quietly and Daehyun wailed. " MY LIFE IS--- OH MY GOODNESS! I TOLD YOU!!!" he shrieked pointing at the doors as Yongguk stepped into the cafeteria, looking bored.

" LOOK!! ITS THE NEW KID! LETS GO SAY HI!!!" screamed a bunch of students, and Daehyun began to hyperventilate as Yongguk grimaced and took a step back. He was surrounded by such  a large crowd, you couldn't even see him in the midst of it.

Daehyun was about to run off but stopped, a thought slipping through his mind.

'Crowds...'

An image of a 14 year old Yongguk looking at him helplessly flashed through his mind. Gasping he placed his tray on the table and looked around, eyes landing on none other than Jude, who was eating a carrot and reading a book. 'HA! How convenient!' thought Daehyun running to him. 

" HEY JUDE!!! .... Oh.. The Beatles... Get it.." he chuckled, while Jude looked up at him.

"Why does everyone do that to me?" he wondered nibbling the carrot.

" JUDE! I HEARD THE BULLDOGS EYEING MRS LEE! YOU SHOULD SEE THEM! THEIR RIGHT THERE!" said Daehyun hopping from one foot to the other, pointing out a window. 

It happened just the way he planned. Being a lover of juicy gossip, Jude scrambled onto the table and cupped his hands round his mouth.

" AAAARRRGH!!! ITS THE BULLDOG!!!! HE'S FLIRTING WITH MRS LEE!!!!" he screamed.

" WHAT!!!!??"

" OH MY GOD!!!"

" THIS IS SO COOL! THE BULLDOG HAS A HEART!!!" screamed the students running away from Yongguk. Daehyun blended in with the students, as he grabbed his tray and floated outside with them. Youngjae watched quietly as the people disappeared out of their sight.

He turned around to see Yongguk slipping into a seat, shrugging off his backpack. Only a few students, mainly nerds and geeks were left. He chuckled a little, as he approached Yongguk. 

" So. How's your first day in University?" he asked slipping into the seat opposite Yongguk, who dropped his head on the table. 

They were interrupted by aloud: " I DONT CARE TO LISTEN TO YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSES!!! IF YOU WIMPS EVER COME TO MY OFFICE AGAIN, I'LL SHRED YA'LL! FLIRTING WITH  MRS LEE?! WHY SHES HALF DEAD!!!"

" Uh.... Not Banging her..??" came a students voice weakly. 

Soon, kids were flying in the sky, like fireworks.

" Boring..." replied Yongguk and Youngjae gasped. " Boring?! Well i never!!!! Are you planning to do any extra curricular activities?" he asked. " Its not competitive like in school " he reminisced. 

" Nope."

" Oh. Why not join the science association? Or the robotic club?" he asked face brightening. As he was replied with silence, he continued.

" Or Basketball..or the archery club... or the swimming squad.." he grimaced at the thought of the vulgar clubs. " I advise you not to join those. Those students only fight with their fists. Now the science club on the other hand, we create items benefiting society " 

Silence.

Youngjae glanced at Yongguk, who hadn't moved his head from the table. He shrugged, ignoring the fact that he was talking to someone who whouldn't even reply.

"By the way, i am the best in the batch. I know you're back again and you are planning to beat me since you are my rival and that's what rivals do, but i am very happy to enlighten you, that you cannot. I am the best. And i am irreplaceable" he said leaning back on his chair, looking smug. 

Yongguk looked up and propped his chin on his hand, scanning Youngjae. 

" I dont even consider you  a rival Nerdjae. I'm way out of your league. " he said, impassively. Youngjae laughed loudly. "You live in a bubble Bang. And i'm gonna pop it soon" he snickered getting up. 

" It'll go off with a Bang Nerdjae " he heard Yongguk taunt behind him as he walked away from him. He laughed aloud. ' A pun! I cant believe I missed that fool. Only when it came to competition that is. Otherwise I dont give a sock or shoe about him' he smiled as he went in search of Daehyun.

