Thirteen.

Vindictive People!!

'Ain't I glad we have to go to university! Now i don't need to hide anymore ' thought Daehyun happily as he followed Youngjae. He hadn't seen or heard Yongguk after the small encounter the day before, and figured out that he probably stayed overnight somewhere in the town. Probably drunk. Hopefully  fallen in a ditch.

"Could you walk faster!" scolded Youngjae quickening his steps and Daehyun  shook his head trying to rid the images of people trying to pull a drunk and sleeping Yongguk out of a ditch.

" We're late because of you! I have bought you alarms' since we started middle school because education is life! But i still dont know how you break every one of them! This was the 25th one too!" continued Youngjae and Daehyun shrugged. 

" Who cares! You can be my alarm and save everyone the trouble! I mean, you do come to wake me up!" laughed Daehyun jogging up to Youngjae who scoffed and glared at him. "I only come when you get late. See! Classes are about to start!" screeched Youngje as they entered the university, to see it bustling with students as they hurried to their respective classes. " And why are you so happy?!" demanded Youngjae pulling out his books from his bag to feel important.

Daehyun smiled, eyes crinkling behind the mask. " I'm happy! Here, i can be free!!! I can just walk around, unafraid of being watched and shot, unafraid of the world!!" he said, eyes closing as he walked  around, arms open wide. Youngjae cocked a brow at him as he did a small dance. " What do you mean?" he asked finally tapping his  foot.

Daehyun stretched his arms almost hitting a teacher who was passing by. " I have to hide in my house for the rest of my life! Imagine that! The roles have changed! Now i love the place i used to hate and hate the place i used to love!" he said solemnly, taking a deep breath and turning his back on Youngjae. " I think-----" he stopped and furrowed his brows. " What?" asked Youngjae, in spite of himself. " Isn't that....." began Daehyun slowly, pointing at the carpark at the side of the university entrance. Youngjae stood beside him, squinting. 

" What? That? It's a car.... " he stated sighing. Daehyun shook his head. " It looks like Yongguk's... But it can't be his right? Cause why'd he come here? " he mused. Youngjae frowned, then snapped his fingers. 

" Oh yeah! Yongguk's attending our university!"

THUMP

Youngjae looked down, to see Daehyun flat on his back. " What... Do not tell me you fainted " said Youngjae threateningly. 

" I was planning to... But my shoelaces decided to trip me up instead " said Daehyun redoing his shoelaces and getting up.

Then his eyes widened as realization dawned on him.

" ARE YOU TELLING ME HE'S HERE TOO!!!!!!???" he yelped and students stopped to give him looks. 

" Drama queen..." whispered a guy sighing as he passed him, but Daehyun didn't even look at him.

" Im doomed..." he whispered clutching his cheeks.

********************

Work began and Daehyun was hiding in a corridor peeping out tentatively.

'What if I step out and come face to face with him?! He'll raise me by the collar and shake me and then punch me... And i'll die..' he thought in fear as he clutched onto the wall, eyes searching the corridor. No one looked a Yongguk to him, so he took a step and looked from left to right. Nothing.

BUMP!

Daehyun screamed as he collided into a broad chest. He looked at the boots, the big pair of trousers, to the huge thick black leather jacket and gulped, eyes wandering slowly, upto the bulldog like face as the man growled. 

It was that scary teacher.  

" JUNG DAEHYUN!!!" he bellowed and all the students turned to look at the boy. Daehyun's eyes widened in shock as he waved his arms trying to quieten the teacher who was now advancing on him. " The Yongguk might hear! He might be lurking somewhere in the shadows!'' he hissed but the Bulldog was too angry to hear his pleading.

Students gathered around, eager for some action in their mundane lives. 

" I... Uh.. It's obvious i didnt see you so there's no point saying that, is there? So I'll go with my next excuse which is, i was in a hurry to get to class.. which is a partial lie.." said Daehyun squinting thoughtfully. He got a snarl in response and backed away further as the teacher advanced.

" YOU BRAT! YOU INSOLENT FILTH! COME  I'LL TEACH YOU TO ----"

" Sir? Is that a new piercing?" asked a boy, pointing at the man's ear. His 5th piercing.

The teacher stopped and grinned. " Yep. Cool no?" he said pattng his ear, and Daehyun decided to use this as his moment of escape. Turning on his heel, he ran as fast as he could to his classroom. 

" Mask boy " sighed a girl watching the figure dissapear. 

Meanwhile, the university's office door opened and a tall figure stepped out, raising a brow at the small group who were gasping at something a buff man was saying.  

" NOW WHERE'S THAT KID?!!" bellowed the teacher suddenly, whipping his head from side to side. 

" He went that way " said a guy pointing towards Daehyun's class helpfully and the teacher gave a war cry and started off towards the class. 

Shaking his head, the tall figure looked at his timetable, groaned inwardly at the subject right on top. He felt watched and turned around, giving a questioning look to the students who were staring at him shamelessly. 

" Yongguk!" cried a voice as Youngjae pushed aside students violently and punched Yongguk's arm lightly, panting. " Where's this classroom?" asked Yongguk blankly. Youngjae looked at the timetable and grimaced. "You're with me for it.Come on." he muttered walking on, Yongguk beside him.

