Distract From Drama

What We Can't Have

Myungsoo had one of his arms wrapped around my waist and I clung to his neck. I realized I was digging my nails into Myungsoo's neck, thats when I released my grip. I began pulling away when Myungsoo whispered in my ear.

"Are you still scared?" He whispered softly in my ear.

"I'm fine." I whispered back.

I was so happy, what if Myungsoo really did like me?
Suddenly, Myungsoo patted my head like a child and retreated his arm.

That's when I realized, he was just being a comforting friend...got my hopes up too soon!

"Gyu fix the lights." Dongwoo joked.

"I would if I could." Sunggyu replied.

"Ga Eun are you okay?" Sungjong asked.

"Yes." I said faintly.

"Myungsoo-ah! Be a gentleman and hold her hand!" Woohyun chuckled.

"Hey-ah! I am, see!" Myungsoo laughed back as he grabbed my hand and lifted it up.

Woohyun could see him shaking my hand because he had a candle lit.

"If you're gonna hold it, hold it correctly." Woohyun said as he walked over to me and grabbed my other hand.

MYUNGSOO HELD MY LEFT HAND AND WOOHYUN HELD MY RIGHT HAND!

"See...you have to interlock fingers." Woohyun said lifting my right hand and shaking it.

"Ah like this...?" Myungsoo replied as he interlocked his fingers with mine.

"Yes, which hand do you like better?" Woohyun asked.

I shook Woohyun's hand to signify I chose his just to make Myungsoo mad.

"Haha, she likes my hand better!" Woohyun laughed.

"Very funny Hyun." Myungsoo joked as he let go of my hand.

As soon as he let go the lights all came back on.

"Woohoo Yay!" Everyone cheered.

I stood up in the excitement as Woohyun swung around our hands.

"I haven't held a girl's hand in a long time." Woohyun laughed.

I smiled and hid my blushing face.

"Look Gyu, girls' hands are small." Woohyun said calling over Sunggyu.

"Ah you're right." Sunggyu laughed.

Woohyun released my hand and followed everyone into the kitchen. Myungsoo grabbed my arm.

"Did you really like his hand more?" He said feeling a little let down.

"Uh....mm....no." I stuttered.

"Good." He smiled as he walked into the kitchen.

I followed everyone into the kitchen to watch them make smoothies. Hoya handed me a strawberry one. I took it and sat down on the couch. Sungjong joined me and the TV. It was a preview for a drama's second season.

"Ah why won't it turn off!" Sungjong yelled trying to change the channel.

Myungsoo caught a glimpse of the preview. That was the drama he USED to be apart of.

"Finally." Sungjong whispered as the preview finished.

Myungsoo placed his smoothie down and walked into his room lifting up the broken door. He covered the doorway, wanting to be alone.

"What's wrong with him?" Woohyun asked as he sipped his drink.

"He saw the drama preview." Sungjong replied.

"What should we do?" Sungyeol asked.

"Go out tomorrow?" I added.

"Oh that's good....I'll book us a table at that restaurant with the games." Sunggyu said.

"Well, I'm going to bed." They said one by one, leaving the room.

Like the stupid person I was, I opened the door to Myungsoo room. It fell down and startled Myungsoo who was trying to sleep.

"I'm sorry....I'm so sorry." I bowed before trying to pick up the door.

"Wait, don't do that it's heavy!" Myungsoo yelled before I tried to place the door down, but hurt my fingers instead.

"Ow!" I squealed as I saw the blood coming out of my hand.

"Ga Eun, are you okay!" Myungsoo screeched as he ran me to the kitchen and rinsed my hand.

He grabbed the first aid kit and began pour rubbing alcohol on my wound.

"Ow...." I kept squealing.

"Sh.....stop being a baby, grow up!" Myungsoo added.

I pulled my hand away from him and grabbed some bandage wrap. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I was so hurt by Myungsoo's statement. I had worshipped him as an idol for a couple of years and just came to the realization he doesn't TRULY care about me. I began wrapping my wound and sat on the floor. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and a rattle on the knob.

"Ga Eun?" Myungsoo whispered.

"Go away..." I replied as I held my wound.

There was no further conversation. I stayed in the bathroom sobbing softly and Myungsoo walked away to go to bed. My night had been terrible, one of the worse. It's like reality hit me and said YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MARRY YOU'RE BIAS, NOW GO AWAY. That night I slept into the bathroom and probably would have never came out unless Dongwoo didn't knock on the door. I was finished showering and was hesitent to step out, I was glad I had some clothes in the bathroom because my suitcase was there.

"I have to pee!" Dongwoo whined.

"I'm sorry." I bowed as I walked out of the bathroom.

My eyes were immediantly drawn to Myungsoo who was dodging my eyes too. Woohyun handed Myungsoo a bowl of ramen and asked him to sit. Woohyun noticed that Myungsoo and I had some type of tension. He watched us dart away from eachother and he saw my wound.

"Myungsoo you don't have plans right?" Woohyun questioned.

"No...why?" Myungsoo added.

"Well we are all going out tonight." Woohyun smiled.

"Fine by me." Myungsoo replied.

"Hm...one more thing." Woohyun said as he walked towards me.

"Gia? What happened to your hand?" He questioned.

"I uhm....dropped the door on it." I stated honestly.

"I did hear screaming and slamming last night. Myungsoo did you help her at all?" Woohyun badgered.

"We-" Myungsoo started.

"Yes, he did." I said cutting Myungsoo off.

"Ga Eun, why did you sleep in the bathroom?" Woohyun asked.

"Beca-" I started.

"Because of me..." Myungsoo interjected.