*******************

Finally, the day of horror had come to an end. Daehyun was never one who went to the library but today was a special case. He was sitting beside Youngjae quietly reading a book named 'Washing away fear with a jug of beer '.  

Youngjae usually stayed late for research and was not very surprised when Daehyun arrived. "To avoid your murderer eh? " he had said when Daehyun's eyes crinkled behind his mask sheepishly

" See!!! It says 'You know  your enemy by the energy emanating from him. We all have chakra that rises and fluctuates from people to people. This chakra rises when facing the enemy. Therefore, it's better to stay indoors and keep your chakra levels in control.'  shrilled Daehyun as he read the advice. 

This had been going on for some time now and Youngjae was getting annoyed.All the authors' advice finished with ' Therefore it is better to stay indoors' . It was like he had written the book for Daehyun. 

" LOOK!!! It says right here " The enemy never forgets or forgives, he resorts to violence to quench his thirst for vengeance. Therefore.... It is better to stay indoors..." whispered Daehyun for effect and that was the final straw, as Youngjae slammed his huge thick book shut and grabbed the book Daehyun was reading. One look at the frail, pale, terrified looking author who was flinching as the shutter went off and Youngjae made his judgement on him and threw the book away. 

" OWW!!!" came a voice as the book landed on some unsuspecting guys head. " Daehyun, I am really disgusted at your behaviour. You know, Yongguk's not gonna do anything... I have known him since i was 5, and he was never a guy who held a grudge against anyone and believe me when i tell you this, there were tons of kids who have offended him when he was a kid. Plus he  has changed. He's nice now." said Youngjae seriously, opening his book again. 

" Really?" asked Daehyun weakly. " But, what i did was probably the worst " he said sadly. " Or was it?" he asked hopefully. Youngjae thought a bit.

" Yeah it was " he said finally and the spark of hope that lit in Daehyun's heart went off with a 'pop'.

"But really, just go apologize." added Youngjae

" Let's go." said Daehyun grabbing Youngjae's arm and twisting it to check the time, ignoring his request.

" HEY!!! THERE'S A CLOCK ON THE WALL FOOL!!!" yelped Youngjae pulling his arm back glaring at Daehyun who was already on his feet. "Oooh " he gasped pulling out a book that read, 'A killer is nothing more than a pillar to success - use thy enemy to make thy fortune' 

Youngjae sighed, seeing the same scared looking author, holding a pillar looking horrified. Growling a little, he grabbed the book and hurled it out the window. 

" OWWW!!!!" yelped the same student who was passing by the window, conveniently.

" Why can't we ride our bikes to school?" complained Daehyun as they trudged towards the entrance.There were a few students around the university, they too getting ready to go home.

" Well. Your bike was stolen by some weird tramp and my bike is too small for me  " said Youngjae as he carefully clipped his pen to his pocket.

" Oh!" said Daehyun trying to recall the incident. 

"Heh. It was pretty nice of you to distract the students from Yongguk by the way " chuckled Youngjae, poking Daehyuns side. Daehyun sniffed huffily.

"Thats not a bad thing!" he said stiffly and Youngjae hummed in response. 

" Anyway, now that i know why he's here, to kill me that is, I have planned to go to another university. It is for our own good." said Daehyun seriously. 

Our?" asked Youngjae quizzically.

" Yeah. Don't worry I think i know what university i wanna go to. I will also live in the hostel and never come back.."

" Geez.. That's the best thing you've ever said!!" cheered Youngjae and Daehyun gasped.  "What?! You want me gone?" he asked indignantly. Youngjae nodded. They heard a car unlocking and Daehyun stopped seeing the lights in Yongguks car flicker on for a second as it unlocked.

" Youngjae....." he whimpered.

"Everything's backfiring on you eh?" said Youngjae a little amused as he turned around to see Yongguk coming towards them.