" You didn't by any chance see Dae--" began Youngjae but stopped eyes widening. Thankfully Yongguk wasn't listening to him and they passed Daehyun's class, as loud screams and roaring came from it.

" What is happening in there..?" asked Yongguk looking at the door bewildered and reached out for the knob.

" NO NO!! TEACHER'S HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAT... KIDS UP..." yelled Youngjae grabbing Yongguk by the arm and pulling him away.

" That's not----"

" SHUT UP! Let's go! It's a new day for you so let's be early!" sang Youngjae fuming inwardly and cursing Daehyun.' Phew, close call ' he thought opening the door to their class.

****************** 

Daehyun was adjusting his mask on his face and shook his head a bit, making bangs fall onto his face. He pulled out an eraser and began to cut it, deep in thought. He couldn't even concentrate the whole day, even though the scary bulldog teacher had threatened to use a cleaver on him and never let his death be known.

He still coudn't concentrate.

The university was huge! He could be anywhere! Daehyun had even kept his bladder in control,inspite of its complaints, for who knows? Yongguk was probably in the washrooms, waiting for him, twirling a spear, grinning evilly.

He groaned and dropped his head onto the table with a loud thump. And Youngjae just informed him that Yongguk shared all his classes. Meaning, he shared one class with Daehyun. Probably literature. Plus, Youngjae wouldn't be able to hang out much with Daehyun, to avoid any meetings with Yongguk.

But wait.. Yongguk didn't want friends back then... 'Maybe he has changed ' Daehyun thought picturing a clingy Yongguk with sparkly eyes, pulling Youngjae by the arm pouting and whining.

He cringed. 

A lightbulb flicked on in his head. 'I know why he came here! To ruin my life! He knows i come here, so he joined, and is waiting for me in the dark corners of the school, grinning evilly, ready to pounce... So this is his revenge' 

" Hey mask boy, the periods over. Outta ma seat " said a guy with long hair tied in a ponytail. Daehyun sighed, getting up, head hanging low. He collected the destroyed eraser and threw it into a flower pot near the door and peeped out, cautiously. 

'Wait... I have literature now! ' gasped Daehyun pulling out his timetable hurriedly. His eyes widened as he stared at the list and he almost fainted, but mustered up his courage. 'Nah. He's probably at the back of the premises waiting to attack' he thought, a picture of an evil, chuckling Yongguk, crouched beside a dumpster holding a knife, piggy eyes glinting, passed through his mind and he began making his way to his literature class. 

With every step he took, he began to feel at ease. 'Heh. Wait.. I'm Jung Daehyun. I fear only bugs. If there is no bug, i ain't afraid. Now man up like that scary oaf says!' he told himself and a wave of happiness rushed through him, as he marched courageously to his class.

" Excuse me "

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. And Daehyun froze.

He recognized the deep voice. 

" You... Hey " the voice continued behind him and every cell in Daehyun's body told him to run. ' It is coming true... This is it. Brace yourself.' said a voice in his head.

" Can you tell me where this class is?" asked the voice politely and Daehyun's body and soul became one. 

Screaming, he ran as fast as possible to his class, leaving a very confused Yongguk behind. 

" That's what happens when you stay here man.. The guys gonna put an end to himself today " said a random guy appearing beside Yongguk, who stared at him questioningly.

" The name's Jude " said the guy shrugging, holding out a hand and Yongguk raised a brow at him.

*********************

" Come come, do not laze. Pull the table just a bit further " commanded Youngjae, standing in front of the first row. He had gotten the nerds and geeks to pull it closer to the lecturer's desk, to 'concentrate better' and there was a huge gap between the first and second rows now. So big that a jeep could be parked between them

" But Youngjae! It's literature. Why would you want to be so close to the bulldog?" asked a bespecled girl panting as she held a hand to her forehead tiredly. The other nerds and geeks nodded. Youngjae's nostrils flared. " Do you not know that ----"

" AAAAAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!"

The door banged open and in rushed Daehyun, hair messed up and eyes flaring. He ran to Youngjae and grabbed him by the arms. 

" IT IS A CONSPIRACY!!! HE SPOKE TO ME! AND HE WAS POLITE!! WHEN DID HE LEARN TO BE POLITE?! THAT IS ENOUGH PROOF TO SHOW THAT HE'S GONNA KILL ME!!!" screamed daehyun shaking Youngjae.

" Wha--"

" HE WAS GOING TO KILL ME!!!"

" Wait--"

" HE TOLD ME HE WANTED TO KNOW A CLASS BUT I KNEW HE JUST WANTED TO REASSURE THAT IT WAS ME BEFORE ATTACKING, SO I DIDNT TURN AROUND, AND HE DIDN'T SEE MY FACE!!

"Why---"

" I THINK HE HAD A GUN TOO!  I FELT ITS PRESENCE!!! HE'S OUT TO GET ME I TELL YA! HELP ME OR----"

SLAP!

Silence. 