"Is it him?" whispered Daehyun not daring to look himself. "Yep" said Youngjae eyes twinkling, as the tall figure came closer. 'I'll just move away' thought Youngjae chuckling, quietly making his way to a tree and hiding behind it.

'Ok Daehyun.. Don't run. It's just Yongguk. He can't kill you.' and so, mustering all his courage, Daehyun turned himself around. 

His breath shortened as the tall figure was mere meters away. Yongguk looked up and saw him.

The world stopped. Time slowed. Yongguk was walking towards him in slow motion. Behind him a guy was falling into the pond in slow motion too. 

Then the inevitable happened and Daehyun closed his eyes, waiting for it. 

Seconds passed, seconds turned to minutes.

Nothing happened.

" Um.. Hello...?" came Youngjae's impatient voice.

Daehyun opened his eyes breathing sharply. " Huh? Was i hallucinating?" he muttered and turned to Youngjae who snickered.

"He just walked past you Daehyun! " 

Daehyun started. " What?!" he asked. Youngjae nodded. " You are wearing a mask afterall. Obviously he cant see through it " he said sarcastically. 

" YESSS!! I'M SAFE!!!! OH YEAH!!!!" cheered Daehyun running around Youngjae. 

" Oh boy. You cant hide forever " muttered Youngjae as Daehyun dragged him home.

**************************

Yongguk parked his car outside his house and sighed closing his eyes for a few minutes. He had a headache and wished he could go to the beach and just laze a bit. Stepping out of his car, he leaned against it, and flipped through his phone. The only contacts he had was his mother's and Youngjae's. 'Pathetic' he thought smiling wryly. 

"COME DOWN RIGHT NOW AND FETCH MY SHOES FROM THE POND!!" screamed a man and Yongguk's head whipped up at it.

'Mr Jung...' 

"I AM GONNA FLUSH YOUR HEAD DOWN THE TOILET!!!" threatened Mr Jung as Yongguk shut the gate behind his house. A faint smile tugged at his lips at the familiar complaints and he stopped near his tree and glanced up at Daehyun's open window thoughtfully.

He half expected it to fly open and see an oversized boy with a triple chin, puffy cheeks and bulging stomach, wearing oversized clothes panting and squatting next to it, but it was dark and silent.

Shrugging, he climbed his tree, deciding to rest there for a bit.

*********************

A figure did squat near the window, late at night.

Daehyun was very careful. He always watched his murderer's house and squatted down near his window when it was never open. Which was usually all the time. As far as Daehyun knew, the window was usually shut.

'Maybe he does it to avoid me' thought Daehyun sadly

Right now, he finished his homework, and sat at his table and switched on his laptop. Yes finally, he had some modern technology to call his own.

He began to research about the lochness monster and finished up at around 10.30 p.m and flopped down on his bed bored. If things were like the old days, he could've just pelted rocks at Yongguk's window using a small water gun and gotten huge rocks thrown at him in return, using a catapult.

He groaned as sleep didn't come easily. Probably cause the bulldog gave too much homework and he didnt do half of it. " Maybe i should call Youngjae and tell him that the lochness monster shifts annually for vacation " thought Daehyun sitting up. 

Then he heard a sound. ''Huh?" he wondered, squinting. "A piano!" he gasped. 

The music floated through his window and Daehyun could picture notes dancing in front of his eyes. He was taken back in time, when he used to do the same thing when he was a kid, listen ing to the beautiful, soulful music, as he hugged his legs to his chest.

Smiling, he lay back down on his bed and snuggled into his cover, falling into a deep sleep, soothed by the familiar music.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N : Hehehe! I updated soon 'cause a lot of people were dying.. Hope this helped :D

 I hope this didn't bore you... It did? Oh...  :/

Uh... Yeah.. So...What do you think?? :)

I want to thank mallowmewings_halo and Jahu25 for upvoting!! And thank you all for subscribing, upvoting and commenting!! :) :D 

Feel free to comment!! :D