Everyone stared in surprise as Daehyun held his cheek, eyes wide in shock as Youngjae glared at him. " Back to your senses Jung. I'm assuming you met Yongguk yes?" he asked, studying the flustered boy before him. Daehyun nodded slowly, still holding his cheek. " And he spoke to you? "

Nod.

" He asked your name? "

Daehyun frowned.

" I suppose not" sighed Youngjae sarcastically.

" And you didn't turn yes? "

Nod.

" Even if you did, he won't see your face because, you're wearing your mask! Are you that thick skinned to not realize that? " asked the detective Yoo as he advanced on Daehyun who was squinting. Slowly his eyes widened and he sighed in relief " Oh yeah... It never ocurred!" he laughed slapping himself. 

BANG!

The door flew open for a second time as the literature teacher strode in.

" OK PUNKS SCRAM TO YER SEATS BEFORE I MAKE YOU! SHOW ME YOUR HOMEWORK!!" he barked as students ran to sit down.

Humming Youngjae pulled out his work and placed it in front of him, before placing a pen, pencil and a ruler in his small penholder. He raised a brow at Daehyun who slipped in beside him, becuase he usually sat at the third row.

" In case he comes and sees me " shrugged Daehyun as if in reply.

" ONLY THE NERDY KID YOUNG RAY,  MANGAED TO PASS THE TEST I GAVE LAST WEEK." spat the Bulldog, pulling out a sheaf of test papers from his jacket pocket.

"It's Youngjae sir.." corrected the nerd, curtly.

" NOBODY CARES KID!! YOU USELESS PIECES OF TRASH! YA THINK YOU CAN PASS MY TESTS WITHOUT STUDYING HUH? WELL, EVERYONE WHO GOT BELOW 35, STAY AFTERSCHOOL TODAY AND I'LL DO A SPECIAL LESSON FOR YOU. AND NEXT MONTH, I'M HAVING A PRELIMINARY TEST TO CHOOSE WHICH PUNKS I WANT IN THIS GODDAMN CLASS!!!!! UNDERSTOOD RODENTS?" he yelled. 

"YES SIR"

" ALRIGHT DIMWITS! LETS DO A POEM TODAY! WHICH OF YOU PRATS KNOW ABOUT JOHN DONNE?!!!" he yelled as he marched to the board and glared at them all.

Silence

" Uh.... John.. Donne... He was done for.. Get it.. The pun..." whispered a kid to his friend, who chuckled. Too bad bulldog had sharp ears. In seconds the kid was a speck in the distant sky. 

" ALRIGHT! YOU! PUNK! ON YOUR FEET!" he barked at a boy who stood up shakily.

" SAY SOMETHING OR I'M GONNA ------"

The door opened and everyone looked at it hopefully. Maybe someone had finally realized the abuse they go through and had come to save them?

Instead of an angel in disguise a lanky boy walked in.

'' WHAT DO YOU WANT JUDE?" yelled the bulldog glaring impatiently at the boy.

" Uh... Just showing the new kid around " shrugged Jude, gesturing towards someone to come. " GET OUT!" yelled the bulldog and Jude left sighing. All eyes were on the new kid.

Youngjae glanced at Daehyun, who was staring, mouth probably open behind his mask.

'Is that... Yongguk?' he gasped as he took in the figure. He was nothing like he expected. His features had sharpened and his eyes weren't small and piggy like Daehyun thought. And his skin was a healthy tan. He had a familiar powerful aura about him, that Daehyun felt at once.

" Youngjae... are you sure that's Yongguk?" he whispered hoarsely. Youngjae snickered. " Yeah. I was shocked too" he whispered back. 

" OK KID. GO SIT SOMEHWERE I AINT CONCERNED ENOUGH TO KNOW YOUR NAME " said the bulldog and Yongguk glanced at the empty row right at the back of the class. He ignored the openly staring students as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and began to walk to the back.

Daehyun sank lower into his seat as Yongguk passed their row and held his breath, as Yongguk stopped. 

" Oh yeah.." muttered Youngjae handing him a pen. " I ain't gonna thank you " he added as Yongguk scoffed and continued on his way to the back.  Daehyun breathed in, sinking lower into his chair. " Hey, relax. This is the first row, he can't see you." said Youngjae briskly. 

" OKAY PUNKS! WHERE WERE WE? OH YES! JOHN DONNE! TELL ME A POEM OF HIS!" said the angry teacher. " But sir... Isn't that what you should be telling us?" asked a student who was seconds later slumped on his seat.

The faint.

" YOU!" barked the teacher pointing at Daehyun's disappearig head. It stopped moving and Daehyun almost  choked as his supply of oxygen was cut off. 'Oh no!!!!' he panicked. 

" YOU PUNK! ON YOUR FEET JUNG-----"

"I KNOW ABOUT JOHN DONNE!" yelled Youngjae shooting up onto his feet. 

The teacher sighed in resignation, his plan to bully Daehyun crumbling. " OK OK SHUT IT!" he snapped after Youngjae introduced the dead poet to the class for 1 and a half minutes.

" Oh thank you!" sniffled Daehyun hugging Youngjae once he sat down.

" Touch me not " said Youngjae curtly as he pulled out his famed pocket knife.

*********************

A/N : Double update! *Cheers!*